[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think about this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8
File: Resistance_Fall_of_Man[1].jpg (84 KB, 256x299) Image search: [Google]
Resistance_Fall_of_Man[1].jpg
84 KB, 256x299
>>
>>330214590
unoriginal basic cancer title go dig a hole and die in it please faggot you're awful
>>
>>330214590
It had some cool guns, I liked it alright.
>>
One of my first PS3 games. Pretty much it was ok. Nothing more nothing less.
>>
basically a dolled up ps2 game
>>
you know the series is shit when the PSP title is by far the best
>>
>>330214590
only good thing about the game is that it allowed you to do a bypass on COD 4 and hack the game
>>
Never played 1, seemed kinda bland.

2 was fun, especially the multiplayer.

3 had the best campaign.
>>
Bought it before I even had a PS3. Enjoyed it well enough but it was a bit of a letdown.
>>
File: resistance2pic[1].png (946 KB, 1189x668) Image search: [Google]
resistance2pic[1].png
946 KB, 1189x668
>>330214721
lel no, R3 was the best, Psp = R1 and R2 was shit, never played burning skies
>>
Surprisingly fun, actually.
By all intent it was more or less a Halo clone but it managed to copy its fun for sure on top of having lot of cool alien guns.

At first it seemed a bit boring but then I felt like finishing it on the highest difficulty and it just sort of "clicked" on me. Then I finished it on that, collected everything without a guide and had some fun on multiplayer.

Shame about the framerate on split-screen co-op.

2 was shit, tried too hard to be CoD and lost the charm, if not for the American suburbs level you would have never guessed it was meant to be the 50s. Apparently 3 was good but I never tried it.
The PSP spin-off had a very small enemy variety but it's definitely worth checking out for having an interesting movement scheme and a loudmouthed protag that reminds me of early shooter protags with their one-liners.
>>
>>330214941
That's how I felt. 1 had the fun factor that the other games missed out on. You could play chimaira online and human. That gave it a unique feel other fps games don't have. 2 was so disgusting I turned it off after the first part. 3 was boring.
>>
>>330215270
>3 was boring.
Really? I had heard great things about it even though interest in the franchise had died down by the time it was out.
I should just dust off my console and play it.
>>
>>330215465
It had good presentation but the atmosphere felt dull and drab and it was too linear. I played co-op with my brother and he quit because he thought it was so boring.
>>
>>330215465
>>330215270
3 has a great campaign but the multiplayer is by far the worst in the series. Incredible disappointment considering even though 2 was a pretty crappy game all around the multiplayer was great.
>>
Great game, my first PS3 game I had and I remember being blown away by the way it looked. Never got the hate for 2, I liked that as well.
>>
>>330214590

Fun multiplayer with the lads
>>
>>330214637
anyone who didnt like this game probably couldnt buy a ps3 on release or in the same year. this is like those people who shit on old games saying they are bad just becuase they have shit today standards
>>
>>330214590
I actually bought all 3 last year cleaning up the exclusives I never played begore I moved onto ps4.
I played it for a few hours but the controls were awful and you couldnt remap them
>>
>>330216458
>can't remap buttons

sure you played the game
>>
>>330214590
>killzone was better
>>
>>330217187
I could not individually remap the buttons to how I wanted them, their were just presets that I didnt want.
I remember I had to choose the lesser of the few evils
>>
>>330214590
reminded me of Medal of Honor Allied Assault i liked it

2 was terrible

3 was pretty good
>>
>>330218256

>killzone was better

Killzone is the most bland and generic fps made to date. But, hey, is exclusive, so it has to be good.
>>
The multiplayer was good.
>>
I liked the first one quite a bit but it's also the only FPS I've ever really played.
>>
First game was excellent and played more in line with the older console shooters before Modern Warfare hit it big. It was just fun to play with all the cool weapons you got

Second game tried to chase that Halo and CoD money and was garbage (and the broken co-op got pretty old quick)
>>
>>330214590
Tried demo, uninstalled after first 5 min trying to figure out whether its my controller busted or they really set deadzones size of texas.

I can play shooters on pad ok but hardset large deadzones and input linearity are a dealbreaker.
>>
>>330219761
Nah, you just a faggot.
>>
>>330214941
It wasn't really a Halo Clone, in fact it was one of the few games of that gen that didn't copy the two systems Halo made popular: 2 gun limit and Regerating Health.

It played like an older FPS with modern controls, you even moved fast enough to strafe around bullets and there was no accuracy penalty for moving, so zooming around shooting people was a viable stratedgy.

Resistance 2 is one of the worst sequels of all time, it's an alright 7th gen console FPS and weapons are fun but it removed everything that made FoM unique and fun.

> 2 gun limit
> Slow as molasses movement unless you sprint
> garbage hipfire accuracy with lots of reticule bloom
> regenerating health.

In FoM you had to outplay the Chimera for entire firefights not getting hit more than a few times. You had the capability to dodge lasers and fire accurately while moving, which took skill and was fun.

Resistance 2 you moved too slow to strafe out of the way of bullets, and if you wanted to move fast (sprinting) you could no longer strafe or shoot back. The only accurate way to shoot rifles m was to ADS which meant you were practically stationary (FoM also had a "zoom in" but it didn't slow you down). No more out-manuarving the enemy and getting Headshots on the go, you had to crouch behind cover, get up when it's safe and Aim down the sights and shoot a guy. If you got hit, don't worry just hide behind a wall for 3 seconds and do it again. Even if you only got one hit in every time you poked your head out you'd never die unless you got hit by a bunch all at once.

Halo homogenised the FPS genre and COD4 gave it a brain aneurism. Resistance is the perfect example of how casualised and shit FPS gameplay becomes with COD's mechanics.
>>
>>330218369
You can though, you can remap anything to anything.

My "interact" button was L1 because I was using everything else for another function.
>>
>>330220851
>It wasn't really a Halo Clone, in fact it was one of the few games of that gen that didn't copy the two systems Halo made popular: 2 gun limit and Regerating Health.
It was though, the weapon wheel was a welcome throwback and the segmented regenerating health was a great compromise between the old system and the new one.
>It played like an older FPS with modern controls, you even moved fast enough to strafe around bullets and there was no accuracy penalty for moving, so zooming around shooting people was a viable strategy.
Yes, something which Halo still had.
>>
>>330220802

>Nah, you just a faggot.

That doesn't make Killzone less generic or boring.
>>
>>330214590
Multiplayer was fucking amazing, fun as fuck.
The singe player campaign was fun, nothing all too special but a good romp.

If you can get this game cheap, I'd definitely give it a shot.
>>
>>330220851
the only thing 2 was better than 1 except graphics was the fucking checkpoint system, it sucked so much balls in R1 to the point I almost broke my controller. 2 had some horrible enemy placement tho
>>
>>330221083
If the "modern FPS" is Cod4 and the "classic FPS" is Doom then using the games we have discussed the scale from Classic to modern would go

Doom > Resistance 1 (fast/good accuracy, semi-regenerating health, weapon wheel) > Halo 1 (only semi regenerating health, 2 guns, fast/good accuracy) > Halo 2 and beyond (full Regerating health and 2 guns but good accuracy and movement) = Resistance 3 (modern "slowness" but weapon wheel and old school health) > Resistance 2 (full COD but at least it had fun secondary fires) > COD4
>>
>>330214590
I really enjoyed it. I went in expecting a really generic shooter but got that turned on it's head.

Cool weapons
Cool setting
Cool story bruh

Shame 2 wasn't so good but that's what you get for trying to appeal to the American audience.
>>
R1 was, and still is amazing, fun as fuck no need for ADS just hipfire blating the fuck out of everything.

R2 went very wrong.

R3 is the 2nd best solo campaign of any FPS after Half Life 2. Great guns, and it's dark as fuck towards the end.
>>
It was pretty good.

Writing was decent, weapons had lots of variety and cool concepts, gunplay felt good by console shooter standards, there was plenty of enemy variety, the mecha sections were fun, and the atmosphere was decent. It also has a fair few memorable setpiece moments (Manchester square, the Cathedral, standoff by London bridge, cheddar gorge sniping section, etc.) without having to resort to overly scripted BS, which is rare for modern shooters.

Multiplayer was alright but nothing special, mostly due to the limited number of maps and modes.

It's a shame that both sequels tried to reinvent themselves in different ways instead of just improving the formula, especially since R2 turned out to be shit as a result.
>>
blew me away at the time, fantastic online mode
>>
>>330221527
While boring is personal opinion, I wouldnt call KZ generic.
Killzone in its visual style went pretty far from generic.
Gameplay wise it was an fps but with fun gun mechanic and every single bullet hitting hellgans felt just right.
Everything had weight and inertia which was another great touch.
Fun weapons, vehicles, some amazing touches when it comes to visual level design.

As an fps it was an easily recognisable fps but I wouldnt call it a bad thing.
FPS'es can have their personal flavours, Hallo has its own, Doom or Quake its own, Duke Nukem as well and then there is TF2 or Red Orchestra.
I would hate if KZ was something like Die Hard trilogy on psx where gameplay mechanics changes every 5 minutes.

Its not that there is anything wrong in varied gameply, its just if I want to play fps, I want to play fps.
I really wouldnt want KZ to be anything but fps, like run here and listen to some long ass internal monologue then go here and play minigame to disarm a bomb then go there and talk with someone and then read this manual about additional loot mechanics or something.
I actually liked that every hour of gameplay was spent on shooting enemies and not fucking around doing something else.
>>
>>330214875
>R3 was the best

"no"
>>
File: 1343051867680.gif (2 MB, 300x173) Image search: [Google]
1343051867680.gif
2 MB, 300x173
>>330222268
>and every single bullet hitting hellgans felt just right.
Man, this is seriously the best part. In 1 they felt like garbage peashooters, and that's exactly what they were. In 2 and 3 the sounds they made were orgasmic.
>That first time firing any of the guns, particularly the Helghan ones and you hear that super loud CRACK.
>>
>>330215975
i didn't shit on the game i shat on the OP's title you humongous retard
>>
>>330221527
Killzone 2 is fantastic though, "gritty" and "realistic" are over used buzzwords for military FPS but Killzone 2 did those things better than any other game despite being sci-fi.

The art and sound design is great and the character and especially guns "feel heavy", shooting someone with the revolver is something no other game has replicated.

The story is also nice, it's just a simple tale of a war going from bad to worse to worser. Every victory the ISA achieve is undermined and the narrative can basically be described as "then things got worse. FUCK!". The ending is great to, they all just sit down and have a rest knowing that Rico fucked up everything. too bad Killzone 3 didn't have any of this stuff and ruined the story.

Also Killzone has 2 of the best cinematic intro's in games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXAugWfVb0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mPYW9F00uA
>>
>>330222415
Even single pistol bullet went splat and you could feel it punches trough the helgan.
>>
>>330214590
This and KZ2 are the only worthwhile Sony exclusive shooters from the PS3 era
>>
My favorite thing about R1 was playing it through and only getting the notion that it was a very generic story.

Then you see the epilogue where Hale is surrounded by those black ops you see rarely and he nearly kills himself with a grenade showing that there was happening more than you could see.

Then you find out that the morse code that plays in the pause menu and near dead black ops changes in every level and there's a shitload of hidden messages with backstory showing what was happening on the background.

Then R2 came and it all became cowadoody
woops.

Weird that they only added cloven to the PSP game, though.
>>
File: 1263624337000.gif (9 KB, 391x644) Image search: [Google]
1263624337000.gif
9 KB, 391x644
>>330222539
>too bad Killzone 3 didn't have any of this stuff and ruined the story.
>Sev just forgives Rico and the game paints out Rico to be the best man ever after you get separated.
>Rico just taints Sev by making him constantly betray the chain of command and he goes against everything he's told to do.
At least KZ3 had really nice guns, the Helghan segment was great, the final level was awesome for the gravity changes, and that stealth segment, while very linear and hard to fail, felt really fun to play.
>>
>>330222675
The lore and background R1 hinted at was fantastic, yeah.

It's fucking criminal that the devs dropped the ball so hard and wasted it. They could have done so much more with it all.
>>
>FPS
>console

nothing more to say really
>>
>>330214590
It had GOOD AI, those fuckers would flank, dodge nades, take cover, never retard rush you

weapons were fun as fuck both offline and On
the maps were big too supporting up to 32 bretty gud for PS3 not MAG 2200+ but Resistance looked better

caimpaign was fun too and a weapon wheel fuck I love games with those so smart especially with the limited buttons on a controller

The story is your typical Alien invasion i'll give you that but what they did with the WWII setting and the narration were brilliant too bad the sequels never lived up to the original

solid 8/10 nothing to really write home about but still wroth playing
>>
>>330222415
>that combination of scripted and ragdoll deaths making them not goofy and silly but actually interesting and satisfying to watch
>those KZ3 melee and assassination kills

DUUUUUUUUUUDE!
>>
>>330221742
See it's weird but I think 2 actually looked worse than 1 did. I played them back to back as well.
>>
>>330222701
Not to mention the Helghast wernt from semi-sympathetic adversaries to "I am going to blow up the Earth with my magic green bomb".

Did they go anywhere with the "ISA commanders and incompetent and possibly corrupt" sub-plot that was mentioned a few times in 2? I don't remember so probably not.

I wanted Killzone 3 to be almost a survival game, at least in tone of the story. There was meant to be only a small number of ISA alive after the nuke went off, and Visari said Helghan would fall the pieces and a leaderless Helghast people would just go ape-shit, but they had a whole council of guys and only 2 were involved in any kind of power struggle.

I wanted Rico to be held responsible for his actions and maybe even grow as a character and learn to see the (now broken and scattered) Helgast as people rather than scum, AKA his ark in Killzone 1 that got forgotten.

Anyway, the real question is why we havnt gotten a Radec Prequel game set at the same time as KZ1 playing the events which got him his position as Visari's right hand man. He and Templar knew eachother, it would be easy to write a story.
>>
>>330214941
This is exactly how I played it as well. I played it in 2011 though so the multiplayer was almost dead and didn't spend too much time in it.
>>
>>330223339
It had higher quality assets but the maps were way fucking bigger, and huge chunks of them looked like ass because they were just poorly textured stretches of walls and floor as a result.

The art direction was also just a fucking mess for most interiors, especially Chimera ones. They were mostly just huge, blocky, grey rooms with nothing interesting about them and very generic architecture.

The only parts I thought looked consistently good were the 50s suburb, the forest level, and the defence tower.
>>
>>330223431
KZ3 is almost like they killed GG and put another team in secret.
Remember that annoying guy from KZ2 that was Rico's friend? He just vanishes from no reason from 3. And the entirety of KZ3 felt like disjointed random levels.

It's like they took all the interesting aspects of 2 and threw it all away and fully embraced the "generic shooter" shitposting.
>>
>>330222079
Isn't that a bit of an overstatement about 3? I've currently just done the canal barge bit and it's nothing but mildly pleasing. I'm also coincidentally currently playing Half Life 2 the only fps games I feel are anywhere near it are the first one, Red Faction
, Timesplitters 2 and maybe Project Snowblind.
>>
>>330222079
>HL2
>best solo campaign of any FPS
What the fuck?
>>
File: 71sul4FGmdL__SL1462_.jpg (260 KB, 1462x916) Image search: [Google]
71sul4FGmdL__SL1462_.jpg
260 KB, 1462x916
>>330214590
console fps
worse..ps fps
>>
>>330214590
Dead bodies are hilarous
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
Anyone else spent about half of 2007 playing this map?

I think Resistance FoM was the last console FPS I really enjoyed.
>>
>>330222918
I felt like the reason they went with WWII setting and alien invasion was a bit of a joke by the devs. They wanted people to perceive it as a typical modern shooter when under it's skin it was more like a classic shooters.
>>
>>330223584
It's the curse of the third game in a Sony exclusive trilogy.

> Crash
> Spyro
> Jak
> Ratchet (to a lesser degree)
> Sly
> God of War
> Killzone
> Uncharted

First entry is always a good concept but a bit rough around the edges. Second improves in almost every way, always bigger and better production value.

Then the third game always seems like a rushed expansion of the second. "Levels seemingly like a bunch of random non connected encounters" is an issue with Uncharted 3, God of War 3 and Killzone 3. And the third game always drops the ball on story as well, over complicating and being too ambitious.

It's like the Devs get given an even bigger budget and they want to do something massive and make new gameplay mechanics and shit, but less time so it always ends up being rushed and cobbled together.
>>
Played coop with my brother. Probably the reason why I loved it so much back then.
>>
>>330223569
That's funny because those 3 levels are the only ones I can remember! I do remember watching the invasion from a harbour but can't think what the level leading up to that was.

It certainly was bigger but I think that took its toll on the graphics because when you looked at object in detail they were pretty poor.
>>
>>330223840
yeah mate, defending the snipers nest in the top right corner of the map

also the endor like map with all the treetop platforms
>>
>>330224050
but Jak 1 was literally flawless, 2 and 3 fucked th formula
>>
My favourite level had to be the level where you go through London in the winter.
>>
>>330224160
The Fleet over the harbour was at the start of the game. The level leading up to it was just inside a military base, it was pretty bland.

The fleet looked great, but there was something off about it, it just never looked "right" I always got uncanny valley type feelings when I looked at it. Something about the angle and positioning makes it obvious that it's not actually giant space ships way up in the air and small models close that are meant to look far away. I can't explain it, but it just looks wrong.
>>
May I say that this is a jolly good thread with a lot of nice civil discussion about video games.
>>
>Brought the Killzone and Resistance trilogies from a second hand game store a while back
>Still haven't played any of them

What series should I play first?
>>
>>330223431
Did Shadowfall at least improve on the good portions of 3? Even though the story fell down the lackluster path the gameplay was really solid for a shooter. I know Mercenaries is supposed to be really good, but outside of people complaining about the 1080p workaround for Shadowfall you really don't hear much.
>>
>>330224575
You've hit that weird feeling on it's head. They were meant to be up in the air but it feels like you're looking at scale models up close. It's really unnerving. It's like they made the level really big and squeezed a war scene in at the end with whatever room they had left. New York didn't even feel that far away over the river.
>>
>think this game is boring as fuck on the first level and is a regular ww2 shooter
>get auger
>shoot through walls and make shields
>cum my pants

Good times
>>
>>330214590
I played it a year or so ago for the first time on hard mode and I had an abolsolute blasts sure the graphics are dirt brown but the guns were fun and the game was really enjoyable
>>
>>330224337
Jak 1 was great but quite short and literally unfinished (in the Demon Souls way, not Dark Souls).

Jak 2 was a deliberate change of genre, but they made a much bigger game and added loads of new stuff and it was all polished.

Jak 3 plays exactly like 2 but is 6 hours long (as opposed to 12+ in Jak 2) and the Platforming:non Platforming gameplay ratio is thrown way off (2 was sitting around the acceptable limit) and the story made no sense and everything was so unbalanced and overpowered the game was nearly impossible to die once you got a few guns.
>>
File: L.jpg (350 KB, 855x1280) Image search: [Google]
L.jpg
350 KB, 855x1280
>>330214941
Split screen coop is the main reason i spent 100+ hours in the first resistance.
That and the crazy ass weapons like the bullseye, the hailstorm or the rawket lawnchar that launches miniature rockets.

Then resistance 2 happened and i dropped it like the plague. Thank god R3 had split screen and good weaponry again, shame for the pants on head retarded plot
>>
>>330224775
Resistance. Killzone 1 is a really bad game. The areas are gigantic, some are filled with fog so you're just getting shot from nowhere, your weapons make you feel like a Stormtrooper outside of the spec ops pistol thing that one-shots on head shots, and it's really not that fun.
Killzone 2 and 3 are basically completely different games and Sony taking a chance really helped them both shine in comparison to 2.

Resistance on the other hand has a great first game and it even has a post game with tons of stuff. 2 really drops the ball though, it literally becomes a brown and bloom shooter with a two weapon limit, but then 3 takes some hints from Ratchet and Clank when it comes to weaponry while improving on what people loved in 1.

Take your pick really.
>>
>>330224959
>play Resistance 2 online
>everyone only uses the 3 burst rifle with a scope and a zapper that tells you where the person is

I hate that I spent so much time playing that game
>>
>>330223339
ayy lmao
>>
>>330225163
64 player matches were chaotic and fun in a silly way. Other than that, fuck R2
>>
It had some really cool guns and enemies with unique behaviour.

The Bullseye had some great sound effects.
>>
>>330221805
I think he's talking about other things that made Resistance 1 similar to Halo. For example the overall campaign/level design felt very Halo as well as that one vehicle in R1 that was essentially a copy pasted Warthog.

Campaign-wise though, Resistance 2 just felt like a shoddy Half Life 2 ripoff with CoD4 controls.

Never bothered with Resistance 3.
>>
>>330224967
Don't listen to that anon. Killzone 1 is great. Each of the playable characters have differing accuracy with specific guns because they are all trained differently. You choose your character upon going into each level and they play differently each time because of it.

On top of that it's very pretty for a PS2 game. Some really great looking environments towards end game.
>>
>>330224775
Killzone 2 and Fall of Man are must-plays and the two best FPS's on the PS3 and the whole generation.

Killzone 1 is tough to recommend, as FPS design conventions have come a long way since 2004. HD version fixes a few issues but it's still VERY dated. It does do some cool stuff though, like character selection with unique abilities that allow slightly different ways through levels. And it was very technically impressive for its time. Plus I like the story, even if it's nothing special.

Resistance 2 is very different from 1, and almost universally hated (see this thread), it's a 5/10 shooter but a 1/10 sequel to Fall of Man. Play it if you like 7th gen shooters.

Resistance 3 is more like 1 (weapon wheel and old-school health is back) but still different in tone and gameplay. I really like it and it's a nice blend between modern shooter mechanics and old style conventions.

Killzone 3 is alright, I guess. Gameplaywise it's perfectly passable doesn't change much from 2. But the atmosphere and story is far worse and the game as a whole never elicits the same feelings as 2 did. Play it if you liked shooting Higs.

>>330224780
Never played Shadowfall. But Mercenary is great, even with vibration and the Vita's tiny screen/headphones they nailed the "feel" of everything. The pump action shotgun feels like you are blowing people away with clusters of lead pellets.

The damage, sound, look, animation, enemy reaction and timing firing/reloads on guns all fit together cohesively and it's behaves exactly how they look and feel they should. Which is something so few shooters get right.
>>
>get PS3 on launch
>$600
>the only game out for an entire year is Resistance 1 and Taladega Nights

I can't tell if I liked the game from only being able to play that or because I actually liked it
>>
>>330225865
Its amazing how good Mercenary is for being a spinoff on a fucking portable of all things.
I loved the shop and those silly gadgets you can buy, plus using any weapon you want on any level will never not be a good idea.
>>
Have both trilogies on PS3, when they came out with the collection sets or whatever. Resistance 1 was awesome, felt old school and didn't linger. Resistance 2 was really really bad, the fov, the bloom, the knee deep in water wading and the edgy mcfucktuffs telling me to constantly get sum was lame. At least that's how I remember it. Resistance 3 was really fun and cool, another anon said it was like a half life 2 clone and I also agree, and I hate having to regulate games as throwbacks to another but it's the easiest way to say I enjoyed it, but needed to be longer or have some more explanations, but I guess that's what makes the aliens so alien in resistance cause they don't tell you fuck all just kill and terraform your planet.

Killzone 1hd I enjoyed it, felt 90s enough for me and I liked how you could pick a character you'd wanna be. Don't remember most of it though if I was honest, also the main antagonist was a dumb dumb. Killzone 2 was pretty bad, until towards the end. I hated not having ammo for the nonhelgast bullpup or that sci fi mg42. The lack of ammo for me really bothered me and I always had to then use weapons I did not like. Killzone 3 was okay, it started off great like the retreat to those cruisers but somewhere in the middle did it get boring. Also Rico is the dumbest piece of shit on the earth. They got rid of that one character too, cause he was player 2 in the co-op, which I guess means he's not in the cutscenes at all or plot lol, bad design.

If anything we should be fustrates at where killzone went in the ps4 version, and the lack of any more resistance stuff. Didn't mind the vita and Psp games.
>>
File: Killzone Mercenary.jpg (165 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Killzone Mercenary.jpg
165 KB, 960x544
>>330226089
Yeah I really liked that as well. It fixed the issue that games have where they'll just not have any guns/ammo in a level except the ones they want you to use "this is a Shotgun level" "this is a Sniper level" etc.. in Mercenary you could Snipe the entire game if you wanted to.

Although I always went SMG (the silenced one with 1/5 damage and 5/5 rate of fire) and the Pump-Action Shotgun.

I hope Gurilla Cambridge get more work, the game was a technical masterpeice for the hardware they had to work with and the game was full of good design choices as well.
>>
>>330227167
The 'replay missions with different sets of bonus objectives' idea was also really cool.

I'd like to see more games do that.
>>
>>330225446
Even though the characters are all different, the only fun ones are Rico and whatever the girl's name was. Rico because he has the minigun that actually hits from a mile away and does crazy damage with ammo being abundant, and the girl because she has the suppressed piston that one-shots on headshots and is pinpoint accurate no matter how far you are as long as you single-shot. Hakha can only use his abilities like three or four times during the entire game outside of those two or three different paths he can take, and Templar was just a normal soldier guy who moved at a decent speed.

I hated all the levels, they went on and on and on but at most you fight a handful of guards with the most being in that one swamp area ,the ending bit is no fun at all due to how many of the enemies are those advanced Helghan soldier so they are crazy bullet sponges, and your teammates never really seem to help.

Honestly, the best part of the game is when you played as the girl after doing a playthrough of Templar and you get to access a bunch of vents and stuff you couldn't as Templar and you can assassinate people from behind. Rushing people with the knife was also fun for a while.

It's a playable game, it just felt like a chore at times, and you can tell they threw almost everything out but the basic concept when it came to 2. At least Resistance was decent the whole way through with really fun weaponry and enemies.
>>
Love the story and the lore behind all of it. 2 kinda sucked but all the others (disregard Burning Skies) are great

3's ending was trash tho. Should have died at the end trying to kill the Titan
>>
>>330229076
I'd say Killzone stays on a level of mediocrity throughout the series whereas Resistance has it's peaks and troughs. I just feel like I should defend Killzone 1 though because it really isn't as bad as you say. The game is adequate with one playthrough and if you don't like some of the characters then that's fine because you can play as the ones you do like.

I never had a problem with accuracy at all. Templar is good with ISA weaponry while Hakha is good with Hellgan weapons. If you want to run through the game one shoting enemies with pinpoint accuracy then you can do that but to me personally that doesn't sound like the best way to play it.
>>
>>330230536
Well, I just had a problem with how every enemy felt like a sponge, Even going for headshots on normal guns it was like 4+ shots to kill anything, half a mag to kill others, and while it's true that it's alright for a single playthrough you still have to deal with stuff like the park/forest area with the cherry blossoms, the swamp, and the end ice mountain run. I couldn't stand those bits.
>>
>>330230691
Personal taste I guess. The swamp had the most varied levels in the game what with taking out enemy bases and blowing up bridges. I agree it wasn't the best looking level but but it certainly had the most varied levels. Bamboo maze, swamp river, sheer cliff edge etc. Also had the best boss battle in the game.

Personally the ice level was the best looking for me. I loved it when you went through a crevice in the mountain to be greeted by the space station looming over you in the distance. Gives me chills whenever I see it even today.

Cherry blossom level was very short and all in all a great section going through the train stations for me. Cherry blossoms are calming.

Personal taste I guess.
>>
>>330223840
I rolled back the patches just to keep glitching inside the walls with friends. This map was the best one. Local multiplayer was amazing fun.
>>
>>330214590
I liked the Chimera and the alternate history but the only genuinely good game out of the group is Resistance 3
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.