[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we talk about how Dark Souls is actually the best game that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
ITT: we talk about how Dark Souls is actually the best game that was ever created.
I'll start.
>perfect leveling system
>no class restrictions at any point
>beautiful world
>original and challenging bosses (at least for the first few play throughs)
>seamless replay value
>incredible immersion in the story as long as you understand it. Also stupidly in depth.
>over 3,000 gameplay hours and I still play it regularly.
Thoughts?
>>
I'm not really into Dark Souls but god damn I love the architecture and map design of that game.
>>
>>329935370
>perfect leveling system
Not when resistance exists
>No class restrictions at any point
As in, you can clear the game with anything?
Sure.
>beautiful world
Not after AL
>original and challenging bosses for the first playtroughs
Sure, still too easily cheesable though.
>seamless replay value
Not really if you consider your previous point, it becomes beyond easy.
>incredible immersion in the story
Storytelling in souls is garbage, what are you smoking?

>incomplete second half
>bunch of recycled content
>extremely easy because lol magic lol poise
>retarded netcode
>gameplay is repetitive and somewhat shallow when you get the gist of it.
>>
>>329936760
There is only one loading screen regarding travel in the game, from sens fortress to Anor Londo. Best world.
>>
>>329935370
I agree. Dark Souls 1 is the best souls game by a mile and one best games ever made.
>>
>>329935370
Bloodborne did almost everything better, but Dark 1 was still great. I do think it has way too many flaws to be one the best games ever created.

Besides, nobody has the place to be judging something like that.
>>
>>329937278
Every item has a unique description, often including an obscure story element. We don't talk about Sorceries.
Class restrictions as in start as something end as something else if you change your mind.
It's beautiful, no contest.
>>
>>329937493
Also Undead Asylum and Firelink Shrine.
>>
>>329937824
BB wasn't bad, but I just didn't like it as much, mostly because of the slim equipment selection. But it is still good. It may just be nostalgia goggles for dark souls because I was in love with it when it came out, but I still stick with it as a favorite from the series. There are flaws, but to me, there's enough good things to compensate
>>
>>329938310
Ty mate, I stand corrected. Not sure how I forgot about that
>>
>>329937493
Oh, also what about Firelink to Kiln of the First Flame?
>>
>>329938715
FUCK and Painted World. And Oolacile.

Most of those are special areas, though.
>>
>>329938163
>we dont talk about sorceries
>we ignore flaws

Okay?
>>
>>329935370
Maps are pretty cool and the way the game loads new assets by having you run through a long corridor is great but other than that nothing spectacular
>>
>>329935370
I like Metroid Prime better. Dark Souls would be a close second.
>>
>>329935370
The best game to ever be created, as flawed as it is, Armored Core For Answer
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 382x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 382x452
>>329935370
Meme game in a rehash meme series
>>
Why do people have such immense nostalgia for Dark Souls? The combat isn't anything special, storytelling is honestly lazy, bosses are extremely weak and the second half is atrocious.

I feel like people think its better than the sum of its parts because of their first playtroughs. Ignoring flaws and pretending they're not there wont make them go away though.
>>
>>329939450
>The combat isn't anything special
It literally invented the "dark souls like" combat
>>
>>329939659
That doesn't mean the combat is anything special though. Its hilariously exploitable and downright broken with poise, magic, criticals and more.
>>
>terrible input lag on pc

How can anyone defend this?
>>
>>329939801
I have never experienced it
>>
>>329939450
What's wrong with having to piece the lore together yourself? To me it just adds more reason to keep playing. There's so much to learn.
>>
>>329935370
Demon's Souls is my personal favorite game of all time, but I recognize Dark Souls is the better game. Never had as much fun and been in such awe as I was with Dark Souls.
>>
>>329939659
>It literally invented backstab - the gameplay
I wish "souls-like" meme will die. This is just one series and If i would want to play it I will go back. I would rather have variety of combat systems in games
>>
>>329935370
The variety in weapons and armor always got my dick hard
>>
>>329942327
Hooked lien an sinkerino'd BB
>>
>>329937493
Ariamis?
>>
>>329935370
Hey guys can you reccomend a game that will give me the same feeling ds1 did

Don't say fucking ds2 or bloodborne
>>
>>329942746
Dragons Dogma
>>
>>329942583
Same
>>
>>329942746
>>329942890
Dragons dogma is fairly similar, I did enjoy it, but I wouldn't say it replicates the best parts of Ds. Tbh I wish I could just lose all memory of Dark Souls to play it again as a noob dying to Taurus 8 times.
>>
Its a game that respects the player. There is no handholding and, except for ____O&S on NG+ ___, every scenario the is entirely fair and manageable.
>>
>>329943147
True but it's a great game to play when you're getting sick of DS. I feel the same way though. Playing DS for the first time is an awesome experience.
>>
File: really nigga.jpg (10 KB, 212x186) Image search: [Google]
really nigga.jpg
10 KB, 212x186
>>329935370

>illusionary walls
>>
>>329939450

>Bosses are extremely weak

get out
>>
>>329943828
The best
Also >epic chests
>>
File: 1443133644917.gif (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1443133644917.gif
22 KB, 250x250
>>329939450
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>329943980
Fail green text
I'm new here
Pic related
>>
I just really like a lot of the decisions that were made by the devs in DaS1. You can level up, upgrade weapons (to a certain extent), and repair weapons at bonfires. The areas are all mostly connected, so they are many different ways to get to different places. And basically every area of the game is cool and fun to explore and fight in (except one or two). No warping until you earn it later on, and it only warps you to certain places. That forces you to explore and find the different way to go and just learn the world. Plus there a bunch of shortcuts you can make, so it's not that annoying.

I also feel like it had the best weapon upgrading. There's no pussyfooting around and it has the most fun and balanced progression.

Combat is great and never gets old to me. It's straight-forward, but not retarded like Skyrim. I really like how most weapons have different animations and movesets, which is a big reason why it's good.
>>
>>329944978
Well put
>>
>>329941548
you're a fucking faggot if you think dark souls is better than demons. god i hate you.
>>
>>329939450
this
its become the "cool" game to like, because if you don't, people accuse you of being "Casual", ignoring the fac tthat dark souls combat is sluggish, the bosses are generic and boring overlarge enemies, the music sucks, there's very little optional paths,etc.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.