[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SF:V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
With the patch coming, what would you like to see balanced/tweaked?
>>
>>329986134

The balance is almost perfect right now.

What I would like to see tweaked is the online.

I want a real friends list, I want faster ranked matches, I want lobbies to not be so shitty and broken.

Just waiting for them to fix online and waiting for the DLC characters. Haven't really had fun playing so far because there isn't really any characters I enjoy to play.
>>
I just want more than one super move.
>>
i dont think they will balance the game with the Alex patch. capcom said they would probably only release one or two balance patches a yeart. we'll probably see one after the first six DLC characters are released.
>>
>>329986292
Who did you main in SF 4?
>>
>>329986292
I'm in the same boat, there is no one in the current cast that I really want to put the time into learning. I've been playing a lot of 3rd strike Alex on fightcade recently and I really like his kit so I'm hoping he doesn't get a drastic overhall, but even if he does I'm still thinking he's the character that's gonna get me to sink in the time to get decent at the game.
>>
>>329986134

Make fang's vtrigger and poison more of a threat.
>>
Increase start up and whiff frames for grabs so its even riskier
>>
>>329986134
Fuck the patch, Just don't murder alex
Don't make him a joke because ono doesn't like him

;_;
>>
>>329987453

grabs are the slowest and shortest range they've ever been and you want to make them even worse?
>>
I want faster matchmaking and functional lobbies. When does the patch drop?
>>
File: alex shirt rip.gif (105 KB, 146x135) Image search: [Google]
alex shirt rip.gif
105 KB, 146x135
Just let me hear the Jazzy NYC remix.
>>
Gief can now combo SPD from Lk
There, game fixed.
>>
>>329987569
In a few days, sometime this week apparently
>>
i want to be able to play lobbies without my mate teleporting across the screen thanks
>>
>>329987569

you know what I hate? the fucking abysmal interface. it's like it's designed to be as slow as possible and you have to go through like 5 menus just to do anything

the amount of downtime between matches is at least a minute or two
>>
>>329986134
Just let me be able to have a character select screen in ranked, don't make me have to swap everytime. Kinda makes me not want to try anyone in casuals becsuse of the spur of the moment
>>
File: 1455600136407.gif (621 KB, 440x247) Image search: [Google]
1455600136407.gif
621 KB, 440x247
Dunno, Gief's s.HP sometimes whiffs through an opponent after they hit his armor. Example is when a Ken would lp.DP and hit my armor and my s.HP would then go through his waist. Hit wouldn't register ever.
Also some fighters need their recoveries nerfed(Bison, Ken)
>>
1. Don't fuck Alex up
2 Give Ken back all his combos he had from beta 2. You nerfed him for no reason and he is completely ass now. In a few ways, he actually becomes worse in his v-trigger state. You even nerfed him more right before beta 4 for literally no reason. WHAT?
3. Let Karin cancel into her v-trigger off of mujinkyakku and orochi
4 Get rid of the forced recovery on Ryu's parry if it confirms
5. Fix Laura's stupid fucking hair and all her quotes. Her intro doesn't even make sense.
6. Make Charlie's target combos -2 on block.
7. DON'T FUCK UP ALEX

Am I missing anything?
>>
>>329986134

Not having to constantly authenticate my arcade stick would be nice. Thankfully I think they're at least working on that.
>>
>>329988268
Dhalsim needs a slight nerf
>>
>>329986134
no balance tweaks for this year you homo
>>
>>329987546
Not slow enough when people can grab you even when you block their jump in
>>
File: bison-motm-stance.gif (10 KB, 94x88) Image search: [Google]
bison-motm-stance.gif
10 KB, 94x88
>>329986134
Chun and Nash need some adjustment or everyone else needs to be buffed to that level.

I wouldn't mind Necalli's overhead getting a range increase and his throws being made to not be complete trash.

Gief needs something big, maybe a force stand combo or give him combo back into EX SPD?

Some of Sim's advantage on block is retarded good (+13 on TK gale, really?)

I dont think Bipson being + on EX moves is really necessary, maybe neutral or -1 but + seems like overkill.
>>
>>329988452
Sounds like you are getting caught by a deep jump in and he is grabbing you out of block stun for a pseudo-frame trap. This is avoided a couple ways.
1. Learn how to fucking anti-air
2. neutral jump out of the block for a free punish of the wiffed grab
3. LEARN HOW TO FUCKING ANTI-AIR
>>
>>329988268
Nerf Chun's normals. She is 3s levels of fucking stupid again.
>>
>>329987546
Just because they're 5 frames doesn't mean they're bad. You have to realize that all the mechanics are connected. However, I'm not that anon and I don't want grabs to get nerfed. They're pretty good right now and should stay like this.
>>
>>329986134
>balance tweaks in less than a month
Are new fags thing shit? to scream for balance when people are still practicing in the lab?
>>
>>329988656
grab recov is so fast that they can dp you out of the air if you neutral jump but yeah, you guys gotta get your aa game down
>>
>>329988268
Ken sucks now xD
>>
SOMEBODY needs an overhead that can be linked off of. I felt like Karin should have been that character. Especially with them taking away her EX shoulder mixups. But I guess they are saving that for Dudley again?
>>
I main Bison and I think he is completely fine. His normals are great and I love his crush counters.

SHOW ME A DISCONNECT RATE
WHY DID YOU REMOVE THAT FROM 4
LET ME PUT REPLAYS ON A PLAYLIST THAT AUTOPLAYS
REMOVE SURVIVAL MODE AND GIVE ME ANOTHER WAY TO UNLOCK BISONS SWEET SWEET COLORS
MORE TAUNT ANIMATIONS
Also remove R Mika from the game.
>>
>>329989026
Nobody needs an overhead that links, especially not with the ez execution of V.
>>
>>329989028
They should just give you the colors for playing the character like in 4. This survival mode shit is dumb and nobody likes it.
>>
>>329989157
Dudley's overhead links in 4 weren't even hard. I had that down in an hour without plinking. And yea, certain characters really kind of do. Dudley, for example. With out that he really had no Oki and you would just be able to hold downback and crouch tech all day and there's nothing he could do about it. Cammy could probably use it. She doesn't even have an overhead and her mix-up game is lackluster. You can just hold downback against her and just jab her out of any of her mix-ups. There's nothing she can do about it.
>>
>>329989563
The point of an overhead is to open up your opponent and break their defense, not to get great damage. Cammy's got great walkspeed and framedata, the threat of her grabs to open the opponent uip is very real and scary.
>>
File: 1449332319096s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1449332319096s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>329989563
>demanding an overhead for cammy
>demanding an overhead that links into other shit for cammy
>>
something needs to be done about dhasim and chun.
>>
>>329988268
I don't want all the V Dash shenanigans back. I'd rather them give Ken some better hit boxes for neutral. What were the changes he got during the Beta to where he is now?
>>
>>329986134
>Left: Nicest guy you will ever meet
>Right: Twisted fucking psychopath
>>
>>329986134
Can we get hyper armour when Vega is travelling to his rose.
>>
>>329986134
Sf6 instead
Preferably on xbox too
>>
Show mw some knickers close up ir at least allow me to zoom in from different angles on the replay

Would make up for censorsing this shit, im pretty done though none of the ultras are visually gratifying
>>
I'd like Ken to have those hadouken throw with his feet like in Omega USF4. Just to set him apart from Ryu even more. Plus the two hit move would be nice for combos and stuff. Maybe just in trigger.
>>
it's too late to salvage this garbage. just start development on sf6 instead.
>>
>>329986134
Loading times..
Its like 10 mins for every fucking hour played is mostly loading
>>
>>329993593
Poorly memed. The base game is perfectly fine.
Its the lack of content thats shithouse.
>>
- Improve Zangief's V-Skill walk speed and the range of the hit. It's useless as is.
- Increase Zangief's V-Trigger range, it doesn't even serve it's intended purpose and it's only use is to combo into EX air SPD.
- Nerf Chun Li's normals since she's by far the best character.
- Buff Mika's V-Skill because it's literally a fucking taunt and you'll never get the damage increase in a real match.
>>
File: 1305856332661.jpg (27 KB, 350x468) Image search: [Google]
1305856332661.jpg
27 KB, 350x468
>/v/ discussing balance changes
>in a fighting game
>that's just been released
>before any majors have even happened
>>
>>329994184
I was more discussing things I would like added to my character. I really don't want them to mess with balancing too much right now because it feels pretty even for the most part. A couple characters feel like they have to work a bit more than others, but nothing is unfair.
>>
>>329994316
Dont bother, he shits up all fighting game threads.
>>
>>329994375
Who is he?
>>
>>329994413
samuel beckett
>>
>>329986134
Fang needs a link from s.lk that move is useless.
>>
>>329994413
guy who shits up all fighting game threads and always uses the same reaction images.
>>
>>329994504
>>329994575
At least now I know not to respond.
>>
Why does /v/ pretend to know anything about fighting games?
>>
>>329987570

3rd Strike's jazzy hip-hop soundtrack was my favourite.

I'm not too fussed at SF5's buttrock soundtrack -- anything is better than the electronic garbage that was 4's. Nothing wrong with electronic music, but 4 did electronic in the shittiest and most generic way possible.
>>
>>329986134
I want the game to die because its not good.
>>
>>329996134
casual please
>>
>>329996302
been playing fighting games for a long long time especially street fighter, and this is easily the worst sf game since sf1
>>
>>329996341
been playing fighting games for a long long time especially street fighter, and this is easily the best sf game since sf1
>>
>>329996341
casual PLEASE
>>
>>329996412
>I think SFV is good
the only casual here is you.
>>
>>329988573
Bison is already so fucking slow on the walk that ex moves being + makes sense for his punish game
>>
>>329986134
>balanced/tweaked

It's not a balance patch.
>>
>>329996536
casulo por favor
>>
>>329986134
Nothing, gameplay is great.

What they need to fix is everything BUT the gameplay
- no story/arcade mode
- SURVIVAL is retarded, encourages shitty play that doesn't work in real matches
- takes over a minute to start match after connecting
- takes over 40sec to do victory pose, pointless score screen, load back into menu to queue again.
- 8 player lobbies with voice comm
- no shop, can't buy hobo ryu skin
>>
>>329986134
Give me more taunts and I'll be happy
>>
The ONLY thing that needs to be done for the time being is punishing ragequitters
>>
>>329996958
this desu
there is no excuse for a 2d fighter to have these absurdly long load and waiting times for fucking everything
>start fight
>load
>prefight screen for 30s
>load
>fight over
>endscreen for 30s
>load

easily 2 to 3 minutes of load and idle time waste PER FIGHT
this shit gets annoying real quick
>>
>>329998138
>>
They aren't adjusting any characters just adding features/characters each month.

It was announced awhile ago they'll patch characters yearly.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.