[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm excited for Dark Souls 3 but I have my doubts. Something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
I'm excited for Dark Souls 3 but I have my doubts. Something that concerns me is the way this game looks. The graphics aren't bad but the colors are so dull. Everything is gray and has chromatic aberration. Even more so than Bloodborne, but at least it made sense in that game, given the nature of the story and universe.

I'll get this game but I have some reservations. I know there's a lot of the game that's not been shown but everything that has is kinda dull. I'm not excited about this like I have been with the other Souls releases. Thoughts?
>>
>>330226986
There's no chromatic aberration. Do you even know what that is?
The greyish tones are because of the ashes theme.
>>
>>330227070

My mistake. I was talking about bloom. It still looks washed out and dull. The areas that've been shown don't have much about them that are interesting. Everything feels way too straight forward.
>>
>>330226986
>and has chromatic aberration
Shitpost confirmed
>>
>>330227471

Already corrected myself when I was called out plus I said I was getting it anyway.
>>
File: dark_souls_3_32.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3_32.jpg
265 KB, 1920x1080
>>330227381
I like it. Lots of Demon's Souls vibes
>>
I don't even care about it
PLEASE just give me something good in this CURRENT YEAR
>>
File: M12TeSh.jpg (182 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
M12TeSh.jpg
182 KB, 1280x720
>>330226986

Japan has it already
>>
>>330226986
>caring about the graphics in a souls game

wew
>>
>>330228212

I said the graphics aren't bad but the colors are dull. It just doesn't seem like that interesting of a world. At least what's been shown.
>>
>>330227972
Are there streams on some obscure site
>>
after the shit heap that was dark souls 2 you have every right to be sceptical
>>
>>330226986
I bet the game s 30fps.
>>
It's less colorful than das1 or 2 for sure, but that doesn't really matter in this case because world in souls games is "told" through different things than color usually, it's sound and animations and subtle special effects. It actually looks a lot like des. Maybe even bloodborne, I haven't played this one but judging by videos it's pretty "monochrome" and dark too but still manages to be really beautiful sometimes. Graphics or design aren't gonna be a problem I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>330229120
>le Dark Souls 2 is bad meme

Give it a rest.
>>
ITS ASH BRO

ITS MEANT TO BE GREY XD

HERE ARE SOME BULLSHOTS TO PROVE YOU WRONG FUCBOI
LMAO
>>
There are areas with color but you're right, most of the areas shown are bleak.
>>
Art direction is a good thing; much better and a more prominent decision than
>muh graffix, muh 1080, muh 60
Ever will be. I'm liking the gray tones because of the implication of it. Ashes, the fire is going out, the age of man is over, etc.
However, it is understandable that someone wouldn't like all the dull colors because... Well... They're dull. But regardless, it's still your opinion.
>>
>>330229195
It is, it was announced ages ago that it will be locked to 30fps on all platforms.
Soulsfags just never mention it because it would mean admitting that their one and only god Miyazaki is actually pushing for the cinematic 30fps bullshit
>>
I actually like the grey/edgy coloration of the world. Haven't played bloodborne but I think I'd enjoy its artstyle as well.
I don't see why darksouls should be colorful.
>>
>>330228212
Graphics =/= Art style you mong.
>>
File: 1332844519624.png (109 KB, 405x475) Image search: [Google]
1332844519624.png
109 KB, 405x475
>>330229710
Aww fuck, I don't think I can go back 30 after silky smooth 60.
>>
>literally Bloodborne + Knights

gay
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
Game is still good enough to watch DSP play it. I'm pretty sure they haven't fixed much and still the same bullshit in the game like previous ones and will make DSP rage, yeeeees.
>>
>>330229460
>muh 1080, muh 60
Thats pretty much standard on PC nowadays, I don't get why you even mention it.
>>
>>330230128
Because the 'standard on PC' is just a reason to bitch about consoles.
>Does it play well?
>Does it look good?
The 1080/60 thing isn't as important as it's touted to be.
Before you start assuming, yes I do play PC. Yes, I do enjoy 60 fps; 30 is just as enjoyable. No, I've never seen a difference between 1080 vs 900, not that I ever looked for one anyways
>>
File: future consoles.jpg (7 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
future consoles.jpg
7 KB, 300x300
>>330230541
I don't really expect consoles to hold up with current PC hardware, is just silly and the ones that actually try to do it are game developers themselves by going down in FPS to have more bling bling for they eyes because it sells well for peasants.
>>
>>330229875
The pc version is going to get modded day one anyway
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.