[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Happy 6th birthday to this shitty game. I still remember the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (875 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
875 KB, 1920x1080
Happy 6th birthday to this shitty game. I still remember the day I bought this and the weeks following that I had to pretend like it wasn't a huge disappointment. If we can all agree on one thing it had a dope ass OST. Posting best girl

http://youtu.be/k4CM848e48A
>>
X was worse.
>>
With every FF released, the games keep getting worse. Not sure why that happens.

Most FF have memorable characters but XIII was just so soulless & forgettable, only thing that saved them was their pretty faces.

Was so fucking pissed off when I read somewhere that they had trouble deciding to turn it to an fps or an rpg, to cater to western audiences.

FFXV looks like it has lots of potential.
>>
>>330219637
Every FF game after X was a massive improvement by comparison, though.
>>
Posting best boss theme of the entire series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5EH1KsoCE4
>>
File: 1442896170197.png (84 KB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
1442896170197.png
84 KB, 4000x4000
>>330219517
>this guy again
>>
>>330219637
Japan really thinks all we play is fps don't they
>>
>>330219819
This was better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgE0VHiYV6Q
>>
File: ff13.jpg (94 KB, 793x381) Image search: [Google]
ff13.jpg
94 KB, 793x381
Can't believe I bought a PS3 for this piece of shit. Easily the worst mainline game, even behind FF1 and 2.

The console was still worth the buy though.[/spoiler[
>>
This game was the point when I gave up on FF. I never finished it. I don't know if I got too old to enjoy the bottom-of-the-barrel animu garbage this game represented or if it was really just that bad.
>>
>>330220009
>Easily the worst mainline game

No, that's FFX, retard.
>>
>>330220009
I never even played the sequels. Everyone says 13-2 is great but I played 3 hours into and simply wasn't having fun
>>
>>330219943
>all we play is fps
Since 2007, the budget of the standard western gamer has been directed more and more at western games, at a loss for the Japs, for reasons well known to /v/irgins. They just want the CoD audience, and that's understandable from a business standpoint.
>>
I enjoyed it more than any FF game since 6. Maybe since 5.
>>
>>330220262
Why?
>>
Happy birthday GOTY 2010
>>
>>330220262
How does one make it through life being this retarded?
>>
File: 1390452614566.jpg (2 MB, 1625x1625) Image search: [Google]
1390452614566.jpg
2 MB, 1625x1625
I enjoyed the heck out of xiii. i think it helped that i had a lot of time on my hands for it, really light class schedule when it came out. also the ost helped me get over the death of a friend a couple weeks after release /blog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4CM848e48A&index=2&list=PL7C498688F14F6A0D
>>
>>330220128

FFX is one of my favorites.I respect your opinion though.

>>330220135
It fixes some of the gameplay issues in FF13 by allowing more room for customization and reducing the linearity FF13 suffers from. I wouldn't say it's great but it's definitely a step above FF13.
>>
>>330220335
I dunno, I guess just because it shook things up a lot and did a lot of new things with the JRPG genre which has been kind of stagnating for a long time. The battle system was a lot of fun and I even liked the linear corridor shit, honestly. It seemed like they were trying to make some weird JRPG version of a modern FPS or something. It would have worked a lot better if they'd just opened up the battle system completely early on and had the main game be <20 hours or so. I wish it would have gone over well, it could have started a subgenre of games evolving on the systems instead of the same old shit we've been getting forever.

But at the same time I also get why everyone hated it.
>>
>>330220396
7 is just 6 with 2deep4u story and a grimdark mcedgy villain, 8 is complete trash, 9 was a slow as fuck nostalgia cashgrab that didn't even really resemble the games it was trying to create nostalgia for that much, 10 was the same shit as 13 only with shitty characters and a less interesting battle system, and 12 was MMO bullshit. I don't see what the big problem is.
>>
>>330220397
This song is so fucking spectacular
It's even better than to Zanarkand
>>
>>330220445
And I can't respect your opinions because you're an obvious nostalgiafag.
>>
>>330220781
Honestly the sequel improved on the combat so much that I considered it a good game, up until the ending. The monster training and the on the fly switching worked really well, as did having the same two characters in the party instead of what most of the first game did. The story was a bit of a clusterfuck and all over the place, but I liked it. The time travel was interesting and unique while still playing like a classic JRPG with plenty of exploration.

But that fucking ending and the DLC bullshit ruined it for me. Does the PC version have all the DLC? If so I might give it a {spoiler]pirate[/spoiler]
>>
>>330220932
xiii's soundtrack usually gets shit on with the rest of the game and thats a fucking shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjrWjptj9Xc&list=PL7C498688F14F6A0D&index=32
>>
I want to marry Lightning!
>>
>>330220239
They'll never get the CoD audience, but they could easily grab casual or former weebs in addition to the core JRPG audience if they stopped making stupid decisions.
>>
>>330221090
>xiii's soundtrack usually gets shit on with the rest of the game
That's bullshit
It's general consensus that even though the game's trash, soundtrack is godlike
>>
>>330221090
Yeah the soundtrack is probably the best part of the game for me. That was my favorite area theme. I wish Hamauzu would score more games.
>>
>>330221090
Can't bother remembering the music when you're near comatose from the gameplay.
>>
>>330219312
>shitty game
Eat a dick.
>>
I loved this game. Spent over 200 hours on it. I remember playing it while my ex applied to colleges
Fuck looking back at it I'm a retard
>>
>>330221279
Hamauzu needs to collaborate though
XIII-2 snd LR have better OSTs than XIII because Hamauzu is too in love with classy lounge music
I mean sure he does a fantastic job and having Serah's theme/The Promise in the clean white title screen makes you feel like you're playing a really high quality game, which this is but it's not suited to every moment in the game
>>
>>330220781
>The battle system was a lot of fun
>I liked the linear corridor shit

See, I don't know what that means because you only stated that you liked things without explaining why you like them. I can't agree or disagree because I don't know what you actually think.
>>
Why are Fang and Lightning so perfect together?

Hell, I'm not even /u/.
>>
>>330221382
>it gets good 40 hours in!
I was looking forward to this game longer than you've probably been alive. If I want to say it's shitty I'm gonna say it's shitty
>>
>>330221194
No it's not. A lot of people, including in these very threads, kept shitting on the soundtrack as well
>>
>>330221797
It's actually good from the very beginning but keep on memeing
>>
>>330222242
This is so fucking wrong that it's obvious that it's a shitpost, and I have no idea why I even bother replying
>>
>>330222351
I loved it from the opening
>>
>>330222242
>if somebody's opinion differs from mine, they're "memeing"
Sure the, it gets good____ hours in has taken on a life of its own, but that doesn't make it any less true. It's pretty much universally agreed the game gets good on grand pulse and when you get full customizational control of the party, both of which happen 30+ hours into the game
>>
>>330222397
Good job, you have shit taste, this is nothing new
>>
>Walk in a straight line for 5 minutes
>Boss fight
>20 minutes of cutscene
>Walk in another line for 6 minutes
>Boss fight
>Another 25 minutes of cutscene
Repeat until I wanted to blow my brains out
Oh, and
>no towns, everything feels dead and empty as fuck
>>
I don't care what you guys say. I love the FFXIII trilogy.
>>
>>330222397
I did too. I actually got kind of bored at Archylte Steppe because the whole game until then had a sense of urgency. You were running from your pursuers every step of the way, and then all of a sudden you have to run circles around this big empty area and kill certain monsters in a specific order. What the fuck? No. Take me back to Cocoon so I can run forward some more.
>>
>>330222525
FFXIII was pure unadulterated garbage
FFXIII-2 was the best
FFXIII-3 was ok, but only had Lightning, the worst waifu so it wasn't as good as 2
>>
>>330222432
As I already said I loved it from the start
>>330222438
If you have no rebuttal you can only rely on childish responses it seems
I can explain why I liked from the beginning
First of all the music, Prelude to FFXIII is a majestic track, absolutely stunning and its use in this opening montage is sensational https://youtu.be/fUyAPNzRa2E
That's before the game even starts, before the title menu
The the title menu had another phenomenal song and the presentation is slick and looks and sounds fantastic
Than the game starts and it starts off in a phenomenal
It's obviously very inspired by the VII intro but it's still different enough to completely outshine it
The pacing of the cutscene is perfect, the music is amazing, the art-direction of Cocoon is a masterpiece in and of its own and the action is directed flawlessly
Then the first piece of gameplay is a boss battle whivh starts easing you into the battle system
This is why I loved it since the opening
>>
>>330219312
why do her legs give me a boner?
i think it's because they look so real, I notice in one pic Lightnings leg looks hot too, they really nail making the legs I think maybe whoever does it has a leg fetish likes me but they have the ability to perfect them
>>
>>330222928
Was FF13 your first ff game? I can totally understand if it's nostalgia making you feel so strongly. I totally understand because we're all guilty of it, but most people in the thread just didn't think it was that good. Different strokes chum
>>
>>330222928
It sounds like you're more in love with the production values rather than the direction.
>>
>>330223080
Nope, unsurprisingly I was 5 and my first FF was 7
>>330223138
Both actually
I don't think there was any 7th gen rpg with such fantastic production values though
>>
>>330222928
>If you have no rebuttal
And neither do you, faggot
All you said is "cutscenes and music in XIII are good" which is no shit, SE is good at cutscenes and music in XIII is great
You forgot to mention how the entire battle system until 2 hours in is limited to "press autobattle and wait for ATB" in every single fucking battle. It gets better once you get paradigms, but it still gives you shit at first. And I know there's writing reasons for it, but guess what, writing sucks ass
>>
>>330223292
Did it really take that long to get paradigms? I don't remember it being that long. I'm probably wrong though. I'd say dragging out the battle system's introduction for so long was the game's biggest flaw. It seemed like they didn't have a whole lot of confidence in it. Or maybe they didn't think people would be smart enough to figure it out.
>>
File: vanille.png (1 MB, 1300x884) Image search: [Google]
vanille.png
1 MB, 1300x884
Vanille is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>330223547
I think you get paradigms after they all get branded as l'cie, which happens what, 1-2 hours in? All this shitting/not shitting on the game is really giving me an urge to replay it though.
>>
>>330223674
My Australian princess :3
>reminder than Vanille is really the main character
>>
>>330223547
The dick move is that you spend a lot of the game with two man teams which denies a lot of the strategic depth since you can't actually use most of the combinations and are constantly lacking specific roles that only certain characters are good at.
>>
>>330223547
>Or maybe they didn't think people would be smart enough to figure it out
There's nothing to figure out. Fill stagger with RAVs and SABs, kill with COMs, defend with SEN/MED/SYNs. Sometimes enemies require to mix it up but these are the basics, and they're really simple

Also it did take this long to get to paradigms, and it takes even longer until chapter like 8 when game takes off your training wheels finally
>>
>>330223753
Yup
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>330219312

I bought it during the time it was released, so I remember the backlash it got. Good times. I got up to the second Barthandelus fight and quit. I gave it another chance two months agp, and stuck with it until the end. I still have not beaten all the hunt missions, and I'm not sure if I ever will. Maybe.

There were some things that I liked about FFXIII, and of course there were some things that I disliked. A few people will say "This game isn't as awful as most people make it out to be", but that's a pretty unfair statement to make. I can totally understand why a lot of people hate this game. It's not easy to get into, you're doing the same shit for nearly twenty hours, and it doesn't get better until then. It should never take a game that long to get good. It just isn't an easy game to defend.

I liked FFXIII way more than FFX, if anything. inb4 "hurr hurr b8 xD". In this game I'm not dealing with shitty characters, awful voice acting, unskippable cutscenes, and piss easy boss fights. FFXIII has one of the series’ best combat systems.

I liked it, don't regret the time I spent playing it, but I would never do another run. FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns are vastly superior games.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.