[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gwyn was a disappointment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: sc002.jpg (378 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sc002.jpg
378 KB, 1920x1080
So that's it?
Should I light this stupid bonfire or just leave?
>>
Tortilla
>>
>>330040959
That's the point, idiot.
>>
>>330040959
Light the fire, goy.
>>
File: lehappyserpent.png (15 KB, 609x585) Image search: [Google]
lehappyserpent.png
15 KB, 609x585
>>330042202
>>
Why does everyone say it's disappointing?

I mean, sure it's not that special, but it's a decent boss fight. At least it's not one of those huge bosses you can just sidestep and hit in the back.
>>
>>330040959

Gwyn was supposed to be somewhat anti climactic.

FROM truly are masterful game designers, everything they do servers some kind of purpose or end.
>>
>>330040959
You parried him, didn't you?
You fucking faggot.
>>
>>330040959
>heavy armor
>shield

Your entire game must have been a disappointment.
>>
>>330042669
DEEPEST
>>
>>330042534
You can kill him in two hits.
>>
>>330043269
Then you must be a pretty good player. Congrats.
>>
>>330040959
>All that VIT

What's your SL? I'm betting you're sitting at 150 at least.
>>
File: image.jpg (376 KB, 1300x1039) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
376 KB, 1300x1039
Gwyn was designed to be easy on purpose. It was suppose to show that the state you fight him in is a shell of his former self.
>>
>>330043440
Ring of Favor and a VIT build can hit that much HP without much effort.
>>
>>330042719
When I first fought him I did it by instinct because I immediately recognized that Black Knight / Silver Knight three swing combo animation. it just happened. I fought so many of those damn Silver Knights trying to get that shield.
>>
>>330040959
>sorcery
>claymore

What?
>>
>>330043470
>It's meant to be a bad unsatisfying boss fight on purpose!
I'm just joking, I actually thought he was kind of fun even though it's not hard.
>>
My first playthrough was blind, and I had no idea you could parry him. I didn't even see the point in trying, because I tried with earlier human(oid) bosses, figured it was disabled against all bosses.
I circled around a pillar to find time to heal, it was pretty intense. Found out I could parry him on my second playthrough after I saw somebody mention it, and it felt fucking great to finish the fight that way.

I feel bad for people that had all the secrets and neat stuff ruined for them. You really do yourself a disservice by not playing these games blind.
>>
>>330043470
The graphics were designed to be shit on purpose. It was supposed to show you that the state of gaming is a shell of its former self.
>>
File: highimpact.jpg (63 KB, 476x492) Image search: [Google]
highimpact.jpg
63 KB, 476x492
>eat shit from Gwyn the first time
>I wonder if I can parry him
>oh I can parry him
>rekt Gwyn's shit
>>
>>330043269
Depends on your build, most people during their first time through will have trouble with Gwyn because their build is usually shit or mediocre, he can end up being way more intense that way

I hope you weren't looking up broken builds, because if that's the case, then if you found the boss fight disappointing it's more or less your own fault
>>
>>330043685
I don't get why people do it.

I mean, unless all your are interested in is the PVP, you are just ruining the game for yourself by using a guide. What is the point? Bragging rights for your reddit posts?
>>
>>330043579
You're a filthy liar.
>>
File: 34545658659.jpg (7 KB, 286x73) Image search: [Google]
34545658659.jpg
7 KB, 286x73
OK, done. Am I an asshole after this? I don't know, its fucking dark souls I want to be the bad guy/see the world burn to ashes

>>330042719
I'm fucking horrible at parrying. I just used a fire resist armor + Black Knight Shield, some dodges and I hit him when he tried to grab/kick me.
>>
>>330043797
>first time through
>full STR
>kill him in 4 strikes without ever getting hit
>second time
>full INT
>get fucked like 10 times

I still haven't parried him since I never play with a shield or those smaller dex weapons.
>>
You're a disappointment
>>
>>330043867
It baffles me. Everybody I suggested DeS to quit, then I suggested DaS and they used a guide, then quit, but used a guide for the entirety of DaS2, even following boss strategies. The biggest, and best part of these games comes from not knowing what is going to happen, or what to do. It's not like they wait to get stuck, they just use a guide as soon as they can, or watch a playthrough and ruin aspects of the game.
>>
>>330044057
Kinda and not really.

By lighting the fire you are continuing to draw out this doomed age and you are giving life to the cancer. By not doing it you are letting the nature take it's rightful place and enter into the era it was supposed to. The era of men. Though whether this era is better we don't know.

So you are kinda choosing between nature/men and gods/the status quo.
>>
File: 6578678789709.jpg (78 KB, 1345x171) Image search: [Google]
6578678789709.jpg
78 KB, 1345x171
>>330043440
Not even close anon.
I don't consider myself a good player tho
(yes i'm spaniard sorry about the language)
>>
>>330044251
I mean. I can understand using a guide or getting help from the more cryptic "what the hell do I do know" stuff, I've tried going almost everywhere, and maybe looking up some covenant stuff, but like, what is the fun in getting the Drake Sword for example?
>>
>>330044565
Did you like the game, Anon?
>>
>>330044434
Someone didn't do the Oolacile content.

It's not the era of men, it's the era of darkness.

Big difference.
>>
File: Blade_Edge_of_Darkness_box_art.jpg (155 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Blade_Edge_of_Darkness_box_art.jpg
155 KB, 1280x1280
>>330045281
I know that im late to the party, but I really enjoyed it. It remembered me some spaniard old game called blade the age of darkness.

I will try Sotfs now. Can I skip it if its shit? DS3 looks really nice.
>>
>>330045309
I did. Didn't that stuff take place years before the player becomes noticeable?
>>
>>330045949
yeah feel free to skip it if you don't enjoy it, you won't be missing much. it's a decent game no matter what everyone says.
>>
>>330046016
Yes it's far in the past.

The Abyss will also consume everything if left unchecked and the world will die because of it.

It was sort of ambiguous before the Oolacile content
Afterwards it is the definitive bad ending.
>>
Allant soul sucker move is still probably one of the most madman mechanics in a souls game.
>>
>>330046334
Will it? I mean. Manus is destroyed right? Only his fragments remains.
>>
>>330045949
The shittyness of Sotfs is overstated. Sure it's worse than DaS. But it's still a Souls game and has all the good stuff we come to love.
>>
>>330040959
Fucking hell OP, are you sure you have enough vitality?
>>
>>330047487
Manus daughters are succubus-like cunts who use sex to get power and fuck over kingdoms.
>>
>>330049256
But all that still happens in the Age of Fire, so the Dark Age wouldn't possibly change that much.
>>
>>330049403
Everyone hollow.
No life.
Nothing.
Just snakes.
Lack of disparity isn't good.
>>
>>330049480
Isn't the hollows coming from the fact that the Age of Fire has been going on for too long? I mean, if you break the cycle you might break the curse.

>Just snakes.
And you know. Humans.
>>
>>330049609
Rewatch the cinematic, it explicitly tells you what was before the fire, add snakes and probably hollows and you have what the world is without fire. They even call the dark lord lord of hollows.

>if you break the cycle you might break the curse.
Aldia was quite pessimistic in that regard, fire or dark, doesn't matter.
>>
>>330044565
>sorry about the language
stop doing that. literally nobody cares
>>
>>330049917
That was the age of ancients.
>>
>>330043470
>It was suppose to show that the state you fight him in is a shell of his former self.

Nah

You got that feeling much much bigger in Artoria's fight. That gone crazy decrepit injured look while still being a hard to beat motherfucker was well done.

Gwyn wasn't weak, it's just a poor moveset for a final boss and too many helps, starting with the arena pillars to summoning Solaire, parrying and the damage threshold stopping him. There are just too many ways to cheese him instead of fighting
>>
>>330040959
Gwyn was dying
>>
Lighting the flame is the good end because you finally get to die
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.