[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sims 3 > 4, right? more complete as in features (expansions),
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: Sims3cover.jpg (81 KB, 336x475) Image search: [Google]
Sims3cover.jpg
81 KB, 336x475
sims 3 > 4, right? more complete as in features (expansions), open world etc?
>>
Yes but it runs like shit once you install a couple of the expansions
>>
By far
>>
>>330338915
Sure.
Of course, if you actually USE them expansions, shit breaks down ...

So, in my book, 4 is better since you can actually use the shit you paid for.
>>
>>330339020
i have all of the expansions installed so far and like half of the stuff packs, it runs fine except when its obviously loading something, then the whole screen will freeze for a moment. however the game loads shit in the background is definitely terrible.
>>
bump for sims cause why not
>>
3 is great, but only if you have less than 3 expansions otherwise your game is going to take fucking FOREVER to load. The interactions with other sims in Sims 4 is a lot better though, as is the sim construction and actual building, but holy shit did they fuck up by removing the open world shit, I miss being able to get out of my house and just click on the other side of the neighborhood to go where I want.
>>
>>330341234
if it werent for the videos, it doesn't actually take that long to start. i dont even have an ssd. but the unskippable videos are horrible because the game isnt even loading in the background while they play. so even that 5 second ea/maxis video is doing nothing but adding to load time.
>>
>>330341549
it's not even the opening intro that makes the game load terribly slow, it's when your trying to get in to a household, that fucking load time is sooo long.
>>
>>330338915
Sims 2 is objectively the best, though.
>>
>>330341549
the whole game definitely has more loading than other games.

>>330341959
i've played the shit out of sims 1/2 over the years. its just like every now and then, i get the urge to build and shit. i haven't touched 3 much til now, let alone 4.
>>
>>330341880
>>330342598
derp

>the whole game definitely has more loading than other games.
>>
last bump. come on, its the sims. you know you get the urge now and then
>>
>>330344526
The Sims 4 made me drop this series
>>
>>330338915
Not preferring the sims 2 over the dumbed down, strictly worse looking sims 3.
>>
>>330338915
Yes, it actually feels like a way forward instead of 4 which feels just like an update, the interactions are the only new thing while removing the major update the sims 3 brought
>>
>>330345216
i played the crap out of 2 and loved it, whats wrong with it vs 3?
>>
>>330338915
Definately
>>
>>330339020
>>330339223
>>330340332
>>330341959
>>330342731
>>330342598
>>330345429
>>330345681

Still, i rather have sims3 loading screens than sims4 loading screens.

Why?

Sims3 with all expansions and mods: Can take up to 10 minutes to load. But once you are playing, no more loading screens. And its still Open World and has 64x64 lots

Sims4:
>Go anywhere
>Loadingscreen of 10 seconds

this fucking ruins everything. I'd rather wait 10 minutes to load up the game and then play uninterrupted than load up the game in 2minutes and get a loading screen everywhere

also 50x50 lots max, no open world, no cars

lol no

Sims 4 is horrible, fuck EA
>>
>>330345756
Also there is nothing on the map on 4, at least in 3 there was animals, gems , bugs, rabbitholes, fishing spots
>>
>>330345861
Yup

sims4 is literally simcity all over again

forget about it guys
>>
>>330338915
TS3 is better by virtue of having create a style and open neighborhoods. I rely on the former way more than I thought, I realized this as I tried to build a house on TS4 and notice that the color and material choices are exceedingly limited.
>>
The older games like TS1 and TS2 seemed to have so much soul and sweat put into to them. TS4 seems like a lame cash grab.
>>
Every Sim in Sims 4 feels the same. Mainly due to emotions and traits not actually doing shit. And that's why Sims 4 is boring.
>>
>>330346425
maxis was a magical company at one time. they produced games that even today are in categories of their own. yet they're pretty dead now, its sad really. cue the ea meme
>>
>Cities Skylines saved Simcity
>Planet Coaster saved Roller Coaster Tycoon

What will save The Sims?
>>
>>330347076
Singles: Flirt Up Your Life
>>
>>330347295
whats this? can you post a video?
>>
Anyone else surprised there's not a lot of micro transactions in Sims 4?
>>
>>330347523
that brings up another question for 3 - how do i get these stupid sim points shit to stop showing up when i go to buy something? its ridiculous to go buy a tv and the first 3-4 are microtransation shit. how do i turn that off?
>>
>>330347415
There's a sequel called Singles 2: Triple Trouble where you can have threesomes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEgkiwtK4d4

If you're downloading it, make sure to get the EU version. The US version is censored.
>>
>>330348448
wtf? this looks like a sims mod
>>
>>330339030
>exaggerations

nigga my toaster is five years old yet can run a full expac sims 3 fine
>>
>install nraas errortrap and nightwatch mods
>???
>profit

>>330348157
turn off sims store in options
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.