[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>server for new players >everyone is wearing heirlooms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
File: World-Of-Warcraft-Logo[1].jpg (476 KB, 2827x1608) Image search: [Google]
World-Of-Warcraft-Logo[1].jpg
476 KB, 2827x1608
>server for new players
>everyone is wearing heirlooms
>>
I hate them. The game is easy enough without them. They may as well just start you at cap.
>>
>>329888323
I see what you did there.
>>
>>329888323
>The game is easy enough without them
yep, between heirlooms, xp boosts, near instant regenerating health, weak mobs, no patrols, linear questing and so on, there's barely a game left

no wonder they give you free max level characters now, they've nerfed most of the game into a mindless chore
>>
>>329889496
>Focus the game into end game content (namely raids) and current xpac
>WHY DON'T THEY FORCE YOU TO LEVEL UP 100 FUCKING LEVELS?!?!?!?
>>
>>329890887
>focus on current xpac
>burn a decade worth of content
real smart developers over there

GW1/2 handle this way better
>>
They should remove heirlooms but it's too late. If people really want to level quicker then let them buy some +x% exp items, don't give them full gear.
>>
>>329891561
>You should ALWAYS DO THE OLD CONTENT! NO RUSHING!!! DO NAXX60 BEFORE YOU GET TO RAID THE CURRENT XPAC!

thanks god you don't dev games.
>>
>>329891736
Also all of your items are gated behind a legendary quest-like thing, oh and leveling is also as slow as vanilla.
This should be how leveling takes:
12 days - 1 to 60
6 days 60 to 70
8 days 70 to 80
5 days 80 to 85
2 days 85 to 90
10 days 90 to 100
11 days 100 to 110

Also to level past 60/70/80/85/90/100 you have to clear every dungeon and raid in the highest difficulty with people wearing items from that xpac and of the correct level (not higher).
This WILL save and FIX wow.
>>
>>329887987
NEVER start the game on servers for new players.

>Made a character for fun one weekend, just to stimulate the experience
>Joined a bot-spammed guild
>Sure enough, they wanted mandatory fishing and farming professions
>Guild leveled up in achievements in an incredible amount of time, before everyone was kicked and the guild was sold

Even back in vanilla, my first experience dealing with strangers was someone yelling at me to attack faster, when I was on massive cooldowns.
>>
>>329891752
>thanks god you don't dev games
you've almost certainly played games I've worked on
>>
File: 1270830966759.png (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1270830966759.png
15 KB, 400x400
>>329892094
good one, man
>>
>>329893023
This will save fucking wow tho.
>No more wasted content
>Real challenge to level up
>Actually interesting
>Actually doing old content
>>
File: 1353974072078.png (176 KB, 566x227) Image search: [Google]
1353974072078.png
176 KB, 566x227
>>329892954
>>
>>329892094
>implying blizzard wanna save wow
>kek kek lekbekekekekek
>>
>>329892094
>Also to level past 60/70/80/85/90/100 you have to clear every dungeon and raid in the highest difficulty

you do realize what percent of people cleared Naxx 40 or Sunwell right? Less than 5%. Hell Naxx 40 was less than 2%. Under your model, less than 2% would be experiencing tBC. at best, that 2% gets to experience the next expansion after that.

Except there wouldn't be any expansion, because nobody could justify the cost of producing them for such a small player base. I really fucking hope this is bait.
>>
>>329893094
>2016
>Wanting to take a month to level alts
Not sure which planet you are living on, but endgame raiding is seen as the goal for most people.
>>
>>329893316
FUck you, you're ruinning wow.
You killed wpvp and epic having value, fucking retard.

My changes PLUS a huge focus on PvP would save wow.
>>
Heirlooms are fine if you have one level 100 which is probably where they should unlock them at

The 23rd time you're doing the Cataclysm quests isn't fun
>>
>>329893315
No shitplayers allowed.
Like, I mean, you're just showing HOW RIGHT i'm.
>>
>>329887987
I believe they purposely dummied down the mechanics and levelling so that people will buy those instant level 100 boosts rather than spend a week levelling their characters through dungeons.
>>
>>329892094
what the fuck are you going on about

the only gameplay is at max level, there is nothing to do at low level other than do fetch quest to keep leveling
>>
>>329893549
Raid mechanics are harder than ever
>>
>>329893549
Imagine if leveling was slow as vanilla.

Fastest speed run is about 4d 20h, let's say 5 days for ease (this is a speed run mind you) 120h total, at 2h a level. It'd take you 220h to level to 110 shy of 10 days of constantly playing.
>>
>>329893419
the problem with heirlooms was that they diminished the need for group work during the leveling experience. People could simply power through quests that had traditionally required groups. Dungeons too, became laughably easy.

Now, I'm all for giving players who have hit cap a quicker time leveling alts given WoWs focus on endgame, but the leveling experience, especially for 1st time rounders, was still important. Even though the majority of the content was still the same (some mobs and quests had been tweaked), leveling in vanilla and leveling in WotLK were vastly different even if you didn't have heirlooms yourself

>>329893478
well, I'm glad it was just bait
>>
>>329891752
>WoW loses over 5 million subs in a short amount of time
>most of the remaining 5 million are probably chinks that pay a penny per month
>there are still faggots out there defending Blizzard and that shitheap they made out of WoW

baka
>>
I don't mind that they made leveling faster, it was quite a chore. What I do mind is that they made it much much easier. This whole shit started in Cataclysm when they made all the elites world mobs from Vanilla up to Wotlk into non elites and suddenly group quests became solo quests. Nowadays you can get to level 100 using just two spells. Botting has never been this easy
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_030616_111840.jpg (862 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_030616_111840.jpg
862 KB, 2560x1440
>>329887987
>new server
>AQ closed
>random asshole open the gate when no one is on
>>
>>329893710
90% of people leveling for first time won't have heirlooms.
In fact (and sadly) wow is dying because you have to churn an absurdly huge amounts of levels before getting to play the actual game, that's why new xpacs give you a boost to 90/100, because if you're a new player having to burn through 100-110 levels of content is extremely hard and tiring. Plus professions.
>>
World of Warcraft is a MESS.
>>
>>329893963
>hard and tiring
boring*
There's absolutely nothing hard about leveling nowadays
Fuck's sake 90% of level 20s can afford a mount as soon as they ding
>>
>Do nothing but quests
>Took a million years to get near level cap
>>
>>329894085
Hard as in hard to stomach famiglion.

That and legendary quests is why I don't level alts. Fuck that legendary quest.
>>
>>329893963
>Plus professions.
For what? Professions are pretty useless at the moment.
>>
>>329893963
>90% of people leveling for first time won't have heirlooms.

you didn't have to have heirlooms to be effected by them. Ran a dungeon? almost guaranteed to have someone in full looms to trivialize it. Same deal group quests. And it's always detrimental to an mmo when a huge portion of the leveling player base no longer needs to interact because their gear ensures that all the content is completely trivial. A large amount of the social element that vanilla had vanished during WotLK, especially on established servers.

But you're right about the leveling bloat. The problem is, I don't see how blizzard could have fixed given their design decisions. WoW was very obviously geared towards end game as vanilla progressed in content
>>
>>329894325
>almost guaranteed to have someone in full looms to trivialize it
Jesus fuck the delusion runs deep.
Those dungeons were never hard dude.
>>
>>329892094
>You have to clear the old content to get to the new
This is not a bad idea but it can be disastrous if you fuck up it's implmentation even slightly.

Dead servers will be fucked by this so that's something that needs to be fixed and players at a higher level need to have some sort of incentive to go back to that older content en-masse to ensure that someone who joins the game much later can't get past level 60 simply because there aren't enough people (although maybe boosting can completely solve that).
>>
>>329894376
Anon.
2% of people cleared naxx.
>>
>>329894419
A lot more will actually even try to reach the end-game.
>>
>>329894041
m8 if you have 11 years of content with 94 zones, 33 raids, 14 battlegrounds, 16 scenarios, 83 dungeons and 7 arenas I'd suppose your game would look like a fucking mess too
>>
>>329894364
I can hop on a private server and still watch people wipe on VC runs because they don't know how to pull the Goblins in the smelter room. Yeah, vanilla wasn't that hard. Enemies had a lot less in the way of mechanics (although other mechanics were more important). But it generally punished you fucking up simple tasks. Heirlooms changed that by having players completely over-geared for the dungeon. Fuck ups were no longer punishing enough to actual punish people, because dungeon mobs do not threaten a group with heirlooms, especially if the tank or healer is loomed up
>>
>>329894573
But he doesn't want people to be able to bring higher levels in so he just fucking destroyed his own idea long-term anyway.
>>
>>329894606
Wasn't really heirlooms that changed that it was Blizzard's little class changes over the years. Heirlooms don't make you much more powerful than an average geared player (except maybe the trinkets)

There's a guild running MC with level 50s comfortably and clearing it
>>
>>329894775
this also true, but I think your underestimating the impact of heirlooms. Guaranteed having blue equivalent gear that is up to date for every level is pretty big. Even more so at lower levels, where a lot of classes wouldn't find a decent trinket, shoulders or helmet till there 30s. And a guaranteed blue weapon at every level completely changes the experience for classes like warriors or rogues.
>>
>>329894991
It really does depend on the level. For instance at level 60 you can start getting gemmed gear in dungeons and that is ridiculously more powerful than heirlooms. At level 80 you can head straight to a vendor and buy a full set of high ilevel gear or hit the AH and buy the seriously powerful MoP BoEs

And if you actually got someone to take you through a raid which is a little more extreme and then actually got a set bonus and gems going you actually perform triple the damage of everyone else. Finally you could consider just using a flask, the ones at 80 were never properly scaled and increase your primary stat by a ridiculous amount

New players can also get the best heirloom for around 100g. I hand it out for free now
>>
>>329893828
TLDR version: Lemme guess. A poorfag NEET?
>>
>>329887987

Move along, that game's time has passed.
>>
>>329895319
well to be fair, I was speaking from the experience of leveling in WotLK and Cata, since I haven't leveled a character since then. Back then, I don't believe there was anything better the looms other than the extreme of someone sugardaddying you through old raids.

I suppose it may have changed now, but it feels irrelevant anyway, since cata and 3.3 lfg did more to kill leveling than heirlooms every did. Mainly though, I just wanted to point out how flawed I felt the system was from the outset.
>>
>>329892094
levelling
isnt
fun

it's fun the first or second time, after that, no thank you
>>
>server for new players
>everyone plays singleplayer until they need to start doing dunjeons
>they just use the instance finder for that
nice genre MMObabbies
>>
>>329895330
>if you don't play WoW, you're poor
Wew lad
>>
File: bird.jpg (21 KB, 528x288) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
21 KB, 528x288
>they still haven't implemented official vanilla/TBC/WotlK servers

Literally throwing away free money, Blizzard
>>
>>329896392
It isn't necessarily fun, but it's a good way to actually practice the class.
>>
>>329896973
>Class gets bread and butter skill at level 50
>Class gets gameplay changing talent at level 90
>Class is a healer
>Class is only good with shitload of gear
>>
>join low level bgs
>those faggots that don't have looms
>>
>>329896392
Doing the same raid over and over isn't fun either
>>
>>329893315
I wonder if they did a legacy server and when they got around to releasing Naxx if that 2% would still hold up after 6 months
WoW was a lot of peoples first MMO when it launched and people were pretty shit then, even more so than now.
>>
>>329897087
Normally I would agree but considering what WoW has turned into those numbers don't even mean any effort is put into it. You probably don't even need good gear until you're setting up for raids.
>>
>>329888323
well they let you skip 100 levels if you buy Legion
>>
>>329896973
WoW's combat system is so brain dead these days that you can literally macro your rotation to one button and still beat heroic content.
>>
>>329896953

but it's not a good business decision
>>
>>329896953
What money is there to be had? People will still play private servers for free and they can't make money selling expansions.
>>
>>329898207
>>329898119
There are plenty of normalfags who don't know about private servers/are too afraid of THE LAW to play on them.

Also, I'd resub and I know a lot of my friends would as well for an official (not down every ten minutes) vanilla server

The cost of running those servers is negligible, and they don't even have to do any real development work. Sounds perfect for Blizzard
>>
>>329898207
I think people would pay half sub price for Blizzard "quality" servers and actual proper scripting.
>>
>>329898512

but then what do they do in terms of content patches? do they stagger it as normal, then when they reach the last patch would the game just sit in BT/SWP (for example) limbo forever? They can't exactly reset after everyones hard work

Then theres the fact that most people would probably unsub after a month after the nostalgia factor wears off and old WoW just doesn't have all the modern conveniences that people are so used to

I miss WoW too man but Blizzard hosting official legacy servers...they'd find a way to jew it since players on those realms probably wouldn't be buying expansions

>buy an instant level 70 for £40! xD
>>
>>329899078
They don't need content patches. People playing on those servers aren't going to want it anyway.

Most people would play it to get away from those modern 'conveniences', I doubt they'd unsub after one month in servers that replicated the height of the fun to be had in WoW.
>>
I'd pay real money to skip through Outland and Northrend. Can't stand levelling through them anymore, done it like 100 times by now.
>>
>>329893315
>>329894419
The number isn't because naxx was hard, it was actually piss fucking easy, but the amount of res gear grinding it required was astronomical
>>
>>329893963
>wow is dying because you have to churn an absurdly huge amounts of levels before getting to play the actual game

no
it's dying because the devs have this idea that the 'actual game' is max level raiding and nothing else, and they proceeded to nerf everything else into the ground so hard that even the most retarded mongoloid will feel insulted by the complete absence of any challenge.

this also results in the actual endgame being a disaster, because everything aside from raiding is completely pointless and insultingly easy.
>>
>>329900678
>this is what wrathbabies who never saw naxx60 actually believe

naxx60 was a nightmarish hell. simply reading through the encounters and thinking "lol this sounds easy" doesn't give you an accurate picture. you also have to facto in how vastly different the game worked back then.
>no raid-wide buffs, only group-wide buffs
>most of the tools and utility that classes have nowadays just plain didn't exist
>several stats worked in a completely different way
>overall powerlevel of players compared to bosses was MUCH lower
>>
>>329901204
it was hard because it was tough to get 40 people to grind 6 months for gear, not quit during that time and then not fuck up on something
don't forget convincing the paladin to come to the raid just so he can spam buffs on everyone one by one every 5 minutes
or the druid just to innervate the healer once every couple minutes

vanilla was a fucking clusterfuck and not the fair difficulty valhalla you try to make people believe
>>
Autism: The thread.
End game content is the problem, not leveling or fucking heirlooms.
There's basically nothing to do at level cap except raids, everything else if getting boring very quickly (pvp, pet battles, collecting shit like mounts or toys, mog).
>>
>>329901772
how is any of that relevant?
naxx60 (and aq40 to a lesser extent) was absurdly hard. literally every progression guild that was around at the time and can compare it to later content will confirm this.
>but its all due to shit mechanics!
so fucking what? we all know that vanilla had garbage mechanics and terrible balance. doesn't change anything about the difficulty of naxx.
>>
>>329897138
Whats wrong with them?
>>
File: 1440243067576.png (100 KB, 268x297) Image search: [Google]
1440243067576.png
100 KB, 268x297
>>329887987
>>329888323

I don't understand why they didn't just give people two trinket that gave 25% exp each.

Do they not understand that restricting the look of armor leveling characters have is a bad thing?

I feel like Blizzard has been paying way too much attention to endgame and not enough on the 1-max level experience. But then again they are still failing endgame anyway... what a mess.
>>
>>329902653
making fights difficult in a fair way is one thing
making fights mathematically impossible even with absolute BiS gear and gating raids behind half a year grinds is another
the latter isn't fun at all
>>
>>329901204
Also
>40 retards instead of 10/20/25 retards
And of course the "one fucks up. EVERYONE DIES."
>>
>>329903664
But anon, that's what it makes FUN!
THAT'S WHY GETTING THE LEGENDARY RING/CLOAK IS FUN!

Don't argue with vanillatards.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.