[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
StarSector Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: screenshot025.png (903 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot025.png
903 KB, 1920x1080
Time for your Daily Dose, /v/.

Some quick protips:

-If your game is lagging after installing shaderlib and SS+ you most likely have less than 4GB of RAM. You need to edit some shaderlib settings. Check the main forum and the Shaderlib thread.

-If you are getting Null errors when saving and losing save progress, you are not running 64 bit Java. SS+ and most mods will require to run 64 bit Java 8 JRE to let Java use up to 4GB of RAM. Once again, check the SS+ thread on the main forum.

Daily reminder you can drag and drop multiple items by holding shift.

Hold shift to speed up travelling time.

PROTIP: To avoid getting caught in Deep Hyperspace, travel through the dark clouds and avoid bright clouds. Bright Clouds mean a storm is about to occur, dark clouds mean it's safe.
>>
I'm gonna get deep into your hyperspace you galactic faggot
>>
Still waiting on Tiandong and maybe Mayorate to update.
>>
>buy NGO cruiser
>run simulation
>game crashes
>buy NGO capital
>run simulation
>game crashes

FFS
>>
What's a good alternative to the Wolf in SS+? The way the ships are set up, the graviton beam barely does any flux damage on ships any bigger than a frigate. A lot of time it cause more flux on me than on the enemy.
>>
>>330259637
Humm, a couple of small corrections:

Lag after installing ShaderLib and SS+ has nothing to do with RAM. You may suffer a performance impact in campaign due to the higher number of fleets. If you are experiencing lag in combat then indeed you may need to tweak the shaderSettings.json in shaderlib (or simply install the CrapTop options), and check the performanceSettings.json in SS+. If you are experiencing graphical glitches with ShaderLib on a laptop, check if the games run on your GPU and not on an integrated chipset.

Also no mod "require" java 64bits, but running a lot of different mods will eat up a lot of RAM. 3-4 factions plus SS+ plus ShaderLib plus Nexerelin can run with the default java. To run with more factions or a large procedural Nexerelin sector then you will require Java 64bits to avoid a Out Of Memory error. Note that increasing the memory too much will have a large impact on the performance. 4GB is enough in most scenarios and you certainly don't need to go further than 6GB.

PROTIP: You can pan the intel map with right-click to see those fringe systems now.
>>
>>330262439
Swap the grav beam for a phase lance or a pulse laser.
>>
Quoting the developer:

"The main issue here are, I think, the "timid" enemy captains that do this and refuse to engage at all, which are removed from AI fleets in the next patch. I completely agree that that's frustrating to run into now. "
>>
I have a pretty bitching fleet now. What am I supposed to do with it? Can my faction conquer territories or something? What are some long term goals after getting the fleet you desire?
>>
Still waiting for a 0.72a RC3 key
>>
>>330265148
>Can my faction conquer territories or something?
You can take planets/stations that have markets if you have Nexerelin.

I usually go fuck up whatever faction I dislike and take their markets as soon as I have a decently sized fleet and a few hundred marines.
>>
>>330265148
Vanilla? Not much once you can just take on the biggest baddest faction fleets. Obviously that will be changed later in the developement, but in the meantime the Nexerelin mod allows you to capture planets and wipe out factions.
>>
>>330265397
But doesnt the market change items and stuff?

Like you invade a tri-jew station as hegmony and suddenly they start selling ballistics instead of energy weapons.
>>
>>330265397
>>330265412
Thanks. I'll get this Nexeerelin then.
>>
>>330262663

>Some corrections

>You're right but you're wrong, it's good to follow your advice but it needs corrections

W-What?
>>
>>330265642
Yep, so if you're with Hegemony you'll turn a Tri-Tachyon market from selling Paragons to Onslaughts. If you play as your own faction (Followers, by default) it'll be mixed unless you change it in some config files.

Big reason why Prism Freeport is so nice to have, the huge mark up in price is worth being able to find ships that are no longer available. Like if Tri-Tachyons get driven out of the sector having no bases, you can at least find their tech at Freeport.
>>
>>330265896
What what?
You don't need java 64 if you are lagging, and you don't necessarily have to install it if you only want to play a few mods. I think that's a fairly important distinction from you-need-java-64bits-for-anything-and-everything-is-fixed-by-java-64bits. We already keep getting disgruntled players saying "I installed Java64, why is this not working now?" or "If I have to install this to play mods this game is garbage!".
>>
>>330265235
With how these threads are struggling to stay alive, I don't know if you'll get it anon.
>>
File: screenshot127.png (494 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot127.png
494 KB, 1920x1080
post DAKKA loadouts
>>
File: 1453002067241.jpg (223 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1453002067241.jpg
223 KB, 900x675
>play a good amount of vanilla
>install every single mod i can find
>my sectors face when
>>
>>330259637
>>330259637

Did Apro update his shit yet? Damnit.
>>
>>330264109
I got to say this guy seems pretty competent and seems to actually play the game he made and is willing to admit mistakes or problems with the game. And every patch seems to be in the right direction.

Also, where in the hell can I get laser weapons in vanilla. I've got a bunch of wolfs from the black market but no weapons anywhere unless I join up with tri-tachyon. And I don't feel to keen on attacking their fleets when I'm trying to max relations with all factions but pirates. Anyone know a reliable place to get them? And how is SS+? What factions are worth adding?
>>
File: 1373921367122.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1373921367122.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
Diable Avionics and Pirate relations are really autism. Trying to do trading between Diable homeplanet and their station in hyperspace. Every fucking time near the jump gate in hyperspace there spawns pirate fleet that demands I hand over that shipment I'm delivering for that mission.

If I somehow manage to use burn and get to station before them, they still intercept me, get mad when I don't have goods and still attack me. And heres the best part. Because Diable somehow is being buddies with these fucks, eventhough I'm allied with them, if I ever attack pirate fleet, be it just defending, Diable gets mad at me I get almost 20 attitude drop and that alone would prevent me from getting their cap ships.

JUST
>>
>>330271351
Nope. I don't know if the chink said when he's updating it either. Version Checker is a handy mod to have.
>>
>>330264109
>frustrating
Well tough luck, this timid guy doesn't fucking want to engage. Chase him if you can or let him go. I don't see a problem here, surely this isn't a reason enough to cut a realistic feature out.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.