[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help /v/ is my 3DS stolen??? Bought this 3DS from Target last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: pokemon-3ds-800x420[1].jpg (91 KB, 800x420) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-3ds-800x420[1].jpg
91 KB, 800x420
help /v/ is my 3DS stolen???

Bought this 3DS from Target last night. Turned it on today and it has someone's ID already on it and a fuck-ton of games to download.

Is there anyway to lookup the ID and see if they got it stolen or some shit?
>>
>>330240098
Don't worry about it nerd, it's not an Apple device where people care to track it and get it back.
>>
It was probably just used anon.
>>
it's probably just someone that bought it, transferred their old profile, and then returned it since they didn't want it without remembering they transferred.
>>
>>330240468
>>330240571

That's what the optimist in me wants to believe. But fuck, there's like, $300+ worth of games they left on here that I can download. You don't just forget about that when you trade it in
>>
>>330240695

if you're really that concerned just take it back to the store and explain the situation

if they refuse a return/replacement then, far as I know, it's on them if it turns out it was stolen.
>>
>>330240420
So there's no way for them to track it down? How about remove the ID remotely or something?
>>
>>330240098
its probably a used 3ds that they forgot to memory wipe and just sticker it as new since it was in good condition

People do this shit all the time. I can't tell you how many "new" games I bought from amazon only to find they just resealed the game box and me having to bitch at amazon for a discount
>>
it might have been a kid's or teens collection of games, and their parent brought it back.

someone most likely brought it back for the money, against that other person's wishes. either that or the person had another one, and just brought this one back.

either way, if you're uncomfortable, do what other people are saying and bring it back, ask for a new one because you think this one was stolen.
>>
>>330242418
also, you're obviously buying this brand new and it's not new at all. show them the proof and you'll get a new one.
>>
>>330242504
>>330242418
let's say anon keeps it and uses it as-is

will he be cursed? like voodoo curse? or is he safe?
>>
Is your average consumer really this pussy whipped?

For fucks sake just enjoy your free games OP
>>
>>330240098
No there's no way to look up if a device was stolen

>>330241153
Yes they can unlink their account from the 3DS remotely if hey call the support line, I've done so recently
>>
Check the SD card and tell me if there's something like "boot.3dsx" or "arm9loaderhax.bin" on the root of it. If it's got like $300 worth of games downloaded already I'm willing to bet it's got CFW.
>>
>>330241620
This

I've gone to best buy to get an item and the CD looked like it was shoved back in there very sloppy like which was pretty obvious it was used

Even gamestop does this

This is why I give no fucks when I steal from big companies they are greedy as fuck.
>>
>>330244216
To clarify, it was 300 bucks of games already paid for on his account that I could download
>>
>>330241620
>I can't tell you how many "new" games I bought from amazon only to find they just resealed the game box and me having to bitch at amazon for a discount

It's definitely at least part of the reason I almost always buy used. I mean it's not gonna be a new copy anyway you know, may as well save a few bucks.
>>
>>330240695
Nothing you can do at this point except for taking it and back and just losing all those games. If someone stole it and then went to sell it at target the best they could do is contact that person and say the 3DS had stuff on it. That person being the thief and the one who sold someone's 3DS obviously won't give a fuck.

Chances are the person just updated to N3DS. So don't sweet it OP. If it was stolen it's not your problem and nothing you can do will fix it. Keep your free games or trash them. Up to you.
>>
>>330244609
Oh, I see it. Might as well play the free games.
>>
File: 1457017102150.gif (88 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1457017102150.gif
88 KB, 256x192
No. The only way to get the NNID removed from a 3DS is with CFW, or you call Nintendo.
Fun fact: When you call Nintendo about a missing 3DS and you request it to get transfered, it only removes the link from the system it was on. Once you get the email saying it's okay to log in to the 3DS, it's basically open for anyone to log in to and it's not really tied to your new 3DS
>>
>>330240098
It was probably just returned
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 500x667
>>330240695
Coming from a guy who does in fact work at target, we check to see if it works and that's about it. Even if someone came in crying that it was stolen there's no way we'd just give it to the "rightful" owner over a sob story unless we had video evidence of it getting stolen in the store or something like that. Enjoy your games anon. Don't feel too bad about it.
>>
File: der jon.png (433 KB, 550x528) Image search: [Google]
der jon.png
433 KB, 550x528
>gets free games
>complains
>>
File: IMG-20160301-WA0001.jpg (33 KB, 600x764) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160301-WA0001.jpg
33 KB, 600x764
Pics or OP is a faggot as usual
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.