[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought this game would be fun like dmc, but every fight has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Bayonetta_box_artwork.png (149 KB, 250x283) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta_box_artwork.png
149 KB, 250x283
I thought this game would be fun like dmc, but every fight has been just
>wait
>dodge
>hit in witch time
>QTE
for the most part. It's not terrible but I don't see how people could say it's as good as or better than dmc.
>>
Oh the Jeanne fights have been good though
>>
>>330246787
unlock the climax difficulty then, no witch time there
>>
>>330246787
If you're literally waiting to dodge for Witch Time, that's probably part of your problem. Mess with combos, get and try out new weapons, figure out a fun playstyle and go to town.

Then beat it and move on to Bayonetta 2 if possible, because gameplay-wise it's better in every way. Smoother combat, much clearer enemy attack tells, levels are exploration rather than awkward platforming, and no penalties for using items.
>>
>>330246787
>>wait
Your first mistake.
And that shit won't fly on the higher difficulties at all.

But on the whole I prefer DMC slightly more, even though both franchises are great.
>>
hold the button during the combo and wait for those last second dodges.
>>
>>330246787
I can't wait for you to get to the golden enemies.
Specifically Gracious and Glorious.
>>
>>330246787
Lrn2 dodge offset
>>
This sounds like the same problem people have with Batman. It's as difficult/fun as you make it. Challenge yourself.
>>
>>330246787
>>wait
top pleb
>>
>>330246787
You shouldn't rely on witch time. Witch time is a crutch.
>>
>>330246787
Why are you waiting for witch time to hit?
>>
>>330246787
Well... I kinda agree but I've always been a DMC1 fan more than the all action ones like 3 & 4. I was in to it because of the action AND the RE atmosphere. That game had the perfect mix of both and I was hopping to find something like it in Bayonetta but alas, it was not what I'd hoped for.

In all fairness, though, Bayonetta is still a kick ass action game and while the tone, which IS important, isn't like the DMC games, there is nothing those that can't do in Bayonetta but there are more than a few things you can do in Bayonetta that you can't in a DMC game, so variety is queen.
>>
>waiting
Learn to dodge offset you fucking mong
>>
>>330246787
this is completely your fault
stop waiting and be aggressive
>>
Bayo 2 > DMC3 > DMC 4 > Bayo 1 > Ninja Gaiden Black > The rest
>>
>>330246787
>dodging
>not countering
Scrubland called, they want their president back
>>
>waiting to be attacked instead of dodging while fighting enemies

Maybe if you stopped playing like an utter bitch the game would be fun.
>>
>you have to play it in a certain way in order to have fun OP

sounds like a bad game
>>
You've probably got stone on every mission so far. You probably don't play DMC right either
>>
In higher dificulties witch time is harder to trigger some enemies even if you perfect dodge wont trigger witch time.
>>
>>330254539
What a day!
>>
>>330254631
Infinite Climax difficulty in Bayo 1 completely disables normal witch time activation.
>>
>>330253530
The fact that you actually think Bayo 2 is good is telling of how shit your taste is.
>>
>>330256340
He's obviously a Smash Bros faggot trying to fit in
>>
>>330246787
>wait
>actually using excecutions instead of saving your magic for literally anything else
>>
>played through on Normal and got Stones like a motherfucker a while ago
>started playing again yesterday
>decide to go Hard because thats a good idea
>get fucked raw by pretty much everything

Admittedly I should have eased myself back into it, but at the same time I never really got the hang of Dodge Offset on Normal and now I'm actually managing to do it on a semi consistent basis because I cant pull decent damage otherwise. Fuck whoever was in charge of enemy placement for Route 666 on Hard though, fucking 3 Gracious and Glorious while getting roadkilled is stupid fucking shit.
>>
>>330256340
Not that guy, but I think Bayo 2 is pretty good, though. I don't have any really high-level experience however, but I think Bayonetta 1 and 2 are at least on par with DMC 3 and 4.

2 doesn't have nearly as much gimmicky minigame and QTE bullshit to fuck up your rank as 1 did, and the fighting feels smoother.

The major downside I keep hearing is that witch time is now required for certain fights so you can't do like the first game and completely remove it. But there are accessories that do remove witch time so I'm not so sure.

Also Umbran Climax seems like kind of an easymode button.
>>
>>330246787
>play on PS3
>framerates so low I can witch time perfect dodge on infinite climax

good thing this game isn't delta timed
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.