[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poorfag and need help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: adassadsad.jpg (318 KB, 1500x419) Image search: [Google]
adassadsad.jpg
318 KB, 1500x419
Hello /v/

As the title says, i'm a poorfag, not in the meaning of that i can't afford to live decently, but i can't afford to have nice stuff AND live decently. Even though i'd say i live really well, truth be told i have a very very tight budget to buy stuff I like apart from the stuff I need.

So, i've saved up to 400$ dollarydoos. And I was wondering if I should buy either a New 3DS or a PS4.

The 3DS offers me a well established (and free) library, while the PS4 is gonna last me much longer, like 5 or 6 more years, while also having a nice library. Problem is, i would have to buy the games. I wouldn't have too much time to play it though, since I spend most of my time on College and on Part time work.

What to do,/v/? i'm torn up.
>>
tl;dr
>>
>>330056978
Ps4 or 3DS
>>
3ds for free games retard
>>
>>330056901

You should try not being poor sometime.
>>
>>330056901
Ignore both of those and get a psp for like 50 bux and a 16-32gb sd.
A hacked psp is still the best handheld, bar none.

If you must choose between the two, get a 3ds and hack it.
>>
>>330056901
>3ds free library
if by this you mean you're going to use homebrew+cfw then yeah id get the 3ds, youll only have to buy a micro sd card, but even the 64gb go for 20-30 bucks at most

PS4 has no games dont bother
>>
3DS is cheaper, at least the standard one is. Don't know about the New one.
PS4 is more costly and the games are paid. Besides, 3DS is going to last a lot if you keep a good library and don't break it like a retard.
>>
get the 3ds. For everything else, pc.
>>
>>330056901
poor op is missing the tip of his thumbs
>>
>>330056901
Wii U.

Can hack the Wii mode easily to play all its previous games. Wii U hacking itself is starting to take off, too. Plus there's soke great exclusives even if /v/ likes to meme otherwise.
>>
>>330056901
3DS with the ps4 you are gonna be stuck with one game for a lot of time while on the 3ds you can pirate a bunch of them.
>>
>>330056901
3ds for now since you can pirate everything
>>
File: 1457290749707.jpg (175 KB, 730x770) Image search: [Google]
1457290749707.jpg
175 KB, 730x770
>>330056901
If you are a poorfag buying a ps4 would be a retarded decision.
The games are expensive, you have no way to pirate them and you even have to pay extra if you want to play online.
And even then there's not much to buy right now anyway, so most shit you get for it is gonna end up being a buying remorse.
Get a 3DS and hack that bitch.
>>
3DS no contest, way cheaper and everything's pirateable. Plus it's really comfy.
>>
>>330056901
3DS for a tight budget definitely, it has some great games which will keep you occupied for a long long time except if you are a complete casual
>>
3DS and hack it obviously.
>>
File: Bloodborne Old Hunter.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Old Hunter.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
As a sonygger, taking into account your financial situation, go with the 3ds, wait until the end of the year to get a ps4.

Disregard people who say PS4 has no games, it dose it's just not cheap and wouldn't work in your situation yet or be worth it.
>>
3DS. Since everything is free you'll have plenty of games to play for awhile and it seems to fit into your portable lifestyle more.

PS4 would be a decent choice if you could find a couple games that you're confident you would sink a lot of time into, but like you said if this isnt the case it wont be poorfag friendly as youll constantly need to buy more software
>>
If you're a poorfag, get a 3DS amd install CFW on it. The library is better, too.
>>
Do you have a PC to play multiplats?

If you don't the usefulness of a PS4 improves 10fold.

If you're prepared to use it as a main driver to play the multplats like DS3 and the exclusives like r&c and Uncharted then its good value. I do that.

It really depends on that, if you have a PC for multiplats already, go with the 3DS and get a PS4 later.

The funny thing is, the 3DS non-piracy route would be more expensive than getting a PS4 since the games cost so much. You can pick up many PS4 games a few months later for like $20, Nintendo games don't drop in price
>>
>>330056901
3DS
you'll save money and have more games you can actually play right now and in the future compared to blowing all the cash on PS4
>>
PS4. Find one used for 200$, get a year of PSplus for 50 and use the remainder of the 150 for games on sale. Theres quite a bit of games for less than 20 dollars now and f2p stuff on ps4. Not to mention ps4 can do quite a bit more than a 3ds.

Ps4 might be a new console, but you dont have to spend thousands to enjoy it.
>>
>>330056901
You're in college anon
I made this mistake and now I'm trying to help you
So listen
Ready?

Drop video games

If you're trying to better yourself, just drop them, use the time for studying/socializing.
You're standing at the gates of normie life and you actually want to turn around into the streets of NEET town?

Run from this life anon, run while you can.
>>
>>330059246
>implying there's anything worthwhile enough in normie life to drop videogames
>>
File: 80c.jpg (64 KB, 600x591) Image search: [Google]
80c.jpg
64 KB, 600x591
>>330059246
>>
Thanks m8s, even though the PS4 is the console of the future now, the 3ds seems to be the choice.

>>330059246

People can and will let you down and dissappoint you.

Vidya may dissappoint you, but it will always be there for you
>>
File: 1456706503747.jpg (52 KB, 418x238) Image search: [Google]
1456706503747.jpg
52 KB, 418x238
3ds
>Free 3ds games and ds games with respective flashcarts
>Emulators
>Portable
>Free online
>Sd cards are cheap as fuck
Ps4
>60 dollars per game
>60 dollars yearly psplus
>Have to shell out much more if you want more space because hdd
>No games
>No emulators/homebrew
What a tough choice
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.