[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Played for 56 hours >Completion: 11.5% How in the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: Yakuza 5.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza 5.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
>Played for 56 hours
>Completion: 11.5%
How in the fuck
>>
>>329906586
Should have eaten more food at restaurants and fast food joints instead of just injecting Taurin over and over again.
>>
>MGSV
>106 hours
>50%

why
>>
>>329906586

The thing about Yakuza games and the completion percentages is that a lot of insignificant things contribute to it a lot.

Eating all of the food from the restaurants and crafting a lot of the weapons and items will usually raise it by quite a bit.
>>
>>329906678
Do the resutrants make up that big a chunk of the game? Is it that annoying tv chef that does it? Because if he is then fuck that.
>>
>>329906869

Eating in restaurants isn't really an event or anything like that. It's just that as you eat every food item from every restaurant, your completion percentage starts moving up since the game counts things like, food eaten, items crafted and mini games "accomplished" as part of your overall percentage.

Doing the meat of the games, which is the substories and main story doesn't seem to contribute to your overall percentage as much.
>>
>>329907251
Then it makes sense, since I haven't eaten in a resturant more than once or twice the entire game.
>>
>>329906678
>Implying I need tauriner
Scolding glare+taunt master=heat for days
>>
>>329907383

Yeah, just be warned that if you're going for 100% then you're in for a big grind. Eating from all the restaurants is usually really straightforward, but beating the high scores on some of the mini games and farming the materials for certain items is always a pain in the ass in every Yakuza game.
>>
>>329907687
Oh no, I wouldn't dare try to 100% the game unless I was stuck in a siberian Gulag. Just getting to the Victory road with Akiyama tired me out, it was fun but got tedious after a few hours. I was just nervous that I had missed some huge chunk of the game because I left the hunting village quickly or something.
>>
>>329906697
You're not supposed to complete side ops, dude.
>>
Yakuza's completion rate is basically just a checklist of literally everything in the game. To get 100% you have to eat one of everything at the restaurants, so it's not like it's hard or anything. Whenever I'm running around doing substories and whatnot and need a bit of health I'll pop in and order something different just for the sake of filling up the list, but I don't think anyone's ever sat down to 100% the completion rates.

Now the Platinum trophies on the other hand, those are hard and annoying as fuck. I still haven't been able to get 3's plat thanks to the ultimate challenges.
>>
Why the fuck did they not put that game on the Ps4 store ?

It's like Sega enjoys being retarded as fuck. Damn.
>>
>>329910294
Because the PS4 can't play PS3 games. It's like you're retarded as fuck.
>>
>>329910294
Probably because it's a ps3 game
>>
>>329909838

They started making 100% completion a requirement for platinums starting with 5 I think.

Ishin's platinum requires so much materials farming to build all the rare weapons that you would swear you were playing Monster Hunter.
>>
Akyiama>Saejima>Kiryu>Tanimura-Shinada
>>
>>329910585
Did they? I hadn't looked at the trophy list for 5 yet, figured I'd wait for the inevitable replay. Still, the food requirements are pretty easy. It's really just the Heat Actions, minigames, and substories that take work to get all of them taken care of. Fuck the batting cages man.
>>
>>329910294
Whats up with neo PlayStation fans wanting ports of literally everything?
>>
>>329906586
Every single food item from every single restaurant , every single minigame, all the training missions, all of the victory road battles, and a bunch of other stuff all count toward completion
>>
File: it finally happened.jpg (43 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
it finally happened.jpg
43 KB, 640x360
>>329910914
Pretty sure he's trolling. Like the people bitching about no Yakuza 0 PS3 version getting localized, even though the PS3 version of 0 runs like garbage.

The point is, despite the PS3 being "last gen", 5 still sold great and the risk paid off. It was the top selling PSN title for December, and that doesn't take preorders into account, then it was in the top 5 for January. And last I checked it was still up near the top for February. Basically it proved there's still money to be made in the west with Yakuza, and that's good for all of us.
>>
>>329910729

Is your ranking based on gameplay or the character themselves?

Gameplay for me goes

Majima>Kiryu>Akiyama>Saejima>Tanimura>Shinada

Story is harder, since I like all the characters and their personalities. I'd probably still put Majima and Kiryu on top there though.
>>
>>329911185
It wasn't in the top 20 for February, but I still hope the game did great so Sega won't be such assholes and release Yakuza 6 without us making wait 3 years or more.
>>
>>329906586
You didn't complete every minigame and random as fuck expectation to meet trophy requirements.
>>
>>329910294
Because the game is so ancient that it isn't even a PS4 title.

Think that's bad? There was an HD remake of One and Two, years ago.
>>
This part on Ex Hard is so fucking annoying. Dying here means having to redo the entire restaurant fight and the Lau Ka Long boss fight again. I mean I'm happy with Kiwami's higher difficulty overall, but this part is just shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT8FwOQMWFo
>>
>>329911338
The characters themselves.
Akyiama is the coolest of the core characters, and his gameplay style is also really fun.
Saejima cool if a bit boring. He is stronger than Kiryu but they just won't allow anyone to beat Kiryu.
Not much to say about Kiryu, he's Yakuza jesus but a good vessel to experience the world through.
Tanimura is pretty uninteresting overall.
Shinada is totally forgetable.
>>
Its not hard when they pad the game out every way possible such as >>329906678

I wish the story would go back to how it was in 1 and 2. Recent yakuza games are all about quantiy rather than quality and even if the city is small it still feels like its overwhelming that theres so much shit you need to do to 100%
>>
>>329906586
yeah how the fuck man, are you slow?
i played 50 hours and got 25%
>>
>>329912745
5's story was great.
>>
>>329913052
as good as a spanish novella
hear that zero is much better
>>
File: 1429300317447.jpg (30 KB, 370x326) Image search: [Google]
1429300317447.jpg
30 KB, 370x326
This game made me realize how burned out on Yakuza I was after 5 games, a bunch of the side content bored the hell out of me

Hopefully Yakuza 0 will be a breath of fresh air
>>
I BELIEVE IN YOU
>>
>>329913698
Dude they push these games out like every year, theyre all pretty much clones with different characters and stories

I dont mind yearly franchises if its linear and thoughtfully designed. but an open world game with a ton of side content is just going to burn out way to fast.
>>
Why the fuck they butchered Y3 that much?
>>
>>329915745
They were busy with other games at the time and gave it to another company to translate it. they cut out a lot of shit that they found triggering. Sega publicly apologized for that and promised to localize them in house from there on
>>
>le Yakuza is bad meme

Guess that means it's gotten popular. Nice.
>>
File: 144815652135.jpg (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
144815652135.jpg
93 KB, 1920x1080
>>329916462
>Game series isn't popular
>Great community
>Small chance of getting other localized games

>Game series popular
>Shit community most of the time
>Games have more chances of getting localized
>>
What's up with the untranslated names in the victory road fights? Seems like a bit of an oversight, I can't see why they wouldn't translate it.
>>
>>329915930
>>329915745
Also forgot to say, a bulk of it was stupid shit that no one cares about here, such as a japanese history quiz. There was also some risque stuff like one of the strip girls was a tranny, you had to scout underage girls i think, and more games like majong which no one has ever played here and again doesnt care about
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.