[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this get such high reviews? I was bored all way through.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: undertale.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
undertale.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
How did this get such high reviews?

I was bored all way through.

Bad sound and very poor graphics/art.
Boring world / sets / setting.
The plot is simplistic. Nothing happens. Just, "walk to castle, lolsorandum shit happens along the way".
A shit bullet hell tacked onto a worse turn-based rpg

Honestly this is a poor game.
>>
Oh, I forgot the garbage puzzles.
>>
ITT: We review games that we never played
>>
File: Tekken 3.jpg (1 MB, 1436x1400) Image search: [Google]
Tekken 3.jpg
1 MB, 1436x1400
>>329918456
Guy on the box-art looks like a fuckin weeb.
0/10, would not recommend.
>>
>>329918456
>y-you probably didn't even play it!

Is this the only comeback you fags can come up with?
>>
Yeah, OP... about your opinion...
>>
>Old /v/ have interesting discussions about popular games

>Neo /v/ shit on anything that's remotely popular
>>
>>329918158
It's quirky, 4th wall breaking/meta, and requires a degree of lateral thinking for a pacifist run.
>>
>>329918158
>bad sound
way to ruin your bait
>>
>>329918747
>requires a degree of lateral thinking for a pacifist run.

It was just trial and error.

>>329918783
Saying that this game has good sound is an insult to older games that actually do have good sound.
>>
File: Lily_Carnation_True_Form.png (460 KB, 624x915) Image search: [Google]
Lily_Carnation_True_Form.png
460 KB, 624x915
>game was inspired by a one piece movie
DROPPED
>>
>bad sound

I didn't like undertale that much, but the music for it is very good. It was the only thing I really liked
>>
>>329919001
Why would you listen to that shit when you can listen to, for example, FFVI?
>>
>>329919190
>Listening to video game music outside of the game
>>
>>329918158
This game reeks of internet.
>>
>>329918871
What the fuck did you just say?
>>
It was highly critical of video games.

It was short

Both of these are very important to reviewers
They hate vidya and they don't have enough time to play a long game.
>>
>>329918158
I can agree with you that Undertale is certainly not what the reviews make it out to be, but it's also not as bad as you picture it. The music was good enough, even had a few memorable tracks. Art was just like in any similar indie game. The world and plot was rather bland, but then again it wasn't the main focus - the spotlight belonged to the characters and they were interesting enough to keep you playing. The game isn't horrible, just overhyped
>>
>contrarianism: the post
>>
>>329919541
So basically, icycalm was right and the artfags want to ruin video games?
>>
>>329918158
the game is as poor as the person who plays it
>>
>>329918158

Did you not research the game at all or something? If you disliked everything about the game it should've been obvious before even starting to play it.
>>
>>329920105
How is it contrarian not to like a game?
>>
>>329920110
Not all of them but there are some who really have a problem with videogames.
I don't know if the creator of undertale for example hates vidya. I don't know for example if he meant the game to be critical of rpgs and killing enemies in other games but that is how the entire undertale fandom and reviewers understood it.
>>
>>329918158
its nice to have a game like once in a while, its a nice change from the usual

the problem is, games like these get ruined by overhyping/spoilers so only the people who played it before it came a meme/popular actually enjoyed it

this creates a few different sides
a.)people who genuinely enjoyed the game
b.)people who were disappointed by it
c.)shitposters pretending to be a and/or b
d.)redditors defending the game for artistic value purely, despite possibly not even enjoying the game

in the end it was a solidly decent game that got memed into oblivion

it was decent, nothing more
>>
>>329919190

Because both of them have good soundtracks?
>>
muh feels
muh furries
>>
>>329919723
I don't think the characters or art were that good.

There are indie games out there with much better art, whether it's pixel art or something else.
I didn't find the characters outside of the skeletons, flowey and asgore to be that interesting. Undyne is a lesbian with anger issues who thinks anime is real, alphys is a self hating fat NEET-like character. Toriel just didn't have enough screen time

Even the characters I did like weren't that good. Papyrus is just a friendly guy, sans is a lazy guy who doesn't want to do anything until he absolutely has to

They're all very basic characters and if so ething about them makes you dislike them you'll never like a section involving them.
>>
File: lastofuss.jpg (588 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lastofuss.jpg
588 KB, 1280x720
>>329918456
Last of Us is an uninspired game that does not do many noteworthy things. The story is pretty much copy pasted from various zombie flicks over the years, the characters are dull, the soundtrack unmemorable, and it blows it's load early on.

It is obvious that they took a bunch of shortcuts in development. There are segments where you are supposed to be stealthy, but your partners run around like idiots without the enemies even noticing. I can appreciate it as a quality of life thing, but it really rips me out of the story which ruins the entire thing as a movie-like experience. They could have at least had the decency to have your partners take an alternate route where they would not be seen bumbling around like idiots in plain sight to give up your position.

It's pretty much Uncharted, zombie apocalypse edition. Which is cool if you like shallow, braindead experiences, but it's really not stimulating from a gameplay perspective.

I don't get why people raved about it so much a few years back. It's shit.
>>
File: laughingatthisfag.jpg (174 KB, 1015x701) Image search: [Google]
laughingatthisfag.jpg
174 KB, 1015x701
>bullet hell
WHAT? Anything that has bullets is a bullet hell now? Top Gun best bullet hell ever.
>>
>>329920431
It's contrarian to hate something because it's popular. When you polarize your opinion, e.g. saying every aspect of Undertale is bad, from its music to its gameplay to its graphics to its story, usually conveys that you're a contrarian that creates opinions out of spite instead of reason and logic.

You went in wanting to hate the game, and you came out hating in because you want to be a special snowflake that has a different opinion.
>>
>>329918158
It was a novel concept that was surprisingly decently done.
>>
>>329918158
Angry Joe please GTFO.
>>
File: 1456259739252.jpg (95 KB, 833x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456259739252.jpg
95 KB, 833x1024
>>329918158
what is it with you fags that keep constantly asking the same questions over and over again from the last 6 months? have you not been on /v/ for an entire half year?

this game is not meant for everyone. the story and music was pretty great in my opinion, and the gameplay wasn't just an rpg-maker-like clone. if you didn't like it then that's fine, but for what it is and what its supposed to do, it did it well.

>>329918456
nice falseflag.
>>
>>329918158
>>329918316
Fuck off pleb, no one are impressed or cares about your opinions, fuck off back to your mobashit.
>>
>you didn't play it!
>contrarian!
fucking kill yourselves if you think these are actual arguments.
>>
>>329922469
>meme game!
>tumblrrr!! the es-jay-dubyas!!
>I didn't play it but its shit.
>I don't play me-me games
y-you too.
>>
>>329920527
No he specifically had a problem with them, which is why he decided to get lazy and not add any gameplay at all other than some dodge this mechanics. So when he said this was reminiscent of earthbound, this was exactly not like earthbound. At least earthbound was a challenge and had short to long term goals. All Undertale had in milestones was, get from the beginning of the game to the end.
>>
>>329919190
Why would you listen to anything at all when you can just listen to your favorite song only for the rest of time?
>>
File: 0MENEM.png (121 KB, 611x347) Image search: [Google]
0MENEM.png
121 KB, 611x347
>>329922628
Except
>You didn't play it
>Contrarian!
are assumptions while a meme game made in powerpoint aimed at a tumblrina userbase is easy to identify.
Would you say MLP is for bronies? No? Then you're right.
>>
>>329922469
>op presents simplistic, boiled down arguments that only say "Undertale is bad because it's bad!"
>doesn't elaborate why gameplay is bad, or story is bad, or music is bad
>just says it's bad
>call him out on saying it's bad as either being bait from someone who didn't play it, or someone who did play it and is being contrarian
>this is because the opinions he posted aren't well-thought out or even based in much reason
>you're not making arguments against him!

Are you a massive retard? OP didn't even make any arguments himself.
>>
>>329922780
He didn't add the gameplay, the battle system came before everything else.
>>
>>329923018
You mean the shitty most lazy battle system in existence? I'm well aware.
>>
>>329922916
Those aren't assumptions when its clear as glass that people meming have literally not played the game. fucking kill yourself for trying to justify any of what I said tho. those still aren't arguments.
>>
So the "monsters" stand for social outcasts / weirdos / losers, right? They are driven underground away from humanity, and the moral of the story is we need to treat the quirky and awkward weirdos among us with more compassion. Correct? And is this why the game has such a cult following?
>>
File: fuckthisplanet.png (80 KB, 540x512) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisplanet.png
80 KB, 540x512
>>329923128
I don't need to watch MLP to know it's made for horsefucker faggots.
I don't need to read homestuck to know it's made for tumblrinas
I don't need to play Undertale to know it's made with powerpoint maker, paint graphics, by a guy who can't draw shit aimed at TUMBLRINAS LIKE YOU
>>
>>329922916
I only come to these threads to watch you autists STILL get triggered by this game. Have (you) on the house.
>>
>@329923517
whats that? do you want my (you)? you want it? Here, I'm leaving it on top of the fridge. you're gonna have to try harder.
>>
>>329923547
That is funny I am another anon and I just come to these threads to watch the autist who get triggered by the autist who get triggered by the game.

Literally anyone even suggesting that tumblr likes the game triggers you guys so hard.
>>
>>329923547
Triggered? I responded to a post with no big scandal, you faggot liar with no ideas.
>>
>>329918456
It's a pretty accurate review though
>>
>>329918158
>How did this get such high reviews?
Î’ecause it's indie. And media favors indie games even if they are mediocre Super Mario and Zelda rip-offs with shitty graphics. If same games were released by big companies they would have lower reviews unless companies were paying them for positive reviews.
>>
>>329918158
Simplicity doesn't mean it's bad. And the bullet hells were creative in ways others weren't.

>Hates Indie graphics

Clearly this isn't the game for you.
>>
>LOL SPAGHETII
>LOL SKELTON
>TUMBLR SHIT
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.