[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm playing FFX Remastered and what I'm supposed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
I'm playing FFX Remastered and what I'm supposed to do with this guy?

I know he's supposed to be a blue Mage + custom character. I'm using the normal sphere grid and I just reached the part where it branches out into Yuna, Wakka, Lulu and (supposedly Rikku, she's not in my party but I can see the Steal ability)

I thought about taking him into Wakka's path cause he seems like a fighter, is there a better build or some gimmick I'm missing?
>>
Nah, he's worthless
>>
>>330276657
Take him to Auron's to Tidus's sphere instead, he's a great physical.
>>
>>330276657
He's literally good anywhere but I like making him a Lulu clone for tribal flavor but Wakka is a solid choice too for the status effects and his grids proximity to the Auron grid late game.
>>
He's pretty useless since he's always weaker than the character he's trying to copy.
>>
File: Kimahri try too.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kimahri try too.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>330276657
Make Yuna your Black Mage, and make Kimahri your white. Disregard Lulu.

Alternatively, take him on Tidus path, 2x Quick Hit makes a good portion of the game a cake walk. Plus, first turn Hastaga and Slowga combo.
>>
>>330276657
take him to yuna, because there will be some points when she'll be out of your party, then go auron/tidus
>>
I don't actually recall if he's ever good. I can't think of any good abilities he gets from enemies and he's a weaker double up of any other character.

Story path is balanced enough to only need one of each class. All bosses and enemies can be handled with what you get in the other characters. End game has three characters worth bothering with due to stats + limits.
>>
Also, I'm looking up some stuff and a lot of people recommend getting Steal and Use from Rikku? Why is that?

>>330276762
Seems like a good standard choice

>>330276916
>Kimahri x Lulu

Now I gotta wank to some Legoman Lulu, thanks

>>330276994
I don't want him to be broken, just useable
>>
Take him to one of the sphere grids and get Use And steal, then go down to Yunas grid. Then you can get holy before she does. Then take him to Wakka's path for them strength

Just don't neglect him. You'll regret it
>>
>>330277316
Earlier Steal and use? Takes a while to get Rikku.
>>
>>330277316
steal and use helps out when grinding for materials and shit, other than that Kimahri isn't really a good character to have, in the endgame you'll end up sticking with Rikku/Wakka/Tidus with Auron and perhaps Yuna as backup
>>
>>330277215
>disregard Lulu

But she's best girl

Though giving Yuna some offensive options seems good, leveling her is a pain since healing is hardly necessary in normal battles, I end up switching to her randomly to give her some exp

Getting a second haste seems nice, though. I got Tidus' and it made the last two boss fights (chocobo Eater and that thing with the shield arms) very easy
>>
File: 1454311976070.png (172 KB, 462x437) Image search: [Google]
1454311976070.png
172 KB, 462x437
>>330277215
>disregarding a character that can get Ultima for 1 MP earliest in the game and kill everything easily before postgame

wew lad

I never play anything after the main story because the game is shit anyway but she's like your best character gameplay wise and also story wise
>>
>>330278104
Lulu is shit, kill yourself.
>>
>>330278104
it's well established that Lulu is worthless aside from Magic specific fights, which you can replace with Use items
>>
File: 1451677179962.gif (2 MB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
1451677179962.gif
2 MB, 300x240
>>330278104
>Worst overdrive and worst celestial weapon challenge

Sorry anon, Lulu a shit.
>>
>>330276657
Make him a thief/white mage combo so he'll at least always have something to do.
>>
>>330276657
In the end, especially with the expert sphere grid, the only thing that matters at all is Overdrives.

And unfortunately Kimahri has the worst ones next to Aurons. White Wind and Mighty Guard are the only ones that are barely passable.
The HD version didnt even fix the bug in his Thrust Kick where it doesnt eject.
>>
>>330277712
Best girl, sure, but lacks magic pwr of Yuna, even capped. Yuna is 1 stop shop for magic.
>>
>>330277612
Does Wakka get better? Right now he's useful (hitting fliers and blinding) but that's about it
>>
>>330279150
Wakka becomes the most broken character with his overdrive. I can't recall what it was called, either Attack Reels or Auroch Reels
>>
>>330276657
>what I'm supposed to do with this guy?

get him good enough that you can get past his solo boss fight later in the game, but other than that, nothing. he's useless.

you can basically make him into a clone of whatever character you want though.
>>
>>330279150
he gets pretty good later in the game.
>>
>>330279150
in regular game he's okay, his buffs are decent but he becomes essential in endgame against Dark Aeons and Monster Arena. in my opinion Auron is great in regular game but he loses his effectiveness in endgame, so don't worry too much about Wakka in the meantime
>>
>>330279713
what about with ESG
>>
Another possibly dumb question:

There isn't a level cap, right? So I can potentially, with a lot of grind, fill all the grid eventually, right?

During the normal game it's a matter of planning ahead and not backtracking much, I guess
>>
The game is piss easy (even for a FF game) so it doesn't really matter who you use.
>>
>>330279992
no level cap unless you count covering the entire sphere grid.
>>
>>330280153
then 99 s.points after that
>>
>>330277215
>discard Lulu
I'll discard your opinion instead.
>>
>>330279778
eh, i'd say they're pretty much the same thing. Expert lets you have a bit more freedom with each character's paths, but when you tackle Dark Aeons/Monster Arena you're gonna be autistically maxing the sphere grid anyway.
>>
Rikku's path, you ding dong.

- Already has the starting Speed and Luck to be a Thief
- Has higher starting Attack and HP than Rikku and has piercing weapons
- You get a Thief that doesn't need help in combat, plus another one
- Two Thieves, son
- TWO FUCKING THIEVES
- Steal from two niggas at once
- Steal from one nigga twice
- Even if you don't want to use him ever again, he at least has the Use ability for his mandatory fights.

Auron/Wakka is also good. Tidus is below the usefulness line. DO NOT take him down Yuna or Lulu's path, his Magic stats are S H I T.
>>
>>330280153
So after I activate the entire grid, I have 99 more moves to fill random nodes using those blue spheres?
>>
>>330280364
if you wanna platinum you're gonna have to fill the empty nodes with strength/magic/etc spheres, and it'll be easier to move around with 99max levels, which you can get easily with the Tonberry AP trick
>>
>>330276657
rikku to lulu to yuna
>>
>>330280501
So it's something I can't fuck up, right? Or is it "missable"?
>>
File: 1415858645341.jpg (86 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1415858645341.jpg
86 KB, 612x612
>>330280248
You're waifu a shit, anon. The sooner you acknowledge it, the sooner you can get over it.
>>
>>330280775
nah, it's not missable. but to tackle the Dark Aeons/Monster Arena you're gonna have to choose on specific builds (filling mostly strength/magic, etc, i don't recall the specifics). if you want the absolute best stats, prepare for ulillillia-tier autism grinding, but it's not necessary to beat the extra bosses.
>>
>>330278420
>worst celestial weapon challenge
That's Wakka. As shitty as dodging 200 Lightning bolts was, it was better than fucking blitzball.
>>
Rikku is so broken in endgame it isn't even funny

>four 9s every battle
>>
>>330281030
you can exploit the lightning bolts too and get it over with in an hour or so, blitzball requires a minimum of 22-23 games of mind numbness over 3-4 hours if you're lucky
>>
File: Mareg_1.jpg (70 KB, 500x790) Image search: [Google]
Mareg_1.jpg
70 KB, 500x790
What do you do with Kimahri? Throw him in the back of your party and never use him. He's only good for wasting space.

Posting REAL beastman.
>>
File: 1208449022446.gif (13 KB, 148x400) Image search: [Google]
1208449022446.gif
13 KB, 148x400
>>330281523
Don't forget superior robot waifu to that crap from persona
>>
>>330281398
You can exploit the tournament prizes by saving before the final of a tournament and reset if the next one doesn't have a specific one you are after. It's also far more forgiving and doesn't need to be done in one sitting.
>>
run him through Rikku's grid just to make stealing easier with 2 people
>>
>>330281523
Coincidentally, I finished Grandia 2 before starting FFX

Mareg was great, pumping him full of VIT skills and then giving him that accessory that blocked any damage under 200 and the provoke skill was fun

Tio was funny too, turned her into a dodge tank later on

Actually I started Bravely Default before FFX but got bored as shit
>>
>>330281657
>Aigis is crap

Nice bait senpai
>>
>>330282505
>bland shit character is crap
No bait here kouhai, just facts. Sorry you like a shit game
>>
You don't even need him and late game when younhave sphere grid max and the celestial weapons he is shit anyway.

Not worth the time early game when he is only used for like one occasion.
>>
>>330276657
I just recently beat FFX and Kimhari was my strongest character. I had him go through Tidus', Auron's, and Wakka's areas. Get him the Spirit Lance ASAP and he'll fly through the sphere grid without any issues.
>>
File: 1289064461051.jpg (42 KB, 298x292) Image search: [Google]
1289064461051.jpg
42 KB, 298x292
>>330277215
>disregard titties
>>
>>330281398
>you can exploit the lightning bolts too
tell me more...
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.