[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit, Frozen Synapse is getting an open world sequel!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: click.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
click.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Holy shit, Frozen Synapse is getting an open world sequel!

http://www.frozensynapse2.com/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLwPMFrAbP0&feature=youtu.be&t=1h23s
>>
>>330311187
Looking forward to more nervous_testpilot music.
>>
Wow.. The first game I'm legitimately hyped for in forever, and I know nothing about it but your post. I wish FS was more popular. It's the perfect strategy game for me.
>>
>Open world
How?
>>
I prefer the visuals in Prime. Also fantastic game.
>>
>open world

I wonder what this will actually add to it. Not much I can think of.
>>
>>330313327
At work so I can't hear the video, but it looks more like you select missions from a city map rather than walking your units around the city 5 seconds at a time.
>>
>>330313550
>You don't have a syndicate style or satellite reign setup in real time that goes turnbased when you get into combat

Awwwwww
>>
>>330313957
>satellite reign
I need to go back and finish that.
>>
>>330314532

I'll be honest I didn't really enjoy it a whole lot but at the same time I had never played Syndicate, I was kinda expecting what I just mentioned, a open(ish) world in real time then turn based combat but that's not what I got and I was kinda sad.
>>
>>330314682
Can I ask why you expected turn-based?

It doesn't play like Syndicate at all, I found it plays kind of how I remember Syndicate played (through the nostalgia goggles).
>>
Nice to see that Frozen Synapse is getting a sequel.
Things are looking good this year.
>>
>>330315004

It just seems so counter intuitive to control 4 characters, with skills and what not in real time combat like that I dunno I was kinda wanting turnbased.

I didn't dislike it I'm just happy I pirated it instead of jumping on the impulse buy I was initially thinking of also the final battle was complete bullshit for me.
>>
>>330315004
syndicate is actually pretty similiar with xcom. it has squad selection and research but the battle more into RTS style.
the problem with Sattelite is the open world, they should add intermission by going to base for prep and choose mission objective
>>
>>330315135
Fair enough. I bought it on a whim partially because I'm an Ausfag.

Also today I learnt that nervous_testpilot is actually a co-founder of Mode7. So more music from him is guaranteed.
>>
>>330315658
>the problem with Sattelite is the open world, they should add intermission by going to base for prep and choose mission objective
If they wanted to keep you in the city the whole time I felt that they needed to leverage the city more. You don't really interact with it much, which is a pity cause it's quite pretty.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.