[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the best Xenogears and why is it Bart (aside from being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
Who is the best Xenogears and why is it Bart (aside from being fucking broken)?
>>
Everyone's pretty sucky.

I like Citan and Bart so far.
Don't hate the others but I don't really care about them either.
>>
>>329931657
>I like Citan
This is a mistake you need to correct post-haste.
>>
>>329931514
Bart is lame in combat but a bro
Billy is good
Citan is a God
Fei is good
Emeralda is a God
Elly is good until emeralda
Maria sucks outside of a gear but her gear is fantastic
>>
>>329931827
I haven't finished the game

Does he betray?
>>
Drunkard Dad and his son were cool. I liked when his father turned into a bullet and he shot him out of a giant mecha gun
>>
>>329933231
No, but he's a huge cunt who's holding out on you.
>>
>>329933064
He may be lame, but that Wild Eye...
>>
>Bart
>broken
>best anything

Someone didnt get Citan in his party yet.
>>
>>329934978
See
>>329934773
Because I can't hear you over most of the bosses being unable to touch me.
>>
>>329933064
You forgot Rico and Chu-Chu
>>
Citan is the broken one.

The actual game isn't balanced worth a shit.

Especially if you had the forsight to buy that ether doubler during your first trip to nissan.

Holy shit that thing breaks just about every fight in the game.
>>
>>329933064
>but her gear is fantastic
Well up until everyone else gets Omnigears and they leave her and Siebzhen behind.
>>
>>329935290
Sorry
Rico sucks
Chu sucks
>>329935742
It's still pretty good even after that. It's not the best but it holds in there pretty well
>>
File: Opiomorph2.jpg (242 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
Opiomorph2.jpg
242 KB, 399x600
What's the best gear design and why is it Opiomorph?

Pretty much all the gear designs are god-tier though.
>>
>>329936275
Giant Robo: The Sevatgear
>>
>>329933064
what makes emeralda so good?

my mains were fei (obviously), bart and billy. i hate citan, that fucker.
>>
>>329936997
He magic is strong and multi-target

With an Ether Doubler she's crazy powerful.
>>
>>329936997
She's Elly+
>>
>>329931514
Fei is Fei, Gameplay wise pretty damn good.
Citan is a dick, gameplay wise he's one of the best and late game gets even better.
Elly is pretty cool but gameplay wise is only good with Ether
Bart's a bro but only good thing about him gameplay wise is Wild Smile.
Billy is okay in all aspects. Not bad but not amazing.
Maria sucks and only exists as the token loli. Her Gear is okay but not worth the time IMO
Rico sucks.
Emeralda is Elly 2.0 except she gets almost perfect level ups and has good Physical as well, and she's sanic fast too. Gets even better after she Grows up at the light house.
Chuthulu sucks unless you spend a shitton on stat boosters. Than she's basically the best Gear.
>>
>>329936997
Good Physical, Best Ether, good Speed, amazing level ups.
>>
>>329936997
Great level ups, good speed, good attacks, good magic, a good gear
>>
>>329936997
She's Elly, but with a decent speed stat.
>>
It's funny to me that Rico, Maria and Chu are the worst both in gameplay and story. Everything would be better if they were just gone.

Still not as bad as Xenosaga where Shion and chaos a shit and Momo is only bearable by being attached to Ziggy/becomes acceptable by episode 3.
>>
>Citan
>Get him very early on, is often a fixture of your party
>Highest base speed, basically gets two turns for every one that someone like Maria or Rico get
>Excellent growths, can easily be your strongest fighter 5 levels below everyone else
>Comes with healing magic
>Medicore normal gear
>Fucking excellent Omnigear especially with the Dancouga sword
>Is fucking unstoppable when he gets his sword

Did they even try to balance this game? The only reason not to use him is he's a lying prick that's been working for cain the whole time and lets you engage in cannibalism just to prove a point.
>>
>>329937694
those characters felt so out of place. i don't remember rico doing anything in the game after the prison arc, with his only significance being that one boss later on. maria and chuchu too, except they don't even have a significant moment after that one fight

billy's father was more significant to the plot than those 3 combined
>>
>>329937913
While the rest of the balance issues are obvious mistakes, I feel like that might have been intentional.

It's a little devil on your shoulder, do you put someone you hate on your team and make everything disgustingly easy, or do you gimp yourself to spite him?
>>
>>329938060
They existed for gameplay variety, just like the extended cast of Blade X. The problem with both games is most of those slot filling characters fucking suck anyway. Doug is the Rico of this gen.
>>
>>329933064
Elly's gear is great simply because Aerods

But of course You lose her like half way through the last disk forever so why bother?
>>
>>329939129
It's the shitty text/boss half, too.
>>
>>329937273
Shame Emeralda's age up is completely pointless stat wise since you've literally finished the last required on foot battle by the time you can do it, and most on foot stats are irrelevant to gear performance.

Man, I really wish the last disk had been better.
>>
>>329939210
Its also where like all the hard bosses are
>>
>>329931514
Bart is the most fun to use, even if least practical (seriously, slinging bosses around like toys is damn satisfying)

Citan is the best fighter and a cool guy

Fei is a neat protagonist with plenty of depth

Billy is the most fuckable and general best husubando of the game

You can't really go wrong with any of those four. The game isn't really hard enough to make Bart's shortcomings matter.
>>
>>329939887
>Billy is the most fuckable

You're a monster
>>
File: billy.jpg (79 KB, 674x850) Image search: [Google]
billy.jpg
79 KB, 674x850
>>329939887
>Billy is the most fuckable and general best husubando of the game

>there will never be a xenogears remake to get that sweet, sweet modern rabid fujo art

I hate looking for art of shit that wasn't even that popular in its heyday.
>>
>>329940315
>Liking fujoshit artstyle

Show some standards as a fag why dontcha?
>>
>>329939326
I'm surprised it didn't occur to them that they could compact the game a bit at the start before it was too late.

Considering how hard people's boners for this game are, I'm surprised there's no fan-made disc 2.
>>
>>329940563
Well how hard would it be to mod a ps1 game?
>>
>>329940670
To that extent? Very.
A complete fan remake would be easier.
>>
I would give up both of my testicles to have SquareEnix or Bamco to work on a true Xenogears sequel or spinoff

Live Action, it would work but it's going to take a long process to make it happen.

Remake, screw that shit
>>
File: 1429249144523.jpg (3 MB, 1535x2775) Image search: [Google]
1429249144523.jpg
3 MB, 1535x2775
>>329940559

When it's "rare" shit quality is off the table. Forgive me, anon.
>>
>>329934773
>eye
>>
>>329940315
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>329940804
Right but game requiring 3D RPG engines aren't as easy to make as throwing something together in RPG maker.

That's probably the main reason we haven't seen one. If we had a 3D RPG maker of some kind that magically managed to make throwing together a 3D RPG as RPG maker makes throwing together 2D RPGs we probably would have seen one.
>>
>>329941183
Better idea: have them give the rights to Monolith who would then do just that.

Xeno without Takahashi would not be Xeno.
>>
>>329938225
Honestly, I kinda loved how much of a fucking lying asshole he was.
>>
>>329942025
>Lies to you the whole game
>When Fei finds out he instantly forgives him
I wanted to punch him in the fucking face with my gear.
>>
>>329942213
Literally hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives would be better if Citan wasn't a cunt.
>>
I really like how Xenogears progressed.

Like I thought when I was first playing it that Ghraf and Ramsus were the antagonists, then the game just keeps opening up more and more and you realize they're both kinda just small fries in the grand scheme of things.

Also when you're first starting it's like in this strange fantasy world where people still fight with swords and use magic and live in fantasy villages and castles, but they also have dude with Guns and Giant robots, and as the game goes on all this seemingly out of place shit actually makes sense.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.