[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so horribly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: ouya.jpg (5 KB, 305x165) Image search: [Google]
ouya.jpg
5 KB, 305x165
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
>>329919221

this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY5yG2KyQfM
>>
File: ouya faggot.jpg (50 KB, 1079x312) Image search: [Google]
ouya faggot.jpg
50 KB, 1079x312
> There are /v/-tards who purchased one and is willing to defend it at all cost.
>>
>>329919384
Honestly
I laughed. Made my day
>>
File: you lost.png (489 KB, 569x661) Image search: [Google]
you lost.png
489 KB, 569x661
>>329919536
>2015
>>
>>329919221
I was about to make that thread.
>>
OH LOOK IT'S THIS THREAD ONE AGAIN

I CAN'T WAIT FOR RERUNS OF ANOTHER A DEAL'S A DEAL, GAKI NO YSUKAI, AND OUYA THREADS
>>
>>329919221
What's a good alternative to the Ouya? I want to emulate games on my Tv without having to plug my laptop in via HDMI.

Bonus points if it can support a PS4 controller.
>>
>>329920283
Android with mini hdmi
>>
>>329920441
Android what? There are a million different Tv boxes, should I go with an off-brand one?
>>
>>329919221
Not making Ouya powerful as a modern PC or console.
>>
>>329919384
Well, I know where that went to
https://youtu.be/vf_jmGaanuY
>>
>>329919221
>1000s of games
>None of them are actually good

It's like mobile gaming except I can't play it on the bus or the toilet. It's just the same shit games without the ability to play it where ever I want.

If I'm at home in front of my TV I'd rather play a console that has good games that aren't on the level of mobile shit.
>>
>>329921425
Ashens sucks now.

He used to be cool when he focused on reviewing shit, now he's an e-celeb collaborating reddit-tier le funny ironic movie making faggot.
>>
>>329920283
Why don't you just plug in your laptop?
It even has dualshock 4 support.
>>
>>329919221
Even I saw it was a pointless piece of shit since the day the Kickstarter started. It was obvious nobody was going to develop for it since it tried to appeal to this imaginary group of indie developers that had amazing game ideas but never developed for the PC because they only wanted to make games that were meant for the TV.
>>
I don't give a FUCK about the Ouya but Amazing Frog!? or whatever looks fun for an evening.
>>
>>329919221
Powered by Android and being dated even on release day. Your phone can do better.

>>329920283
I used a hacked Wii and it worked like a charm.
>>
>>329922464
Isn't that game just goat simulator before goat simulator existed?
>>
>>329922265
My setup doesn't really allow it, I don't have anywhere decent to put the laptop while it's plugged into the Tv.
>>
Towerall is the only good game and it's been ported to PC.
>>
It's just a very shitty Android device. Might as well buy a smartphone.
>>
>>329922082
But that's how ashens always was. Minus the collaborations.
>>
File: mattel hyperscan.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mattel hyperscan.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>329919221
>What went so horribly wrong?
They made the same mistake that every off-brand console maker makes; they thought there was a market for low priced gaming consoles. Nobody wants a one hundred dollar console that performs like shit because it's basically just a phone they shoved into a tiny box, they'd much rather spend the one time investment of four hundred dollars to get a console that works amazingly. It's not like a toaster, where there's plenty of people who'll buy the cheap model that'll toast the bread because they don't need preset timer automatic toasting and precise toast controls on each side of the bun. With consoles, it's extremely necessary to provide more then just the basic experience because they're by definition a luxury good, so nobody wants to buy the shitty offbrand cheap version.
>>
>>329919221
It requires fiber optic 1Gb/s internet connection and under 20ms ping to work.
>>
>>329919536
That guy is dumb PSTV can play P4G on TV, that's better than all of the OUYA alone.

I'm so happy I got my P4G TV system.

Playing a portable persona would feel weird.
>>
>>329919221
A woman was inchanrge of it.
>>
What would it take to transform any android device to a makeshift game console with HDTV cable, controllers etc?
>>
>>329925723
Look at this betafag trying his hardest defending his poor investment.
>>
>>329920283
>Computer /w Nvidia graphics card
>Nvidia shield k1 tablet /w mini hdmi and moonlight (works better than gamestream)
>Good 5ghz router
This is the best setup. You can stream any pc game and emulate anything and if rooted I'm sure it supports a ps4 controller as well.
>>
File: nexusae0_Ouya-Controller-1.jpg (255 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
nexusae0_Ouya-Controller-1.jpg
255 KB, 1600x1000
>>329919221
Horrible shitty controller with buttons that can stuck
>>
The idea to try to sell a home console with hardware that is beaten by an average smartphone in this day and age is retarded to begin with.

I guess that could have worked out anyway, though, if they had had any revolutionary game idea up their sleeves. They had not.
>>
Same thing with other Kickstarter projects; they thought having a good idea is 90% of the work.
>>
>>329928704
People thought that they can emulate gemes from other consoles on this
>>
>>329919221
people actually believed they could play Skyrim on this
>>
>>329929626
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that until the 4th generation, but anything past that is probably impossible, right?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.