[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you pre-ordered your copy yet,/v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: 2709455-no-mans-sky-gallery-06.jpg (782 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
2709455-no-mans-sky-gallery-06.jpg
782 KB, 1919x1079
Have you pre-ordered your copy yet,/v/?
>>
Nah, worried it's gonna be like Starbound where the endless environments and creatures are just recolors of each other.

Exploring is nice and all, but when that's all there is to do in a game, I dunno man
>>
for what purpose, I don't need extra garbage

if I feel like it I'll just buy it at launch, otherwise wait for a sale
>>
>>330012053
looks like the mad max shill week
>>
I don't fall for trash hype.
>>
>>330012053

Not even going to pirate it. It does not interest me in the slightest. If I play another procedurally generated level sandbox game I'm going to put a gun in my mouth and rip my dick off.
>>
Release when?
>>
>>330013128
once they have enough pre-orders, if it doesn't seem like enough they'll delay it

so what are you waiting for
>>
Does this game have real multiplayer or not?
>>
>>330012053
>nothing to do the game
>procedural generated world
i expect tons of refunds on the first day
>>
>>330013317

Nope. Devs were straight dishonest about that

>the game universe is so big, you may never run into another player!

>there is no multiplayer period
>>
>>330013317
No. If you see something first you can name it in other players games but you can't fly to the same planet together and pal around with friends/random people. Shills will say you can, but the devs are really cagey about not confirming it and none of the promotional materials/website/steam page say multiplayer.
>>
>On GOG

Day 1 pirate

I'm sure it'll be fun for a week or so
>>
I'm more interested in how the game was made, than the game itself desu
>>
>>330013317
personally never asked for MP and hope it stays that way

if they have time to set that up, use it to add more variety
>>
>>330013478
>>330013492
>>330013616
Honestly the only thing that was appealing about this game was the possibility of multiplayer. Exploring with bros or being a space pirate waiting on planets to ambush players.

I never really kept up with info on the game but was always under the impression there was gonna be multiplayer.
>>
Looks like spacecraft mode of space engine, but with thin layers of minecraft and wing commander tacked on
>>
>Proceduraly generated

Ha ha, no.
>>
>Survival
>Procedurally generated
>Singleplayer
>Indie
>$60
I'll pass
Maybe if it were more like multiplayer space economics I'd think about it.
>>
You have to be retarded to buy this let alone pre order it.
>>
>>330012172
This. It's important to note that while it's neat to explore, we should also consider something that will keep us hooked on the game other than collecting random shit to progress nothing. Here's hoping they have something to keep us coming back.
>>
>exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated universe
fuck no
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
What's there not to like,bro?
>>
File: 1429931005054.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1429931005054.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>330012053
It's so funny how in every fucking thread there's people who actually expect this to be a GAME with CONTENT

It's made by a fucking indie team of 10 people you retards. It's going to be a procedurally generated walking simulator, where none of the things you explore have history or lore behind them. Or thought that was put into crafting those set pieces. It's literally minecraft without gameplay. But have fun scanning those procedurally generated plants you fucking cucks
>>
>>330012172
>exploring is nice and all

But there is nothing to explore, or to find.
It's procedurally generated. There will be no incentive to "investigate" any of the structures you find because there simly isn't anything more to them than them being generated from a random fucking seed.

I can't wait for the threads of all the butthurt people who expected an actual game
>>
>>330015902

This.

I think the only people that are genuinely interested in it are probably underage or are just now discovering that procedurally spawned things in games exist.
>>
>>330013081
>puts a gun in his mouth for no reason
>proceeds to vehemently tear off penis with sheer strength

absolute madman, can't be stopped, etc.
>>
File: 1424770138301.png (245 KB, 527x639) Image search: [Google]
1424770138301.png
245 KB, 527x639
Why would I preorder it?
Are they going to run out of downloads?

I can just buy it at release if I want to play it.
>>
>>330013839
Dude Mp is stupid
>>
My retarded friend barely found out about this game and thinks it looks "sick"

These are the kinds of people who will buy it on day one no questions asked
>>
File: 8678.jpg (21 KB, 450x326) Image search: [Google]
8678.jpg
21 KB, 450x326
>>330012053
>pre-ordering games
>2016

For what reason?
>>
>>330015671
For the love of God buy this poor man's game.
He can't even afford shoes right now.
>>
File: 1028312.jpg (79 KB, 750x709) Image search: [Google]
1028312.jpg
79 KB, 750x709
>>330012053
>60$ minecraft but with less content somehow
>preordering
>>
>>330016605

I wouldn't even call it that. It's not like any of it is voxel based and theres no building of stuff.
>>
>>330016393
Last game I preordered was Dark Souls since it came with an artbook and a digital soundtrack for no extra charge and Demon's Souls was great
>>
>>330016275
Explain?

Do you not have friends to chill with?
>>
Yes i did op
>>
The game reminds me a lot of Evochron Mercenary / Legacy, and those games are kind of cool, but what really lets them down is that their general interface is really basic (as in it looks like a web browser), and the art assets and world assets all look very, very rudimentary or smudged. It's not a great looking game.

But what's cool about the Evochron games is that you fly through space, see cool planets, and can fly down to them while having to manage your resources.

No Man's Sky looks like it fixes the problem of the game looking ugly, and also adds things to do outside of your ship when you're on a planet. I think it probably lacks the inertial simulation, which is maybe a slight bummer because that stuff is neat, but it isn't wholly required. It looks like an overall better package to me.

Considering both are indie games, and they have such discrepancies, I can see why NMS would be $60 and EL would be $25.

For anyone bitching about the price, I'd tell them to pick up Evochron Legacy and give that a play. It's a good game, fairly new, a bit rough around the edges, but it's being continually updated.
>>
Why do people say Multiplayer is stupid for this game?

It doesn't even have to be MMO-like or PvP just let me explore with my friends.
>>
>>330017193
>just let me explore with my friends.

That's the thing though. You can't
lmao
>>
>>330012053
why is this game has a normal indie game price in other countries?
>>
File: Guybrush The Wise.jpg (162 KB, 879x670) Image search: [Google]
Guybrush The Wise.jpg
162 KB, 879x670
>>330012053
>>
>>330017405
forgot link https://steamdb.info/app/275850/
>>
>>330017405
>>330017484
Aren't games always cheaper in those region, because software is so wildly pirated in those regions?
>>
>>330015671
I want to hold his feet
>>
I'm just looking forward to it releasing so I can see all the buyers remorse threads.The fact that it's at full retail price makes the tears even more delicious.
>>
>>330017883
compare it to other $60 games like the Divison https://steamdb.info/app/365590/, it has weird pricing on other countries
>>
>>330012053
choke on my dick, you shill.
>>
>>330018278
It seems pretty similar apart from a few countries, such as China.
>>
>>330016984
Not him, but multiplayer is shallow compared to singleplayer. With singleplayer, you have a set objective and can work at your own pace. Multiplayer requires you to go at the pace of everyone else. I want to take my time and explore and scan wildlife and fauna whereas everyone else will want to shoot and kill everything and not take in what the game offers.

Singleplayer>Multiplayer
Especially when you consider shit like CoD and MMO's.
>>
>>330012053
I'm gonna wait till the game is out and see what people think of it before I consider weather or not it's worth the price.

Right now, from what I've seen of it, it's still laking.
>>
the game is interesting but shit, it's a game with infinite possibilities yet all you do is scan the flora
>>
>>330012053
Nah, I'm going to wait a while and see. Hopefully they'll show some more content
>>
File: 1455650097796.jpg (57 KB, 780x890) Image search: [Google]
1455650097796.jpg
57 KB, 780x890
>>330012053
>preordering

Its like you enjoy being ripped off
>>
people are gona be hyped and then they find out its crap but to late you preordered it the only games worth preording are games you know are good cause u played the game that came befor it in the serise or there somthing u only get for preordering so not gona preorder untill i see some gameplay
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.