[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh look it's another game that gives you loads of gadgets/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 476676.jpg (26 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
476676.jpg
26 KB, 460x215
Oh look it's another game that gives you loads of gadgets/ ways to kill your enemies but punishes you for using it because it favors MUH STEALTH
>>
>>330219178
>killing enemies in a stealth game
you deserve this
>>
>>330219178
>punishes you for using it
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>330219268
you get a bad ending if you kill too much people
>>
But he doesn't punish you. I've done a full ghost run and regretted it because besides Samuel's favour going full stealth isn't rewarding at all.
>>
>>330219297
How's that a punishment though?
It's your deserved ending.
>>
>>330219297
>implying its a punishment
All the endings are great.
>but why did the world turn out shitty :(
>bad ending :(
This is why you don't slaughter people for shits n giggles
>>
>>330219297
Nyarlathotep is also slightly disappointed that you were such a murderer.
>>
>>330219297
You've been acting like a psycho up until now, why do you care if some girl get a bad character growing up.
>>
>>330219345
>deserved ending
yes, that's what a punishment is

still, it's better than hitmab 5 with its stupid points system
>>
>>330219297
But the bad ending is better than the good ending.
>>
yeah i started playing this and every retard told me to play full stealth for the real experience but i soon found out there is no challenge to just killing all the guards in much more satisfying and varied ways.

if you are making a stealth game, direct combat should be too difficult to be viable at least the majority of the time, otherwise the whole thing is just feature padding for retards who want to roleplay and pretend they're being challenged.
>>
>>330219297
Oh dear what a massive punishment I get a slightly different 2 minute cutscene

Game is ruined boys
>>
>>330219407
Punishment is when you get punished by someone else. High chaos ending is the bed you've made for yourself. Don't call it a grave.
>>
>>330219297
so what? its fun to be bad and good. problem is people like you think there is only one way to play video games which is why playtesters had no fucking idea what to do in the party level and liekly why the second game was will be on rails trash.
>>
>Dishonored

How did they manage to publish this game with a blatant spelling mistake in the title? Blunder of the century
>>
>>330219457
Where did the "Dishonored is a stealth game" meme come from? It has stealth, but it's no more a stealth game than Deus Ex.
>>
File: gre.png (390 KB, 679x498) Image search: [Google]
gre.png
390 KB, 679x498
>>330219546
Careful not to fall for it
>>
>>330219558
Deus ex is a pretty good stealth game on the highest difficulty
>>
>>330219650
Not when you get the invisibility aug
>>
ITT: dumbasses that think a bad ending is not a punishment on a heavily plot-driven game
>>
>>330219678
Oh, right. Deus Ex is a pretty good stealth game on the highest difficulty when you don't take the cloak aug.

I just never got around to it on my run, everything else seemed more fun
>>
File: 1426598741287.png (762 KB, 794x718) Image search: [Google]
1426598741287.png
762 KB, 794x718
>muh chaos

all that matters is you have been given powers to do with as you will. what you do with them is your choice, but either way it will be very interesting. will you stay your hand, or use it to deliver your wrath? now go, and exercise your free will, or is that too much to ask?
>>
>>330219683
If you smash your head into a brick wall, is the brick wall punishing you via making your head bleed?

No, you are.

When you play full lethal, you yourself make the ending. Thats not a punishment, thats you doing it to yourself.
>>
>>330219683
What bad ending?
>>
>>330219650
>Deus ex is a pretty good stealth game
Said no person who actually played it.
>>
>>330219840
>when you punch a classmate, the detention is not a punishment because you deserve it

do you know what a punishment is?
>>
>>330219558
i don't know, you can ask that from literally every person who defends this shitty game in this thread and every thread that talks about this game
>>
>>330219683
>heavily plot-driven game
>Corvo killed Empress
>Uh-oh Corvo in jail
>But he escaped with help of some conspirators
>Now he gonna kill the people who put him in jail
>But the conspirators betrayed him and took his kid
>But it's okay because he manages to get out of a flooded district and pursue them
>Final level of the game is given slight variables based upon how many people you killed

Very heavy plot, huh? Every cutscene in the game is less than 2 minutes.
>>
>>330219893
That'll be valid if the game took away some gameplay elements to punish you for going evil.

But it adds more enemies instead, allowing you to get loose more.
>>
>player wants to kill everyone
>chaos mechanic makes it so that he gets more people to kill
>player complains
???
>>
>>330219683
>Emily survives
>you survive (obviously)
>bad guys do not
>bad ending
???
>>
>>330219454
>bad ending is better than the good ending
bull fucking shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm650qs1ekk

>that dialogue at the end
>that music
>that wrap up for Corvo

Good ending is the best ending. All of them are good though.
>>
Obligatory
https://youtu.be/aLOY2dQfR4w
>>
>>330220104
Actually Corvo dies protecting Emily from an Assassination attempt.
She then makes everything a living hell fire everyone.
>>
>>330220243
I didn't think any of them were very good, but at least the chaotic ending being all dark and stormy made it feel more climactic.
>>
The bad ending will likely be canon for Dishonored 2.
>>
>>330220294
>some people actually thought Dishonored had bad gameplay
why
>>
>>330220294
holy shit
>>
>>330219794
Outsider is a dick. He is the worst fucking character ever. Fuck him and his unknown agendas.
>>
>>330220294
>that ending
well fuck me
>>
>>330220408
How? Emily either dies or becomes the evil overlord.

The good ending seems more like a cannon because shit got fixed over time and Corvo dies of old age and Emily lived to old age.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.