[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dun goofed, /v/. I was trying to modify my Pokémon Emerald
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
I dun goofed, /v/.

I was trying to modify my Pokémon Emerald .sav file to get mystery gifts by using GBABackupTool.nds on my R4 but when I put the SD card in after copying the .nds file to a folder, the flashcart displayed "Error" with a red angry face.

As far as I know, this R4 may be a pirate one because it has a screw on the back or some shit but I've had it since 2010 and it's the first time it has had an issue.

Wat do?

If I put the cartridge without the SD card in, it says "Loading", so can I have some hope that it's just a corrupted file and not the flashcart dying?

I know they're cheap but I don't want to drive 12 miles to get another one.
>>
Pic related.
>>
>>329945914
12 miles is just 12 minutes if you drive really fast.
>>
Twelve miles isn't a lot.
>>
>>329945941
but on a serious note, it looks like a bad micro sd card.
>>
>>329947046
>>329947138
The point is that I don't want to go out right now.

>>329947295
Aw shiet, I thought it was a folder but it actually looks like a micro SD. So it's only corrupted files?
>>
>>329947295
>it looks like a bad micro sd card.
>So it's only corrupted files?

Sorry, my bad. I read it as a "mad micro sd card" and I thought you were joking.

Fuck this gay earth. I don't have another micro SD. I swear it was working two minutes before it happened, how can it be the SD?
>>
>>329947447
could be corrupted files. Try another Micro Sd card as well.
>>
>>329947637
plug the sd card in your pc, and see if the fix it option comes up. Believe it or not that has helped me out before. Its sort of like the " Have you tried turning it off and on" pc trick.
>>
>>329945914
Does this shit happen with other ROMs too or just the one you modified?

>>329947447
>The point is that I don't want to go out right now.
You poor fucking thing.
>>
>>329947764
I use Mac, it doesn't say anything when I plug it in. I'll try with Windows in a virtual machine, gimme a minute.

>>329947780
It happens before it gives me the option to choose a Rom. In other words, it won't let me enter the menu.

>You poor fucking thing.
I'm sick, I can't go out. I just wanted to play some Pokémon to make this a little more bearable.
>>
>>329947764
Nothing came up when I plugged the SD card, I just formatted it.
>>
>>329948062
You are fucked.
IT seems to be the sd card
If it works in your pc, backup everything asap
Then reformat it and retry.
>>
>>329949219
I always keep a backup of my DS games.

I put a fresh kernel and it kind of worked but now I'm stuck with this ugly theme and annoying 15 second music loop.
>>
>>329949771
Now then add everything from your backup slowly, maybe you can find out what is fucking the thing up.
First add all the roms without saves.
>>
>>329950252
I'm thinking about starting from scratch. I have all my games and saves in a hard drive and I needed to delete some of them because it's only a 4gb SD anyways.

But how do I change this theme and disable this fucking background music?
>>
>>329950507
Dunno
I have an original r4 unlike you so I have no idea
Go to their website and see if they have skins or some shit
>>
>DS lite
>R4
>Drive 12 miles
>R4 being sold in a store
>Only has one SD card
What shit hole do you hail from?
>>
>>329951654
Beanerland A.K.A. Mexico

Lemme explain though:

>DS Lite
I need the GBA Slot. I'd be using my New3DS if I could.
>R4
I used to only buy Pokémon games when they came out. R4 to first try other DS games.
>Drive 12 miles
I said I'm sick, I won't get out of bed just for an R4.
>R4 being sold in a store
Here in Beanerland you can find from original games at lower prices to bootleg Gameboy cartridges at the same place if you know where to look for them
>Only has one SD card
I use hard drives for work and USBs for smaller stuff. I had a shitty iPhone before switching to Android so no need for Micro SD's until now.

But yeah, this place is a shithole, I won't argue about that.
>>
>>329951654
You couldn't tell by the keyboard?
>>329952907
I don't blame you for not wanting to go out and spend money on something if you can find a solution otherwise. Alas, I have no expertise, but have a bump
>>
Okay so I ran the program on the R4 and got my Pokémon Emerald .sav

I'm trying to run the Rom on VBA. Any idea why it gets stuck like this?
>>
>>329945914
blow some air, or use canned air into the SD slot, mine got a bunch of crud on the pins and would give me an error every once in a while.
>>
>>329954525
You have to convert the save
>>
Okay I got the Rom generated from my cartridge running.

Guess who's getting all the old Mystery Gifts now?

This just saved me $70+Shipping for a GameShark device. Thanks guys.
>>
>>329955412
Before this dies, did you fix the r4?
>>
>>329952907
>Here in Beanerland you can find from original games at lower prices to bootleg Gameboy cartridges at the same place if you know where to look for them

Frikiplaza right?
>>
>>329957306
Yep. See >>329949771
I just had to stick with the stupid elevator music and shitty theme, but it ran the GBA Backup tool just fine.

>>329957929
Fuck yeah nigga.
>>
File: ticked off.gif (904 KB, 245x329) Image search: [Google]
ticked off.gif
904 KB, 245x329
>>329955412
>not nicknaming your Pokemon
Do you have no compassion for your comrades?
>>
>>329958278
Was a faggot when I was a kid, Ash didn't nickname his Pokémon, nor did I. If you pay attention that's the same team he had in Hoenn. Nostalgia reasons.

I still don't nickname them, unless I'm playing a Nuzlocke. I suck at nicknaming.
>>
>>329958495
>Be a nicknaming fag
>Playing Soul Silver, catch a Mareep
>Nickname her Ana
>Sometime later go out with a girl called Ana
>She destroys my heart
>Cannot use Ampharos anymore
>>
>>329959295
HAHAHAHA TAKE THAT SKINFAG
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.