[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best games to play if I want to be a mighty paladin,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 3542fe3.jpg (249 KB, 1170x780) Image search: [Google]
3542fe3.jpg
249 KB, 1170x780
What are the best games to play if I want to be a mighty paladin, smiting evil and coming to the aid of the cowering masses?
>>
File: 1370296049323.jpg (325 KB, 454x1578) Image search: [Google]
1370296049323.jpg
325 KB, 454x1578
Most WRPGs if they know what's good for em
>>
>>330072752
Diablo II I guess.
>>
Diablo 2 is your only decent choice, without your character getting corrupted or lose their Alignment bullshit
>>
>>330073239
>>330073391
Not really a paladin but Diablo 3's Crusader scratches a lot of the same itch without going into edgy emo 'anti-paladin' territory. Some of their combat dialogue is absolutely righteous-boner inducing.

That's of course ignoring D3's various faults over D2.
>>
>>330072752
You can play a Souls game and slaughter demons while wearing plate mail and blasting undead filth with miracles.
>>
File: howard-pyle_king-arthur_12.jpg (439 KB, 1488x1279) Image search: [Google]
howard-pyle_king-arthur_12.jpg
439 KB, 1488x1279
>>330073880
what kind of build familia?
>>
>>330075000
Depends on which game, I'd argue Demon's Souls is the best for Paladin roleplaying. Funny you should make this thread because I too was recently thinking about playing some games as a Paladin and I looked up a couple Paladin builds for Des.
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-builds:13
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-builds:160
>>
File: Storm_of_Zehir.jpg (36 KB, 256x362) Image search: [Google]
Storm_of_Zehir.jpg
36 KB, 256x362
D&D games in general but in this game playing a paladin gives you unique choices entirely specific to your class
>>
>>330073530

the diablo 3 crusader is absolutely a paladin in archtype, they just aren't an official paladin by title in the diablo universe because they don't belong to the order.

In terms of being an ACTUAL paladin, they're probably even closer to it than the paladin order which were extremely vulnerable to corruption.
>>
>>330073391
>>330073239

>Nigger Paladin.

Sorry, I'd rather let the forces of hell win this one.
>>
>>330076314

>not knowing righteousness is a seed planted in all human beings

plebians all around
>>
I've been having a lot of funs doing a paladin run in dark souls.

+10 divine hammer, Sanctus, all the miracles, joining the sunbros covenant for that sweet lighting, and using Grant when shit hits the fan or when dealing with 4kids
>>
File: Skeletons are dumb.jpg (210 KB, 778x1104) Image search: [Google]
Skeletons are dumb.jpg
210 KB, 778x1104
Darkest Dungeon's Crusader is pretty much a paladin through and through. Deals extra damage to undead, heals and lifts the spirits of his companions with righteousness, and sends the foul scum with holy scrolls.

The Vestal and Leper are also his bros in your righteous quest.
>>
>>330076140
>>330073530

BURN IN THE LIGHT

I didn't play much D3 but most of what I did play was as a Crusader and I fucking loved how much it captured everything I enjoy about the paladin sort of character while ditching most of the stuff I don't. Crusaders were fucking made for me.
>>
>>330076676

>neets

>possible to see the light
>>
>>330072752
Divinity original sin
>>
>>330073119
Righteous
>>
>>330073239
>black paladin

Kek
>>
>>330076748
inquisition rekts shit

Good taste
>>
>>330075936
Really? I've never played Storms of Zehir. What's so special about Paladin in it?
>>
>>330077724
It's not Paladin in specific, it's a game like Icewind Dale where you make your entire party (there are companions to recruit too if you want), but what puts it WAAAY above IWD in terms of actual roleplaying is that in conversations, the different classes in your party have some kind of input. Like say you have the classic RPG party of the fighter, the wizard, the rogue and the paladin. You talk to somebody about whatever and you see a little icon on the party's portraits, when you click on them you see they have unique dialogue you can choose, like the wizard who has arcane lore might be able to tell if somebody is lying about a magical item, the rogue might know about thieving shit, a ranger might know about a monster or animal, etc.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.