[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Left 4 Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: L4D.jpg (163 KB, 596x380) Image search: [Google]
L4D.jpg
163 KB, 596x380
Left 4 Dead is considered best zombie game by some of /v/. Anyone got something better? I don't mind the game, but to me, it is not enough micromanaging autism in it to keep me entertained for long.
Also, is the second one better? Are there any hopes at all that third will be made?
>>
>>330059128

If you like zombies and micromanaging autism, you might like Dead State. It's a completely different genre than Left 4 Dead, of course.

The sequel is generally considered the better game, especially since all of the first game's content is available within it.
>>
State of Decay is pretty fun and really more of a 'zombie' game than L4D
>>
Killing Floor
>>
>>330060630
>inb4 they are not zombies.
They are specimen.
>>
>>330060227
>Dead State

Did the big overhaul make the game any better?
>>
>>330059128
Rebuild

It's a series of flash games (though the third is on Steam)

It's more about managing survivors and resources in the zombie world rather than just going out there and blasting zombies in the face with a 12 gauge though
>>
No zombie game can beat L4D. The atmosphere in that game is top fucking notch. Every year or so I go to the wiki and read all the graffiti just for the chills down my spine. Good shit.
>>
Bumperino.
>>
If any of you like/can handle Early Access:

7 Days to Die
Project Zomboid

I liked Contagion too.
>>
>>330062023
7 Days to Die runs like ass for no reason
>>
>>330061123
Incorrect.

REmake is better.
>>
>>330060885
Zeds
Z
Zombies
But yeah, kinda failed experiments
>>
hey so uh you guys like zombie games maybe u would like to go and play on my minecraft server :))
>>
State of Decay is pretty fun.
>>
>>330063284
>7 Days to Die runs like ass for no reason
I didn't really get in-to the game at all. Maybe once it is done. Right now I just walked around and got eaten by a zombie dog.
At least in Contagion you can get infected.
>>330063380
REmake? Which one?
>>330063538
Does it run okay?
>>
>>330063720
State of Decay ran great for me for a while and then suddenly ran at 20 FPS for the rest of the game
>>
>>330063720
Its not too bad. gameplay is what sells it, not graphics. You will either think its amazing or a pile of shit to be honest.
>>
>>330063881
Hope they fixed it in the super-awesome-edition or whatever the fuck they call it now.
>>330063951
So, like STALKER games. Hate/Love. Nothing in between.
>>
>>330059128
Project Zomboid is the best one out there (apart from CDDA) with the whole survival thing.
>>
>>330061018

Not sure. I only played it the one time. I don't even know if it was before or after the overhaul.
>>
when the FUCK

are they going to fix the server searching

mother fucker I just want to find specific servers
>>
>>330059128
For the record, if you actually had autism then chances are you'd enjoy less micromanaging and more repetition. Source: somebody who does
>>330067174
At this point I kinda doubt Valve will fix it, seeing that they already ended official dedicated server support for L4D1 (which is why trying to connect to an official server does nothing). I don't know if there's an equivalent for L4D1, but at the very least, there's a legacy server browser mod or two for L4D2:
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/6357
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.