[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ actually like this game? Will /v/ defend this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: Destiny1.jpg (816 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Destiny1.jpg
816 KB, 1920x1200
Does /v/ actually like this game? Will /v/ defend this shit?
>>
File: 52035106d9aa2.png (147 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
52035106d9aa2.png
147 KB, 256x256
>owning a ps4
>>
>>330091042
>muh bloodborne
>>
>>330091042
Nice pic anon, can I save this???
>>
>>330091042
>owning a console

It's not just on PS4 anon.
>>
>>330091152
Don't forget
>muh 100 games that aren't out yet
>>
>>330090909
I have and play this on Xbox One. It's one of the only reasons I even use my Xbox, It's a fun game in the same way that it's fun to eat at fast food restuarants.

It has a bad story, meh visuals, very shallow, but also fairly addicting, especially with friends. Weapons are fun.

I am okay with this game.
>>
Taken King fixed literally everything, not that you cucks would know.
>>
>>330091409
What did it fix? The lack of content? Sure anon
>>
It's dead. Bungie has abandoned it.
>>
I enjoy Destiny. Knowing the /v/ hivemind dislikes it only tells me that it must be a pretty good game.
>>
>>330091359
Everyone always says it's addicting but I don't see how. I mean I have a group of friends I played with but after a couple of weeks when you have done everything I get bored of it. I don't really see what's so addicting about it. Although my friends are still currently playing it so it must be something.
>>
>>330091676
does the hivemind hate it half the posts actually talking about the game are defending it
>>
>>330091759
I am addicted to it, because I like getting new exotics and slowing getting up to 320 light on my Titan and Hunter.
>>
>>330091978
The hyperbole hivemind on /v/ hates it. The kind of people that think they can turn any game into the next ToRtanic if they scream about it enough. That means it's a decent game at the very least.
>>
It's fun if you like Halo's gunplay.

It's shit if you don't.
>>
>>330092121
Ehh I mean I guess I can see that. I mean I can't be bothered to get my characters to 320. They are all around 318ish. I fucking hate the loot system though. Just kind of tedious more than anything. And as far as exotics go I actually managed to get most of them. But the thing is a lot of the new ones are pretty uninspiring.
>>
File: destiny_ttk.jpg (28 KB, 760x405) Image search: [Google]
destiny_ttk.jpg
28 KB, 760x405
>>330090909
I actually have a question. Has there been a more greedy shit example of a season pass for a game?
>>
>>330092774
>inb4 fallout 4
>>
Demo's pretty alright.
Probably not going to buy the thing though, no interest in that eternal grind.
>>
Man I remember all the wild speculation about what this game was going to be like in the years leading up to its release

What a letdown.
>>
>>330092975
This. People thought this game was going to be so much more than it actually turned out to be
>>
>>330092774
ummm the call of duty games maybe?
>>
It's mixed. The gunplay is fantastic, and the art direction is some of the best out there currently. The lore is great but Bungie scrapped all the actual story and doesn't incorporate the lore into the game anywhere as much as they should. It's a huge missed opportunity. It controls really well, it's super polished, and there are a lot of great moments. The integration of Soulslike phantoms is really cool and makes the world feel a lot bigger than it really is.

I think the biggest problem is the sheer lack of content. What's there is okay enough but can't carry a full game by any means. Taken King was pretty good but it's still not enough. If the base game launched with all the content thus far it would have been a lot more well received.

Ultimately I'd say it's a very great framework for a game, there just isn't enough game to it. We know that the entirety of vanilla was basically originally a sidequest in the original version that was scrapped by Activision, and we know there were 8-10 more worlds to explore that were cut as well. Part of the reason is Activision meddling, part is Bungie's fault.

I think it's a shame. I still enjoy it a lot with friends on occasion but it's a far cry from what they were able to accomplish with Marathon or Halo. I'm hoping the reaction will grant them more control over Destiny 2 but I'm not holding out hope and I probably won't play it either way.
>>
>>330092774
the season pass is no different than any other game's season pass- you payed like 30 bucks and got the two DLC packs.

The Taken King has nothing to do with any season pass. Yes, it was 40 bucks, but it was essentially a new installment- the amount of shit it changed and content that it introduced made it worth the price tag. It was an actual expansion.

Sure, it's easy to get butthurt over paying for both the expansion and the season pass, but when you take into account how many hours the people who buy them have clocked, you realize it's not a bad value at all.

Same price as a WoW subscription.
>>
>>330093397
I'd contend Taken King made vanilla and season pass content obsolete though, and people definitely have a right to feel ripped off considering those who played since launch will have paid twice as much as someone entering with the same content with Taken King's release. I think it was mishandled altogether. They need to have MUCH better planning going forward or it'll destroy the fanbase it already has (which is admittedly pretty huge).
>>
>>330090909
Yeah, the taken king legendary was worth the money. Fun game and it did a lot of things right, it's borderlands except good. The combat is good, the graphics are great, the boss fights, especially some in taken king have a good amount of depth and aren't just bullet sponges. I mean they lay traps down, spawn adds, you need to watch what they're casting, etc. I was actually pretty surprised by how cool some of those bosses were. Gunplay is nice and crisp feeling, I don't know what else to say about that. I also like the fact that you don't need to traverse an open world, simply dropping to a worlds zone for a mission is vastly superior to what borderlands did. That was my main problem with these games, you spend so much god damn time traveling everywhere and all you want to do is jump in to the gameplay, Destiny was fucking great about this. Also I do think the loot system and adding all those slots besides just weapons really added to the experience, FPS RPG's are fucking dull most of the time but it gives you incentive to keep playing and you're getting a better gun almost every mission so you're switching tacticts, you get to experiment, it keeps shit spicy. Also the missions where you get to slice and dice or wield that hammer were awesome.

Getting it as the complete package is the way to go though
>>
>>330092174
>anyone who doesn't like the game is part of the hivemind

Commit sudoku my man
>>
>>330093397
Literally the taken king season pass included:
>House of Wolves
>Crota raid (dark below was it's name I belive)
>Obviously the taken king
>this light increase thing that is supposed to come out soon maybe
>a the final expansion before they release destiny 2

So in other words this season pass includes one expanison. Because let's be honest them including house of wolves and the crota raid is a fucking joke since that shit is useless with the taken king. And them including this light increase is a
Joke as well since we all know damn well they are just going to be increasing the level of the old raid content.
>>
>>330090909
/v/ defends Halo.

Fucking Halo.

Of course they're going to defend this shitstain, /v/ has been taken over by the very casuals it sought to keep out.
>>
>>330094003
Did you start playing with The Taken King?
>>
>>330094003
This, gunplay in the game is amazing and the weapon variety is great.
>>
>>330094134
>/v/ defends Halo.
/v/ has ALWAYS had a notable section that adores Halo since the board was created. There have been nightly Halo threads since /v/'s inception.
>>
>>330094084
No, it's not about those who simply dislike it. It's about those who scream as loud as possible upon the release of every big title game in hopes of it failing as spectacularly as The Old Republic did. Those people on /v/ can ram a lit stick of dynamite up their own ass.
>>
>>330091409
While I will admit TTK was a step in the right direction with its missions and the raid being a slight improvement over the dark below. I will still say it has the fundamental flaw of not having enough content worth playing. End game there is just not enough to do.
>>
File: 1448943881138.gif (1 MB, 294x350) Image search: [Google]
1448943881138.gif
1 MB, 294x350
>been playing Destiny since vanilla
>finally got Suros Regime from Xur last week

Fucking glorious
>>
>>330094269
I did, I picked it up the legendary taken king edition when it was on sale a while back.
>>
>>330094512
It took you a year and a half to get a gun that literally everyone has? Are you retarded? I played the game for less than a month at release and got one. Fuck you.
>>
>>330094512
>>330094680
Yeahhh. That's pretty bad. You must not play too much or something cause it is not that hard to get guns in this game
>>
>>330090909
So far I like the idea of it. But it hasn't come out yet. From what I've heard there's a lot of shit to explore.
>secret alien monoliths on every planet.
>gives you dialogue options translating it.
>if you figure out monoliths you get a special reward.
>planets are as big as real planets.
>space pirates try to kill you.
>dogfights
>weapons

I just want it as a time sink. There's still a lot I don't know about the game.
>>
>>330094512
Congrats mate. I have every exotic except Ice Breaker. Fucking hate this game
>>
The multiplayer for this game is the first genuine 0/10 FPS experience I've been in
>Y-you're just bad!
Maybe for now, give me an hour to adjust to the current broken meta
What's the latest "totally working as intended" thing? Laser scout rifles? Snipers? Shotguns stilll?
This game is a joke
>>
File: 1454903801689.jpg (523 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
1454903801689.jpg
523 KB, 2400x2400
>>330094781
wot
>>
>>330094941
I agree actually. That's one of the big problems with this game. Thereason is not enough PvE content worth doing in this game. The raid gets fucking boring to do 3 times week in and week out. So you'd think that the people who made fucking halo would easily have their PvP to fall back on. But nope. If you want to play a shooter online against other people there are so many other shooters that are better in that regard that it too is pointless in this game.
>>
>>330095161
There is not enough***

Fucking phone
>>
>>330094746
I only really play crucible, and getting strange coins was rare as hell until TK came out so I never got many exotics.
>>
>>330094393
>No, it's not about those who simply dislike it
No that's exactly what it is. You've created a boogeyman out of hyperbole that you blame for (ironically) being hyporbolic.

Also the scapegoating of Tortanic meme is really getting old. People were shitposting about games (especially MMOs) on /v/ before le ebin tortanic, and it's become a massive scapegoat for anyone who dissents against any hyped up game ever on modern /v/
>>
>>330091042
>owning a gaming PC
>sits on it shit-talking consoles and watching youtube videos
You must be a miserable person.
>>
>>330095392
>Also the scapegoating of Tortanic meme is really getting old.
Something growing old is not the same as being untrue. Some people on /v/ believe they can make a game fail if they gather a large enough group of people to shitpost about it here. They crave that false sense of power over the industry and the fans of it. TOR was destined to be quite a failure a long time before release. Al the signs were in place long before people played it. Some people didn't understand why the game flopped and incorrectly placed the credit on /v/'s shitposting. People can Dislike Destiny all they want on a personal level, but if you think joining a shitpost hivemind will cause a game to fail, then there's a problem with the way you think. These are the people I dislike.
>>
>>330094941
>>330095161
>tfw destiny has elo

Wtf we league now?
>>
THIS GAME IS SHIT GET IT OFF MY /v/!!!
>>
>>330092975
I think thats why theres such a bad rep for it
I never followed the hype so I took it for what it was, pretty decent
>>
>>330095907
>Something growing old is not the same as being untrue.

The thing is it really isn't true. The whole Tortanic meme has become a fallacy that fanboys use as a scapegoat to discredit any dissent over games they like, especially ones that haven't released yet and are still in the hype phase. There was never any coordinated shitposting to get Destiny to fail, there is no shitpost hivemind, you are not being oppressed, /v/ isn't trying to exert power over the fans of games you like.

>Some people didn't understand why the game flopped and incorrectly placed the credit on /v/'s shitposting
This is what I'm talking about. People like you genuinely think that people hate Destiny because they're trying to create another "tortanic", when really it's just people who genuinely dislike the game and shitposters triyng to rile people up for reactions (this happens on both sides by the way)
>>
>>330090909
its poorly balanced schlock and the fact that they are considering a 2 is depressing
>>
>>330097176
Kek then you may find it even more disappointing that they already also have a 3rd planned after the 2nd
>>
>>330096279
I AM SILLY!!!
>>
>>330097308
I'm well aware of their amazing TEN YEAR PLAN
I'm more interested to see how long they continue with it
probably will be able to since they keep adding microtransactions and the fan bases eat it up
>>
>>330097164
Things have cooled off now and you'll get perfectly reasonable people explaining that they just don't like destiny. And that's OK. But I'm done. You're clearly unwilling to look back on the mass pointless hyperbole and shitposting that surrounded Destiny (and many other games) for the longest time.
>>
I absolutely love the art direction. I'm mad it's being wasted on Destiny
>>
>>330097392
Nigga your post IS pointless hyperbole. You're literally crying over negative reactions to Destiny.
>>
A shit version of Warframe.
>>
File: 1439832699620s.jpg (2 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
1439832699620s.jpg
2 KB, 109x125
>>330095443
>
>>
>>330097504
at least destiny has an endgame
>>
>>330097990
you're retarded if you don't think warframe has endgame. raids? 1hour+ t4s? sorties? get the fuck outta here and git gud.
>>
>>330097990
What is the endgame? Running the same raid 3 times a week over and over again?
>>
>>330098468
and iron banner and trials of osiris
>>
I enjoyed it in Year One. The first three months of the game were fun, when nobody had anything and it still had some resemblance to Halo in how the multiplayer worked. The Pike and the Chariot both kind of reminded me of upgraded/remixed versions of Halo vehicles, so it felt familiar enough while still being kind of different.

Now you can't even play on the maps with vehicles without going into Combined Arms, and I don't think they make big maps anymore. Just tiny, arena based maps structured around whatever shitty gun meta exists at the time.
>>
>>330092121
One stat Can be addictive to a console toddler
>>
>>330092975
Marketing budget was higher than developement.
>>
File: IMG_20150724_161637.jpg (182 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150724_161637.jpg
182 KB, 1024x576
>>330094512

>Do VoG a week before TTK comes out.
>YES! A Gjallarhorn, FUCKING FINALLY!
>TTK comes out.
>Into the trash

THANKS BUNGIE.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.