[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the end, what was the best Clover game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: Three Leaf Clover.jpg (152 KB, 768x324) Image search: [Google]
Three Leaf Clover.jpg
152 KB, 768x324
In the end, what was the best Clover game?
>>
Okami was crap so that narrows it down
>>
The one not directed by Kamiya.
>>
>>330306408
Probably Viewtiful Joe

Okami is just too long and drags near the end, but ironically, its better than any Legend of Zelda in the past 15 years

God hand is mediocre, shit level design, shit camera, and 1 button auto-combos. But muh dogde-mechanic.
>>
Okami was amazing so that narrows it down.
>>
both VJ and god Hand are amazing (if way too hard on first playthrough)
never played Okami
>>
Okami was very decent in it's own right but not without flaws, preventing it from particularly standing out among the selection of games posted in the OP, so that doesn't narrow it down.
>>
i like okami the most but you could make an argument for all 3

rip clover
>>
>>330306408
I'm going with Godhand even though I think Okami is easily a 10/10 game
>>
Okami
>>
>>330306408
Mikami > Kamiya
>>
Viewtiful Joe, easily.
>>
>>330306408
Joe's the only one that rises above a 6/10, so, Joe I guess.
>>
ITT: people who never played God Hand shitting on it

God Hand is one of the best games of all time, so I'm going with that.
>>
>>330306408

I would say Okami. Frankly, I would probably call Okami one of the best games ever created. Top 10, easy. Only outstanding flaw is it's lack of difficulty.
>>
>>330311674
this
god hand > okami > VJ
okami had wayyy too much filler, VJ was okay but not my cup of tea
>>
Joe>Okami

Never played god hand

Okami would beat Joe if it was shorter
>>
>>330306726
>and 1 button auto-combos
That's because unlike most other shitty "cuhrayzee" style over substance games, God Hand is about actually threatening enemies and using every move at your disposal.
>>
>>330306408
It isn't even a question God Hand is the best Clover game and one of the most fun single player games ever made
>>
>>330306408

First Impressions/Presentation

VJ > Okami > God Hand

Overall

God Hand > VJ > Okami

Which would I rather replay again

God Hand >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Okami > VJ

Thanks 2007 /v/ for reccomending this game so many years ago. I still got my copy and the memory stick with 100% completion.
>>
>>330306408

>unironically not picking LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME OR DIE: THE GAME FIST OF THE NORTH STAR EDITION

Holy gods the game looks like ass but the fighting system is still to this day unlike anything in its' genre.
>>
>>330306726
>shit level design
why does god hand get criticized for this. At least it has level design. Other platinum games just spawn enemies around you and close off the area arbitrarily. There is no level design in most platinum games.

>shit camera
Nothing wrong with it

>1 button auto-combos
God hand is all about timing and watching your opponent. Nothing wrong with allowing special moves with special properties that don't necessary need to happen after a huge string of regular hits. Timing a crazy attack with a long windup perfectly right before the enemy attacks is pretty fucking unique and works best with the system.

>muh dogde-mechanic
having varied defense options is a huge asset to a game
>>
File: 1451765765397.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1451765765397.gif
3 MB, 480x270
God Hand is so fucking polished that I play it like every other week. It's my favorite game.

[Spoiler] But it's tied with W101 [/Spoiler]
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 429x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 429x343
>goat fighting system
>no healing between stages

why /v/?
>>
>>330306408
Okami > Viewtiful Joe > God Hand
I'd still kill for a competent sequel to any of them.
>>
I have dreams about God Hand 2 and Viewtiful Joe 3, I usually cry when I wake up
>>
File: Shiranui.jpg (465 KB, 1600x959) Image search: [Google]
Shiranui.jpg
465 KB, 1600x959
>>330306408
The three games are great but come on now.
>>
okami is definitely my favorite of the three, but fucking hell if it isn't hand-holdy. in the end the game was just too easy but i can forgive it since the rest was fucking amazing.
>>
Okami was my GOAT the year it came out until Dragon's Dogma. A fine game.
>>
>>330306492
>Shit taste

I just got done with Okami and loved it, the combat was kind of lack luster and not very difficult but exploring the world was fun. I don't see how you can hate the art style it was sex, the paint brush mechanic was fun as well.

I guess you prefer dark edgy games instead, faggot.
>>
>>330312656

Because it's abysmal and no one else is dumb enough to put tank controls in a beat em up.
>>
>>330315098
>I'm too much of a baby to appreciate any game without the camera on the right stick
>I don't understand position control
>>
I gotta put Okami at the top. It's got a shitton of stupid litle mythology references I loved to pick apart, and I loved that final boss fight. When "the sun rises" plays, it was like sex for my ears.
>>
>>330315261
Not him. Haven't play GH. Aside from tank controls being removed, wouldn't the game play the exact same?
>>
Love all of them equally.
Clover HD-collection when?
>>
>>330315467
It uses the right stick for dodging (there are 4 different ways to dodge) so it's the best option, since the D-pad is too far away

There is a radar system that allows you to keep track of the people outside the FOV. Technically the limited camera also adds to the difficulty, since you can't see the enemies wind up for an attack, which prompts the player to gain control of the area and keep everyone in his sight.
>>
>>330306408
God hand.
>>
>>330306408
im just happy a studio could be so consistent with quality
>>
File: 1447646336907.png (118 KB, 640x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447646336907.png
118 KB, 640x1200
viewtiful joe because okami transcended gamehood and god hand was kinda gimpy at times.
>>
>>330306408
Okami sucked, went on for fucking ever and was a victim of the open world meme. Fucking barren-ass wasteland of level design. There is NO GODDAMN REASON TO MAKE ANYONE SPEND 10 MINUTES TRAVERSING THE EMPTINESS GODDAMN PLAINS SINCE THE FUCKING SAHARA.

Godhand was good, but crowd-control is unfun as shit and Level 4/Die difficulty was just a chore.

So Viewtiful Joe.
>>
File: VST7 Freestyle - Mike Kob.dur.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
VST7 Freestyle - Mike Kob.dur.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>330318692
>crowd-control is unfun as shit
i actually agree, but i already can hear Mike Kob and his subscribers screaming you to git gud
>>
>>330318819
That webm is beautiful.
>>
>>330318819

Massive God Hand fan here, I'm sure even Mike thinks crowd control gets repetitive after a while. It's balanced but it sure isn't nearly as free as it is on Levels 1-3 or in 1v1 battles where the combat potential shines in a much more excessive light.
>>
>>330314257
;__;
>>
>>330306408

I love them all, but God Hand is a game I still play to this day
>>
>>330306408
god hand is literally the best game of the 6th gen
deadly premonition was the best game of 7th gen
>>
>>330319974

Is D4 the best game of the 8th gen?
>>
>>330319998
yes
>>
GH is the only one I played till the end and still play.
>>
>>330319998
What is D4?
>>
>>330320296

You suck my battleship.
>>
>>330306726
>Okami is just too long
Hundreds of thousands of people wish it was longer and had more sequels, you just have shit taste.
>>
Okami
>>
>>330306408
They are all perfect in their respective genre.
Don't compare them.
>>
I still have to play Okami, so for now God Hand.
>>
>>330323603
What you need to do is go back in time and play it while you're prepubescent so your dumbass mind is lulled into a trance, thinking it's good.

Although I say that. I gave it to my younger siblings, and they got fucking bored.
>>
>>330306408
god damn I can't choose, I haven't played god hand that well, so that one I'll say isn't the best so far, but joe or okami.... I'll go Okami.
>>
>>330312260
Why do people do this?

All I read there is

>opinion opinion opinion

why do you think anyone cares? If anyone replies, it's likely just to tell you "lol bro you mah nigga I share the same opinions with you" or "you're a faggot with shit taste because your taste is different than mine".
Literally there's nothing else to reply to empty posts like these. Nobody cares in reality. Except me who took 2 minutes of my life to reply.

But really, it's something that always bugged me and needed to get it out of my chest. Sorry that it had to be you, you're not the only one who does it.
>>
>>330306408
Okami, I'd say. It's an all around really well made game and its only real flaw is being too easy. People going
>it's too long
are clearly plebs who can't appreciate the top tier environments and music and get bored instead.
God Hand has a 10/10 combat system, arguably the best ever made, but as a game it's much more limited in scope and not as well rounded.
VJ was just ok.
>>
>>330323686
ebin
>>
OP is asking us to pick among the best 2D BMU, best Zelda, and best 3D BMU
>>
Metal Gear Rising
>>
>>330327619
Nah, easily Platinum's most overrated title, still fun though
>>
>>330306408
none of these
>>
>>330320539
I love Okami and I definitely don't want it to be longer than it was, but I'd sell most of my games for a proper sequel.
>>
Viewtiful Joe
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.