[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>years of absolutely no updates or support >game was essentially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Necron_Overlord.png (2 MB, 893x1177) Image search: [Google]
Necron_Overlord.png
2 MB, 893x1177
>years of absolutely no updates or support
>game was essentially left for dead in favor of COH2
>game is so dead community basically creates their own unofficial expansion
>all of a sudden after all these years "oh yeah, DOW2 was a thing..."
>necron overlord in last stand mode

I dont know what to make of this
>>
File: 1443230755089.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1443230755089.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Hopefully just a prelude to a DoW 3 announcement.
>>
>>330217202
Basically this. Although
>SEGA

DoW2 already got DLC-ed up the ass by Relic under THQ, I can't imagine what DoW3 could potentially be like under SEGA.
>>
Money grubbing. Release something once in a while to spark interest in a dead game. And it seems to be working.
>>
File: 2015-11-13_00041.jpg (863 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-13_00041.jpg
863 KB, 3200x1800
Relic are out of touch with the Dawn of War community but the 'money grubbing' excuse really doesn't fly here considering the Necron Overlord is going to be free for everyone for the first 5 days of release, and you get to keep him.

The blood pack DLC back in October, now THAT was retarded money grubbing.
>>
>>330217275
>money grubbing
Only the dlc is free for everyone grabbing it in the first 5 days
>>
File: BY THE EMPEROR I LOVE BOOKS.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BY THE EMPEROR I LOVE BOOKS.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>DoW3 might have Necrons as a starting race
I can only hope
>>
>>330218527
Wait, there is free DLC for DOW2? Since when?
>>
>>330218664
Since the day after tomorrow.
>>
>>330218716
Oh

Neat I guess.
>>
canonically who are the imperial guard worst against (not including any forces of imperium)?
>>
>>330218716
It's actually tomorrow, even
>>
>>330218756
Tyranids I believe. Like orks, but adaptable, didn't they mutate to be able to resists Tau plasma fire? If they can do that, they can make their scales or whatever reflective and make the Las weaponry useless.
>>
>>330218776
30 hours
>>
i am really looking forward to leveling the necon lord. its going to be interesting to see how many people actually know about and use him day one.
>>
>>330219786
Enough for every game for the next 3 weeks to be filled with level 1 Necron Overlord shitters, guaranteed
>>
>>330218756
>>330219000

I would say the Necrons. It seems like every story you hear about is the Necrons walking over their opponents. The codexs at least mention IG victories against the Tyranids. Plus, in the case of Tyranids, with enough firepower you can destroy them completely until the waves stop. Necrons can just pull their bodies back together and teleport out to come back another way with more soldiers.

At least from reading the lore I always found the Necrons to be the most threatening thing in the universe. Tyranids always came off as "you will lose a crazy amount but you can do it"

If not the Eldar types. The Imperial Guard specializes in conventional warfare, all guns forward. The Eldar/DE refuse to fight like that. But if they catch them the IG crush them.
>>
>>330218756
On a battle by battle basis the Necrons probably rape hardest like the other anon said, but 'worst' could mean a few things.

The guard can successfully fend off Tyranid incursions under the right circumstances but without some kind of major breakthrough they're only really capable of holding back probing attacks when you consider the full power of the Tyranids that they'll eventually have to face.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.