[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? Nostalgiafags need not reply
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
What went wrong?

Nostalgiafags need not reply
>>
>>330215404

Your parents had you.
>>
>>330215404
another OoT thread, can u guys just stop?
>>
>>330215404
Egoraptor's sequelitis pretty much nails it on the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0
>>
>>330215598
this, even if ego is a colossal faggot
>>
>>330215598
>>330215632
At least half of its problems are due to Arin having ADHD and being awful at video games. Meanwhile he relentlessly sucks off aLttP while claiming people only nostalgiafag for OoT.

His video doesn't hit anything on the head except why he's a colossal faggot
>>
>>330215598
Isn't that video pretty much just Arin bitching about how he can't hit things in 3D?
>>
>>330215752
this, i agree OoT is overrated, but his reason were mostly bullshit, and to be fair ALttP is just as overrated, most zeldas are
>>
nothin'
>>
File: zelda egoraptor.png (357 KB, 528x1647) Image search: [Google]
zelda egoraptor.png
357 KB, 528x1647
>>330215598
Fuck off ego shill
>>
It's not Majora's Mask.
>>
>>330215404
nothing

stay made sonybaby
>>
Hyrule Field is boring as fuck. Too big and empty, and the caves all look the same and have 20 rupee chests.

Also, despite how prominent Epona is in the artwork and how "important" she is to OoT, she really is pretty useless. You only really need her for certain parts of Gerudo Valley.

You could argue that it established some of the series' bad habits like longass chest and door opening animations, but those were probably due to system limitations. WW/TP/SS have no excuse.
>>
it's p. funny how the "overrated!!" backlash from MM faggots has made everybody qualify their opinions of OOT by saying "well yes this game is overrated but." like come on dudes, it's okay to say that the best zelda game is good, you don't have to pretend that it isn't just to appease MM fags.
>>
>link needs to "equip" iron boots to sink underwater even though they are in his bag
>>
>>330216302
>Pokemon can fit in those tiny ass pokeballs
>>
what went wrong is that you decided to shitpost on /v/ instead of playing videogames and enjoying them
>>
>>330216302
>ignoring the fact that every zelda (and most games) have logical inconsistencies like this, and just points out one in OoT to make it seem like a flaw that only OoT has

kek
>>
>>330215404
>handholdy
>point A to point B direction in what is supposed to be an adventure game
most overrated shit imaginable
>>
>>330216440
>>330216382
triggered both of you
>>
There is barely anything wrong with the game, anyone who compares this game to 2016 standards is fucking delusional, there weren't any 3D dungeon crawlers done in this style before so this game pretty much set the bar for future games

Again, for the time it was released, it was a great game, it has aged obviously but if you are going to tell me it's 5/10 then you haven't played the game or you are just copying and pasting someone else's opinion
>>
>>330216650
>copying and pasting someone else's opinion

welcome to the internet, enjoy your stay
>>
>>330215598
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF8gD9J6jAA

He's just really fucking bad at Ocarina of Time
>>
>>330216893
>"who the fuck is therunawayguys"

kek
>>
>>330216893
Jesus fucking christ.

OoT I've watched a 5 y/o play through this game, and they did better than this idiot by the time they reached the Fire Temple.
>>
>>330216893
What is common sense
What is thinking

Holy shit the game is not that hard, it's a Nintendo game even, imagine this fucktard playing a Solus game
>>
>>330217650
Him and Danny made a whole series on Game Grumps about Bloodbourne. Not a souls game but he's still shit at it.
>>
>>330215404
It isn't A Link to the Past
>>
>>330215404

Exploring doesn't amount to much 9/10 times due to your reward being nothing more than some bombs or a few rupees.

The game is simply too easy.

The story is really bare-bones. NPCs are mostly forgettable outside of Zelda/Sheik, Ganon, Ruto, and Saria.

Despite Epona being a huge selling point for the game she's probably the worst aspect of it, with terrible controls and pathing.

Young Link serves no real purpose other than to restrict the player.

The combat is bare-bones as fuck, though this is forgivable as it's probably supposed to be a "family" game.
>>
File: armor-spider.jpg (14 KB, 300x171) Image search: [Google]
armor-spider.jpg
14 KB, 300x171
>>330217650
I started demon souls today actually and I'm having alot of fun, but holy shit fuck this guy with a rusty rake. Meleeing him was impossible and I had to stay in a corner and cheese his health off with magic to beat him
>>
nothing, coming from someone that thought oot was overrated for a long time before redacting the opinion
>>
>>330215404
People by the by don't like exploration.
Having to figure out where to go and what to do makes them feel stupid and they can't be bothered to ask Navi.
People don't like easter egg hunting for heart pieces and golden skulltulas.

People don't like puzzles.
Again, it makes them feel stupid.

People don't like locking onto an enemy and having to take in their surroundings and obviously not block or wait for openings.
They would much rather prefer something like musou where you just attack in a general direction until everything is dead.

It was a lot of reading.
People don't like to read.

You had to bind items to the c-buttons instead of having a handy dandy weapon wheel or something.

A lot of the game was playing songs, 6 to 8 note songs.
You have to keep going back to the note sheet because there is no way in hell people can memorize 6-8 notes.
Maybe you could get some small form of satisfaction if you actually memorized one but it would have been so much better to just have them be magic things like Din's Fire and the like.

People don't like navigating dungeons.
They should be more simple and linear because again, exploration makes people feel dumb.

Lastly just all the big fuck ups.
>No online play
>No achievements
>No DLC
>No dank memes
And its like oh look, another white male protagonist, could it get any less progressive.
He saves a princess, what kind of a misogynerd writes that shit.
With Saria, Malon, Ruto, Nabooru and Zelda all vaguely or not so vaguely being infatuated with Link it pushes this just disgusting hetronormitive gender role shit.
One of the supporting female characters was a naked fish woman with her tits and everything just fully exposed.
I think we can all agree censoring problematic triggering stuff like that for the 3DS release was a good call.
I'm also glad they removed all the blood, it was much too graphic.

At least we can all look forward to the new Zelda that will not repeat the mistakes of Ocarina.
>>
>>330215967
why did someone write a billion word essay about a retard making a video
>>
>>330219008
This post seemed pretty logical up until >no online play and tumblr speak
>>330219358
Because that video got millions of views
>>
>>330219482
>This post seemed pretty logical up until >no online play and tumblr speak
I'm pretty sure you missed the point then.
>>
>>330215404
Played it 2 years ago for the first time and it was magical.
I wasn't able to read when the game got first released.
I'd say nothing went wrong
>>
>>330215404
>Posts 10/10 game
>HURR WHAT WENT WRONG

Sony ponies everyone.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.