[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this come to the PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: image1.jpg (747 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
747 KB, 1920x1200
>last JRPG I played was tales of symphonia ages ago, loved it
>always wanted to try a FF game, but didn't bother because of turn based combat
>hear about this new FF game, check it out, has everything I loved about tales of symphonia, looks amazing

Please tell me, will this game come to PC? I really really really want to play another JRPG again.
>>
>>330318536
Yes but sometime after the console release.
>>
>>330318607

Source? fps locked or no?
>>
Stop bein a beggar
>>
>>330318536

Of course it will, but not until a while after the console release.
>>
>>330318654
It hasn't been officially announced for a PC release yet, but what Tabata said back at Gamescom last year was that right now they are focused on finishing the console version first and that any possible PC release would only happen after the console version is done, so right now they have no PC version in the books and they will only start thinking about that properly after the console version is done.

He also in that same interview mentioned how FFXV on PC would be 60FPS and that you would need an expensive PC to run it, and then ended the interview saying that he was really interested in Steam.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/08/06/final-fantasy-xv-director-talks-frame-rate-on-ps4-and-xbix-one-pc-might-be-considered-after-launch/

>"Tabata-san also added that getting to sixty frames per second would be impossible on consoles. With a full open world game, with action-based combat, so many special effects and moving objects and characters, running at 1080p and 60 FPS would require a top PC."

>"At the moment the team is focusing on getting the final game out and tuning it for a TV screen in the living room. "
>"The team feels that people have been waiting for the game for a long time, so it’s important to release it as soon as possible."
>"That said, once the console version will be out, they will want to think about the next step, and they’ll consider a PC version too."
>"Tabata-san is also very interested in Steam, because it allows to reach a very different demographic from the one offered by consoles, so he’ll be looking at creating opportunities to use the platform in the future."
>>
goldface.png
>>
>>330318882

Very interesting, thanks.
>>
Not porting it to PC would be like flushing $200,000+ down the toilet. Only an idiort would do that.

What matters is weather or not it is going to be a good port, we know now it is going to be a console optimised port, weather square takes the time to optimise it for PC is the question.

I personally am going to play it first on PS4 like any normal person though. Screw waiting for it.
>>
It'll go something like this

>does well on consoles, pc port maybe a year later or so

>bombs on console, pc port way sooner
>>
>>330319232
Since FFXV is SE's first DX11 first game that would mean that the PC version would be the original master build rather than a port of the console version.
>>
>>330319345
>Final Fantasy
>bombing

kweh
>>
>>330319398
He's right though.
>>
>>330318536
>>
>>330320198
probably
>>
>>330319347
>He thinks it won't be a port
This is not how SE works.
Also denuvo.
>>
>>330320507
It is, Nomura and Tabata have both said FFXV is DX11 and being made on PC first, then ported to consoles, they only right now have no plans of releasing the PC version, but the game is still being made DX11 PC first then ported to other platforms.

Nomura also said in 2013 that FFXV if it were to be on PC would be the original master build and not a port.
>>
>>330320626
He's lying, just because he says that doesn't make it true
>>
>>330318882
>60FPS
>you would need an expensive PC
I don't even
>>
>>330318536
not anytime near FF7 shit
>>
File: obama.png (613 KB, 799x799) Image search: [Google]
obama.png
613 KB, 799x799
>>330320704
>He's lying
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 424x347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 424x347
I-I WILL MAKE A PETITION. JUST COME SIGN MY FELLOW MASTARD LACE
>>
>>330320820
Show me proof that its a PC build otherwise I'll just chalk it up to lies, he's lied before on record. FF type 0, remember?
>>
File: CV8YxVWWEAAlP5Q.jpg orig.jpg (133 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
CV8YxVWWEAAlP5Q.jpg orig.jpg
133 KB, 960x1280
>>330320887
Because we've seen them playing the PC build in pic related, because Tabata outright stated that the chocobo footage from TGS last year was from the PC build during the livestream, because the Luminous engine is DX11 based and both Nomura and Tabata have stated that FFXV is being made PC first, then ported to PS4 and Xbone, and that only right now they just have no plans to release the PC version, but as mentioned above they already said they would start considering that only after the console version is out.

>he's lied before on record
No he hasn't, he never lied about anything regarding Type-0.
>>
>>330321056

>No he hasn't, he never lied about anything regarding Type-0.

He has, he said it would remain exclusive to PlayStation and that it wouldn't get ported, then he ported the game to steam 2 months later. That's 2 lies about exclusivity.

That picture shows people using a dualshock 4, I am not convinced. The keyboard isn't even connected and there is no PC in that picture.
>>
>>330321056
Did you also happen to forget about the other things he said?

"Really?! Where did you hear this? If anything, it is a misunderstanding. There will be no PC port. We never planned for it. The game is originally developed on the PC first and what we said was how the pre-beta works very smoothly on the PC and now optimizations are being made (just like any beta testing would be like) for the consoles. Please do not misunderstand.

IF a PROPER PC version is to be made, then many changes have to be made and a lot of things have to be reconsidered before such a move can be made."
>>
File: COnBMJmVEAACmeN.jpg orig.jpg (935 KB, 3686x2764) Image search: [Google]
COnBMJmVEAACmeN.jpg orig.jpg
935 KB, 3686x2764
>>330321154
>He has
No he hasn't

>he said it would remain exclusive to PlayStation and that it wouldn't get ported,
No he didn't, Type-0 HD was never playstation exclusive to begin with because the day Type-0 HD was announced it was for PS4 and Xbone in June 2014 at E3.

In October 2014 they had PC build of Type-0 HD playable at PGW

In Feb 2015 Tabata said during an AMA they had not plans at that time for releasing a PC version of Type-0 HD, then Type-0 HD came out in March 2015 for PS4 and Xbone, then in May 2015 they announed a PC release for Type-0 HD, Type-0 HD was never exclusive to anything and it came out on PC AFTER the console release, which goes completely in line with Tabata saying in Feb 2015 that they had no plans AT THAT TIME for a PC release but obviously after the console version was out they then started making plans for the PC release.

>That picture shows people using a dualshock 4,
No that is a logitek controller and you can clearly fucking see the Windows task bar, not to mention, fucking again, Luminous engine is DX11 based, the game is being made PC first and both Nomura and Tabata have confirmed this on multiple occasions.

And again at TGS 6 months ago when talking about the Chocobo footage, he confirmed it was taken from a PC build of the game as opposed to the driving footage from PAX that was from the PS4 version of the game
https://youtu.be/YpnzfHBVJvo?t=40m39s

>The keyboard isn't even connected and there is no PC in that picture.
It's literally connected to the PC because that is them showing the game on a PC, hence the task bar on the screen, are you blind? What the fucks wrong with you? Do you even know anything about game development or DX11?
>>
>>330321216
Did you happen to completely not understand why he said that?

The person asked him if a PC release had been announced for FFXV and Tabata said that a PC release hasn't been announced yet, and that question itself was prompted by the development team saying in December that they could play the game from start to finish on the PC build of the game and that they are now going to start polishing it for the console version

That is why he was asked about a PC version and all he said was that a PC release has not been announced yet and that he was clearing up a misunderstanding, not that there would not be a PC release

That quote also literally has him saying that FFXV is PC first, can you not fucking read? Do you even know what you are trying to say?
>>
>>330321605
Fair enough but the game should not be ported to PC
>>
File: 1416271934629.jpg (80 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1416271934629.jpg
80 KB, 500x499
>>330321749
Because....?
>>
>>330321820
it wont feel right
>>
File: 1232291401106.gif (902 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1232291401106.gif
902 KB, 200x150
>>330321872
Because holding a controller in front of a screen to control your character as opposed to holding a controller in front of a screen to control your character wont feel right?

What exactly are you talking about? What wont feel right?
>>
>>330321872
That would be a business decision.

Also 2016, still being slave to companies.
>>
>>330321872

Fuck your feelings fagboy, I don't have a console, I'll wait till they release it for PC.
>>
>>330321990
>>330322021
>>330322025
"it wont feel right" is a meme.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.