[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good video game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: cover_large.jpg (118 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
118 KB, 600x532
Is this a good video game?
>>
I'd bravely her default
>>
Yes, but it gets bad after a certain point. Otherwise is great.
>>
>>330357135
could you elaborate without spoiling too much, or would it spoil a ton?
>>
>>330356867
Yes, now get the fuck out before you get spoiled
>>
>>330357257
The game is separated in chapters. 8 chapters. The first 4 chapters are great and from 5 to 8 are kinda boring. That's all I can tell you without spoiling the story.
>>
>>330357257
About halfway through the game tou go through an stupid amount of backtracking and grinding just to reach the true ending.

The last 2 boss fights are worth it though if you ask me.
>>
>>330357257
Basically the entire second half of the game is backtracking and fighting bosses over again.

>>330357494
Chapter 8 is amazing and 7 still has pretty gud boss battles, but 5 and 6 can be really painful.

Luckily if you know what you're doing you can blaze through them both in about 30 minutes
>>
Get the jap version so it's not censored.
>>
>>330357725
>Luckily if you know what you're doing you can blaze through them both in about 30 minutes
That only if needed, because those famous chapters can be enjoyable to some people. I really had no problem with them.
>>
Welp, given that you guys didn't immediatly shit on it makes it a very rare case of "worth a shot".
Thank you all.
>>
>>330358417
RPGs by Square Enix are rarely shit, so it's a plus
>>
>>330356867
It's a very good game with very bad writing.
>>
it was good and then the second half started and it turned to shit.

Im willing to give Bravely second a shot but from what Im hearing it's the same thing
>>
>>330356867
kinda
>>
>>330356867

I liked it. I agree with the others saying the ending chapters aren't as strong as the initial ones, but I liked em.

I always get drawn in by job systems, anyway, so I cranked a lot of hours into grinding them out. Not necessary, but I thought they were fun.
>>
>>330356867

Absolute shit, not even worth a pirate. The job system wasn't even playtested so half the game is pointless busy work when you figure it out unless you're a total moron (hurr durr level 3 red mage ability, "get 2 BP every time you're hit with a status ailment" use BM to poisona party 3 times in a row and then esuna last brave meaning the 3 characters get 12 attacks per turn) with a story that is absolute shit groundhog day bullshit where the characters are as dumb as fucking possible until the game literally has to spell it out for you on the title screen as if you didn't already figure out who the villain was.

Then there's the Sequel which is just a fucking meme-spouting retard. Hey, remember that one Mgrgr line in the first game? Let's use it 8 times in a fucking hour now in the sequel.

Not to mention the mobile-phone game tier waiting minigame for rebuilding the town/moon.

Seriously, if you like these games? Kill yourself.
>>
File: images (11).jpg (25 KB, 342x431) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
25 KB, 342x431
>>330361874
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>330356867
Do you enjoy insane difficulty and intricate battle/party lineup combinations in turn-based battling? If so, you'll find this game amazing like I did.
Are you a sperg who thinks a few minor flaws like repeated dialogue is enough to ruin a game? If so, you won't enjoy it.
>>
>>330356867
No. It started off good but it's ruined by having to do the exact same thing for four chapters.
>>
>>330356867
If you have to buy this, there is only one reason:

the same reason why you would buy senran, and it aint gameplay

Japanese version uncensored or you literally bought/pirated shit.
>>
>>330364945
>it aint gameplay
But it is gameplay. Don't tell me you'd buy this game for the dialogue/story?
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 346x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 346x444
>>330364564
>Do you enjoy insane difficulty and intricate battle/party lineup combinations in turn-based battling?
>>
>>330364945
>It ain't gameplay

Literally the one thing nearly everyone unanimously agreed on was that Bravely Default had one of the best battle systems in Jrpgs in years.
>>
No.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.