[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix the roster? Who would you add/remove? Hard-mode:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
How would you fix the roster? Who would you add/remove?

Hard-mode: No Crash or Spyro
>>
Remove third parties
Add Dart

Game fixed
>>
Knack
Y'know? Sony's great new IP!
>>
Add Cloud
Add Lenneth
And maybe Allant

Remove third party characters, or replace them with more logical alternatives like Dante and Snake.
>>
Remove Nu Dante
Add old Dante
Add Abe like was intended
Add Tomba
Add Arc
Add Dart
Add Cloud (Squall maybe instead if this was a sequel, because licensing issues)

Give series multiple reps outside of GoW and Infamous (Quark, Carmelita and such need upgrading from stage hazards/cameos)
>>
>>329882502
Change it from a Smash rip-off and make it either a Power Stone style game or a turn based or Action RPG.

Add new characters both well known and niche from different games such as Pyramid Head, Brave Fencer Musashi, Tomba, Laharl, Old Snake, Someone from Dragon's Crown, a Neptunia character, Lara Croft, Dart, Yu Narukami, etc
>>
Remove Big Daddy and Donte
Add Wander, Kat, Q*bert and Cloud
>>
Abe from Abe's Odysee/Exodus
Dart from Legend of Dragoon
Suezo from Monster Rancher
Squall, Zidane, or Tidus
Crash
Spyro
Lammy
Also add the main character from Jade Cocoon 1
Agumon (Digimon world games were exclusively on ps1 right?)
Brave Fencer Musashi
Guy from Eternal Eyes
Bloodborne Hunter

Fuck man, so many great playstation exclusives to choose from, does Sony actually even own a single person I just mentioned? There really are so many amazing playstation games, I feel like if you could just add my list of characters alone without taking anyone else the roster would be fine, then just fix the battle system.
>>
Remove Donte, Evil Cole, Big Daddy Heihachi, Nariko, Zeus and Raiden

Add Dante, Snake, Cloud, 3D Dot Game Hero, Motorstorm Racer, the character from Journey, Oliver from Ni no Kuni, Abe, and a car from Gran Turismo.
>>
add mario
>>
File: Heard you talking some Nep.jpg (54 KB, 540x349) Image search: [Google]
Heard you talking some Nep.jpg
54 KB, 540x349
>>329882502
>who would you add
>>
Take out Evil Cole and just make Evil Delsin so they still have both karmas repped. Replace new Dante with old Dante because people were so hurt over that decision.

Add a Final Fantasy character, the real problems will be that Smash idiots are gonna tease the game with whoever is chosen
>Cloud
"Lol Smash got him first Sonyfag"
>Anyone else
"lol you couldn't get Cloud because he's in Smash, Sonyfag"
>>
>>329885263

Can you blame them though? Its a legitimate point. Why Cloud is in Smash but not Playstation Smash is beyond me and is a failure that probably deserves to be mocked. Don't hate them for pointing out the truth, the best thing to do is wipe the jizz off of Playstation's chin and come back with a great game instead. There are plenty of other good Final Fantasy characters for Playstation Smash.
>>
>>329885381
Because PlayStation All Star wasn't a serious undertaking. If it was fully backed by Sony, it could've had Cloud. Instead it was handed to a small studio with no reputation so they couldn't get the right to characters unless they were for advertising or easily accessible
>>
>>329885498

I am aware, that doesn't change the fact that Playstation Smash is a shitty, laughable game. Either don't make it, or make it right. Nobody will ever take this seriously again even though there is little stopping Sony from genuinely making a great game out of this, they just.. didn't.
>>
>>329885608
There literally nothing wrong with the game itself. It's just a bunch of kiddies complaining about the roster. The only real problem was the online's tendency to desynch
>>
File: 1454750650646.jpg (229 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
1454750650646.jpg
229 KB, 525x700
>>329882502

Add Abe from Oddworld

Remove Multiplat games that are there only for promotion (Issac, Donte, big daddy, etc)

Add Alias from Gravity Rush

Replace Evil Cole with Delsin

Make Heihachi old

Add Cloud

Add Demi-Fiend from SMT3 or Yu Narukami from Persona 4

Add a colossi from shadow of the clossus

Add journey stage
>>
>>329882502
Blunder of the century
Cannot be fixed
>>
kek, some of those characters has good games but sony's charisma is 0
>>
File: cloud.jpg (645 KB, 580x5673) Image search: [Google]
cloud.jpg
645 KB, 580x5673
>>329885381
>>
>>329885779

If you think there is nothing wrong with the game then you are being intentionally dishonest with yourself friend. The gameplay and presentation are both absolute shit. And keep in mind how important the roster is in this type of game, it isn't a small detail to be glossed over. Its 95% of what people talk about in these types of games, even if the game is actually good the roster is still the biggest talking point. I own the game dude, its complete shit that at best only makes you want to play smash instead.
>>
File: Snake_face.jpg (28 KB, 163x285) Image search: [Google]
Snake_face.jpg
28 KB, 163x285
>>329885805

Oh and add snake too
>>
>>329885263
>>329885381
Why can't Cloud be in both?

Is there some kind of exclusivity clause with third-party characters in Smash or some shit?
>>
>>329885381
Because Playstation Smash had a smaller budget and there wasn't a lot of money to throw around to use characters from more well-known IPs

Whereas Smash 4 is not only a huge franchise for Nintendo that would warrant a much larger budget but is also established, has been successful before and is basically guaranteed free marketing
>>
Add Pepsiman
>>
>>329886313

The way I look at it, its better to not share characters between the franchises. If both games have Cloud, then Cloud isn't special for either of them. I think rather then saying "Look guys, they have Cloud, so we got him now too!" they should focus more on getting their own shit that Nintendo has not and will not touch. Even if they were going to have another FF7 character, I'd rather they take Sephiroth than Cloud. Its hard for me to really put my thought into words so I hope you understand what I mean. Why directly compete with Smash when there are so many other great characters Sony can have all for themselves?

>>329886487

Yes I understand that, and it makes sense. But at the end of the day the reason doesn't matter, the game is bad, and that's all that counts. I'm not even sure you could claim that a small niche audience cares about Playstation Smash, Smash 64 has a bigger scene than Playstation Smash.

Also I hate having to keep saying Playstation Smash but their title just fucking sucks, I'm not going to type PSASBR every time, that's ridiculous. Title is another thing they should have done better.
>>
>>329886751
>Also I hate having to keep saying Playstation Smash

Bruh they literally filed the announcement trailer under Smash in the youtube categories.
>>
>>329886861

You know what you just made me realize? They should have just fucking called the game Playstation SMASH! I mean why not? They obviously were never fooling anyone at any point anyways, the title is much easier to say, write, and its fucking honest.
>>
Shoulda just paid Bamco to make a game with the same roster
>>
File: image.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>329886941
>Nintendrones, everybody
>>
>>329887215

Fuck off, I've owned every playstation console except for the Vita and enjoyed them all. I'm the guy repeatedly saying in this thread that Sony Smash should have been good and they should have done a better job.
>>
I always hate talking about this game but I really love it but there's always someone who's inevitable gonna say "It's shit." It's really fun and I don't see what's wrong with it at all desu except that it's kinda lacking in content.
>>
>>329882502
Okay, so aside from Crash and Spyro, who would need to be added in their original forms, I'd also add the following.

Abe
Tombi/Tomba (I call him the former because Britbong)
Dante's original design but keep DMC Dante as an alt.
Gex
Croc
Lammy
Vibri
Make Evil Cole an alt
Solid Snake (With alt old skin from MGS4 and alt Big Boss skin)
Make MGS2 Raiden an alt
Chris Redfield
Claire Redfiled
Leon S. Kennedy
Blasto
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Liu Kang
Twinsen (Little Big Adventure)
Rayman
Nikki (Pandemonium)
Fargus (Pandemonium)
Lara Croft
Coco Bandicoot
Dr. Neo Cortex
Tiny Tiger
Dingodile
Dr. N Gin
Hunter (Spyro)
Sheila the Kangaroo
Bentley the Yeti
Agent 9
Sgt. James Byrd
Roscoe McQueen
Jarvis (Pain)
Edward Carnby
Duke Nukem
Hugo the Troll
Hog (Hogs of War, with every team color as a potential alt, and Tommy's Trotters as the default)
Raziel
Paul Phoenix
Yoshimitsu
Kasumi
Tina Armstrong
Ryu Hayabusa

Also I'm sure you could probably milk some cool stages out of games like Overboard!, Kula World or Kurushi.

I'd also add Pepsiman for fun (And because he's been in a fighting game) but he's too much of a walking advertisement for it to be possible.
>>
>>329890837

A little excessive with Spyro and Crash reps, but good list.
>>
>>329891148
I figure if Smash can get away with having so many Mario reps (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Wario, Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario, Roselina/Luma) then PSABR could do with having as many Spyro/Crash reps.
>>
File: th.jpg (11 KB, 428x179) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11 KB, 428x179
I would add Tomba THE MIGHTY!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.