[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Factorio is a boring piece of shit with no real sense of direction.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
Factorio is a boring piece of shit with no real sense of direction.
Why does /v/ like it so much?
>>
Who is this /v/ and why do you care what he likes
>>
git gud
>>
You have to build a rocket to escape the planet.

There, is that enough direction to you?
>>
>>330332332
It's ok, he's doing the tried and tested method of beginning a thread about a game he likes by saying it's shit to promote more discussion.
>>
A decent amount of /v/irgins are legitimately, mildly autistic. Factorio tickles their fancy because it's mentally stimulating, open and unrestricted like Minecraft, and more importantly, since the game appeals to their specific brand of "intellect", they can share screenshots of their creations and actually receive compliments on it. This is a pretty big deal for an autist.

tl;dr - it's a creative game for autistic people
>>
>>330332640
this, normies stay away
>>
>>330332136

Autism, which isn't a bad thing because I enjoy it.
>>
>>330332136
>Factorio is a boring piece of shit with no real sense of direction.
they see themselves in it
>>
>>330332640
>>330332708
>TFW autistic enough for Minecraft
>TFW not autistic enough for Factorio even though I enjoy the Minecraft mods that are of similar nature
I want it, but I'm just not fucked mentally enough for it.
>>
>no sense of direction
>you win when you build a rocket
>>
File: 1454530325658.jpg (38 KB, 551x367) Image search: [Google]
1454530325658.jpg
38 KB, 551x367
>tfw only autistic enough to get to blue flasks before my brain is overwhelmed
>>
>>330332403
>>330332918
>Winning
What are you, a normie?
>>
>>330332136
Because I am being paid hourly three times the minimum wage.
You could get paid too.
Please contact Microsoft Corporations at Your earliest convienience.
>>
>>330332987
I tried this shit out and got to green flask and just couldn't continue
>>
File: jews in a nutshell.gif (2 MB, 472x360) Image search: [Google]
jews in a nutshell.gif
2 MB, 472x360
>yfw you launch your first rocket
>>
>>330332987
>>330333085
It's not that hard once you realise you're not really limited for space and allowed to have more than one assembler making cogs, copper wire, etc. It's better for flow anyway.
>>
OP if you want a game with more focus, I recommend Infinifactory. There's also its more humble but equally complex predecessor, SpaceChem.
>>
>>330332136
It's a cleverly disguised programming based game.
>>
>>330333658
Programming doesn't work that way. At all.
>>
>>330332136
>with no real sense of direction. why does /v/ like it
We prefer to carve our own path instead of being led by another.
>>
>>330333282
Is the game over when you do or do you keep building things on another planet or I don't know.
>>
>>330334981
game over. you can continue playing the same world or restart the game.
>>
>$20 is too steep of a price for a game that there's a decent chance I won't like
>go to pirate, but suddenly feel really guilty about it for some reason
help
>>
>>330334981
No, Launch a thousand rockets
They're adding a better end game soon (tm)
>>
How do i change the appearance of the character you are playing?
>>
File: 1407802118542.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1407802118542.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>autistic enough to go completely end game
>now there is nothing to do, everything is pretty much automated
>need something more intense than blue pots
>>
my main gripe with this game is that I don't seem to be able to build a factory that's as efficient as right-clicking the research pack I need 200 times with an inventory full of iron

why is my guy twice as fast as an assembly machine?
>>
>>330335839
I think when you are able to use the highest tier of the assembly machines just put the chips to enhance speed
>>
>>330332136
>early access
>>
>>330335839
You need more assembly machines, two isn't enough, three isn't enough, five neither, nine is close depending how many labs you want.
>>
>>330335694
Start automating automation
>>
>>330336052
XD
>>
>>330336318
>defending early access
>>
>>330335839
That works for early research with a few red and green bottles but it soon takes forever do it that way.
>>
>>330336052
>All early access are the same.
>>
File: 1446236535634.png (272 KB, 443x391) Image search: [Google]
1446236535634.png
272 KB, 443x391
> Not autistic in the slightest
> Want to enjoy games like Minecraft and Factorio because I want to design and create shit like an engineer.
> Don't have the obsessiveness to tinker in these game worlds
> Too overwhelmed in real life from my actual engineering courses and all my social obligations.
> End up playing some fps or hack n slash instead

Sometimes I think autists have it good when it comes to games but not when it comes to anything else.
>>
Flavor of the month, It'll be like Towns and everyone will forget about it because it's mediocre
>>
Are the hive things the only enemies? They're pretty easy to ward off early on.
>>
>>330336265
>TFW can't make a mechanical system that paves over the world and expands outward infinitely, reading the land and allocating mine blueprints, oil rig blueprints, and generic blueprints automatically as your borders continue to widen, pushing back the alien scourge while you sit back and drink some sweet lemon tea.
>>
>>330337591
>Social obligations
If you started shunning those and inhibiting your social circles, you could have the best of just about everything else.
>TFW found a depressed NEET female and we click like crazy
>That's basically all the social interaction I need
Either way, best of luck to you, Normie Engineer Anon.
>>330340002
All hives are enemies and they get insanely aggressive as you advance.
>>
>>330332136
>Factorio is a boring piece of shit with no real sense of direction.
So is life.
>>
>>330340397
I just wondered if they did anything other then change the closest fence/turret and attack. Ones that fly, spit or tank.
>>
>>330340857
There are spitters and they ALL tank if your pollution goes over a certain level. The hives start producing not only more hives, but also medium and subsequently large versions of the basic and spitter minions and also bigger Worms. You'll know the suffering of big worms in mid-game when you start siegeing alien bases for your resources and space.
>>
I like the survival/defense aspect of it.
It's a stronghold building simulator for me.
>>
File: factorio mats.jpg (113 KB, 634x570) Image search: [Google]
factorio mats.jpg
113 KB, 634x570
The vanilla game is pretty babby tier.
It becomes really autistic with the full glory of bob's mods. Adds 12 more ores/minerals you have to mine, process, combine. And a bunch of other shit like elemental hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen and so on.
>>
>>330341687
>A second type of Science Lab
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>330341687
How long does it take to get to the end of bob's mods compared to vanilla?
>>
>>330340397
>depressed NEET female
She fat or trans?
>>
>>330342509
Fat nymphomaniac with a daddy complex, wants to be thin, but has no drive to do it.
>>
>>330340208
It's time to learn AI, Anon. you can make this happen.
>>
>>330342726
I forget, do we have proper terraforming tools so I can pave over lakes and make water sources wherever yet? Mods or not. Cause I could probably put *something* together if we got that.
>If Ore deposit, clear water, trees, and other debris
>If Oil deposit, clear water, trees, and other debris, add water deposit at location X, centered on the deposit
Etc.
>>
>>330342557
Anon you must not forget ancient wisdom of man
never stick your dick into crazy
>>
>>330343636
>Never stick your dick into crazy
>Never stick your dick into a woman
Synonyms and I'd prefer fucking crazy to gold digger+crazy any day.
>>
File: 1288655531866.jpg (34 KB, 250x298) Image search: [Google]
1288655531866.jpg
34 KB, 250x298
>>330332136
Because I become so engrossed in trying to build an efficient factory that I lose hours doing it while it only feels like 30 minutes, and I have fun doing it.
>>
Autism, I'm not even joking. I have autism and I love the game because it satisfies all my autistic gaming needs. Other autism games include Minecraft and Infinifactory.
>>
>>330345557
Do I have mild autism if I love these games, but only those that have combat in it? I can enjoy building the most complex systems if the end result is something dying.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.