[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /v/ I need your advice I'm 10 hours into P3FES and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: p3fes.jpg (71 KB, 640x904) Image search: [Google]
p3fes.jpg
71 KB, 640x904
Alright /v/ I need your advice
I'm 10 hours into P3FES and I plan on playing Persona 4 after
I like FES but I've been wanting to play the Metal Gear series since I recently got the HD collection on the PS3 and they seem really fun
I don't get a lot of time to play vidya right now so I feel the MG series would be better right now since the games are shorter
So should I finish P3 and P4 first, or play the MG series?
>>
>>330058909
Play MGS3 on PS2, the HD version has certain features (rain) borked.
>>
>>330058909
play MGS3 then P3, the rest is up to you.
>>
MGS games are verbal diarrhea with incomprehensible plots with only Kingdom Hearts topping it in sheer retardation. Persona games, on the other hand, have a good story with engaging characters that you can actually relate to.

Keep playing P3 and play P4, then I guess play MGS if you want,
>>
>>330059798
>guize look at me I am a special snowflake
>playing mgs for the story
You couldn't have made yourself look like a bigger faggot even if you tried. wew lad.
>>
>>330058909
MGS would save you a lot more time. Go through MGS, and then take your time on P3 and P4. They are both long games.
>>
>>330058909
If you wanna make the change, do proceed. MGS doesn't need grinding. You'll feel you've progressed through the series faster. P3 and P4 have the grind syndrome that almost every JRPG tend to have. I'm not saying that it's bad, but when there's about to be a boss fight, that is when your character stats/lvl begins to matter. That's when the seemingly endless grinding occur.
>>
>>330059994
Right, because MGS's gameplay is so mind-blowingly original that it warrants being played just for that. Maybe MGS1 you can claim that for due to innovation, but MGS2+ you can fuck off.

Persona and MGS both have mind-numbingly generic gameplay and their biggest selling points are their narratives, in which case Persona annihilates MGS.
>>
>>330058909
Just consider the fact that persona 3 is like 80 hours long.
>>
>>330059998
Persona 4 was a lot shorter than persona 3fes
>>
>>330059351
Don't listen to this guy. Frame-rate is a million times better on PS3 and easily the best version of the game, even if its missing some neat bonus stuff.

>>330058909
Play through P3 and then play the MGS games. Skip Peace Walker when you get to it and play P4.
>>
>>330058909
The ADD generation.
>>
>>330058909
just make sure you play the MGS games in RELEASE ORDER, starting with MGS1.

Finish what you started first though
>>
>>330058909
Finish P3, then tackle a Metal Gear game or two, then start on P4.

Or at least alternate on P3 and whatever MGS game you play at the time. You'll get frustrated at least once while playing it so it's good to have something else to play since RNG and shitty AI can really hinder the game at times.
>>
File: ocelot.jpg (1 MB, 1737x2600) Image search: [Google]
ocelot.jpg
1 MB, 1737x2600
>>330058909
Both Persona 3 and 4 are some of my favorites, but Metal Gear Solid 3 is, personally, my favorite game of all time.
If you really have to pick I'd say to go through the MGS series. Play them in release order.

If you can, though, alternate between P3/4 and Metal Gear. Both series are worth your time.
>>
>>330058909
Play MGS. I prefer Persona I guess (apples and oranges) but Metal Gear works better for people under time constraints.

Also if you haven't been spoiled stay the fuck out of Persona threads.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.