[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>make some charlies angels idol shit sequel instead of a prequel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: FFX-2.jpg (941 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FFX-2.jpg
941 KB, 1920x1080
>make some charlies angels idol shit sequel instead of a prequel that focuses on jecht braska and aurons journey
for what purpose
>>
Because dressing up girls is fun for the japanese and fags alike.
>>
It had one of the best battle systems of the entire series, and you don't exactly play final fantasy for the "deep" stories.
>>
File: imaginebeinginthataudience.jpg (35 KB, 495x290) Image search: [Google]
imaginebeinginthataudience.jpg
35 KB, 495x290
CUTE GIRLS DOING CUTE THINGS
>>
File: 1456071995926.jpg (997 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456071995926.jpg
997 KB, 1920x1080
X-2 was fucking fantastic and only fudge packing cock slurpers could think otherwise.
>>
>>329879781

Because Jecht Braska and Auron didn't make my peepee happy.
>>
Rikku best girl.
>>
Paine?
>>
>>329880017
>>329880042
yeah it had great gameplay, but they coulda created that gameplay with literally anything else besides girl power idol shit, and they didn't.

It's a shame since so many people won't play the game and realize how good its gameplay is due to its story
>>
>>329880185
I remembbering getting it, all pumped up because i loved the first one. Couldn't even make it through the intro. Then i returned it. What did i miss?
>>
>>329880185
The Story was basically Terminator with a Final Fantasy coat of paint (and time travel forward instead of backward). Vegnagun is literally Skynet. I get the feeling that the vast majority of the people who complain about the plot dropped it less than half way through. Definitely before finding all the backstory on Paine.
>>
>wanting a prequel

It would be boring because we would have already known what happens. It's not like a MGS 3 sequel where you're playing an unexplored story that can go either way and is indepedent of the previous game. If anything, I wanted a FFX sequel that focused more on the world after Sin without much focus on Tidus and co. They could be referenced but that's about it. It's what I've always wanted from a FF7 sequel, too. Crisis Core was sort of this, but it still was too attached to the main cast.
>>
>>329880328
it arguably has the best ATB combat in the series, and the job system with some gimmicks

Not to mention metric fuck tons of content, and one of the best post game dungeons in the series
>>
>>329879781
You would be doing the same thing, but this time you know you're not gonna win.
>>
>>329880427
>FF7 sequel
I guess you don't know about Dirge of Cerberus then
>>
>>329880509
Meant dirge
>>
>>329880328
A great game to play, but lord have mercy on you any moment it opens its goddamned mouth.
>>
>>329879781
>charlies angels idol shit
Still had better gameplay than the original.

Question for you OP, why make a boring game instead of making a game that that focuses on Jecht, Braska, and Auron's journey?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N4ETTcIcQk

>implying it isn't catchy as fuck
>>
>>329879781
FF writer infamous for never right in the head
>>
>>329880879
1000 words is solid, real emotion isn't
>>
>>329881072
I still love Memory of Lightwaves. It's really an excellent piano theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOuJV9w6Xl4
>>
>Stupid ass girl power bullshit
>Ruins the atmosphere X left behind
>Convoluted story that isn't worth getting into
>Some of those new character designs were the worst in gaming
>Yuna goes from reserved, shy hero to slut dumpster

But god damn that's some fine fucking gameplay. No FF has been so fun to grind. Rikku's kinda cute too.
>>
>>329881645
to be fair rikku is one of the series most likable female characters, who doesn't like rikku
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1280x1024
>>329879781
Wew, lads. Look at Rikkus stomach.

I would totally bend her over desu senpai.
>>
it's better than FFX
>>
>>329879781
The Charlie's Angels stuff was the good part. The gameplay was the bad part.
>>
File: 1454615531506.gif (3 MB, 498x280) Image search: [Google]
1454615531506.gif
3 MB, 498x280
>Who cares about gameplay?
>I play games to see manly men swing swords around!
>>
Literally the best gameplay of any turn based jRPG ever.

They made grinding fun.
>>
>>329879781
japanese girls were the biggest demgraphic that bought FFX when it was released that's why.
>>
>>329879781
Because Yuna was the closest thing to being a Mary sue with out being a writers selfinsert but the girls who played could self insert.
She had no personality, everybody liked her, or wanted her, most talented FEMALE summoner, decedent of the most powerful summoner. They new she was meek, so how could they change her with out actually change her? CLOTHING, clothes say a lot about a girls personality but not really!
Spira looked like a very interesting place with rich history and places to explore, but fuck all that let's focus the girls that really mean nothing to the story any more and make them relevant!
The pip idol fad in japan needs to die, like die die.
>>
>>329880445
>>329880547
Any JRPGs with similar combat system but less idol crap?
>>
>>329879781
Geez, dat Rikku.
>>
>>329880328
they're naked in the animations for changing into the special dresspheres
>>
>>329880328

You missed a good game.
>>
File: 1402186856861.png (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1402186856861.png
92 KB, 400x400
FFX-2 was a better GAME.
If you disregard the story ad the fact most of the locations are recycled its overall a better game than X.
>>
>>329879781

Because X-2 ended being better than X in every way. I like Yuna as a main here, far better than Tidus, and the two supporting characters add nice flavor. You can go about this game in your preferred order, and there are plenty of side quests, the main story is fairly linear, but there's freedom in where to go and land and explore on the way there.

The combat is amazing, the dress sphere system is over the top in the best possible way.

You give the villain a sensual body massage

X-2 beats X in every possible field except for X having a couple of characters, not the main character, who are pretty cool (Auron), X manages to waste most of the good points it has going for it.

So I'm glad we got X-2. It's actually quite good, and the fact that it knows and states that its story is just silly, stupid fun that can't be taken seriously is an absolute boon that the team obviously embraced.
>>
File: da phuc.jpg (11 KB, 388x379) Image search: [Google]
da phuc.jpg
11 KB, 388x379
>horrid fucking story
>absolute trash bin characters
>HUGE drop in soundtrack from X
>extremely easy to break the game
>destroys the mythos of spira
>underwhelming villain

I don't care how good the combat is, the game is downright unenjoyable
>>
>>329887003
Except for quality of writing and characterization and plot. You know. The important things in a JRPG.
>>
X-2's combat is too easy. You can autopilot through the game with a few classes and brute force, without even grinding.
>>
>>329887276
Whoa fuck you the music was cool in X-2
>>
>>329887508
no it wasn't it was a shitstain compared to X

in fact it sucked compared to the rest of the games that came before it
>>
I want to fuck Rikku.
>>
>>329879781

The idol theme this game had almost kills my interest entirely. I remember seeing a clip with the faction leaders coming out for a speech or some shit and they were acting like some girly Japanese teen idols receiving an award. Wish Nomura would keep out his infatuation with feminine J-Pop stars and bands.
>>
>>329887303
I'm not sure what you're getting at. X's attempts at 'serious' story telling and characterization are all terrible outside of a couple stand out character. Characters who are very much the exception.

X-2's attempts to be silly, stupid fun pay off, the writing quality works for a silly story and 'Saturday morning cartoon heroes/villains" feel of the game. This is what it sets out to do, and it works. THe gameplay being better than X on top of that only solidifies X-2 as the definitive FFX experience.
>>
>>329887630
>implying nomura has fuck all to do with FF besides character designs in some of them

XV is the only one he's directed
>>
>>329888034
He's involved in KHIII somehow, and KH1/2 but I wouldn't know the exact details. I know prior to all that he was basically just a character/concept artist.
>>
>>329888278
he's director of all KH games, at least the main ones
>>
>>329879781
I want to play doctor with Rikku.
>>
>>329888034
Nomura isn't just a character artist. He was co-writer of FFVII along with Sakaguchi, and co-writer of FFVIII and X with Kitase. And he wrote the Parasite Eve games and wrote and directed the Kingdom Hearts games.

But Toriyama (as in FFXIII) is the guy who was mostly responsible for FFX-2.
>>
since when is magical girl now equated into idol crap

the idol aspect is barely touched, with only two cutscenes related to it

dumb newfags
>>
>>329889328
>toriyama

oh so that's why X-2 is trash
>>
>>329889531
Tons of early magucal girl animu revolved around becoming an idol after they transform though
>>
>>329890116
>tons

I think you confused them anon, they are idol shows with magical girl shit.

Actual magical girl shows that have idol aspect tend to be few.
>>
>>329879781
>prequel that focuses on jecht braska and aurons journey
Sorry but that'd be boring as fuck, as much as I liked both Auron & Jecht tremendously, I'd rather have the Machina war where we control Yu Yevon & with other party members like Shuyin, Lenne.

That cheeriness in FFX-2 was what I liked it most to be honest & the soundtracks nailed it pretty well.
>>
>>329880427
>a sequel that focuses on the world after sin
but that's exactly what it does....
>>
Any difference between PS3 and PS4 version?
>>
>>329879781
>for what purpose
fan service
tits
uguu moe idol desu
>>
Dunno why people are saying it had better gameplay than 10 when it went back to using the disaster that is ATB
>>
>>329892052
Updated graphics and can switch between the old and new soundtrack.
>>
>>329887276
>>horrid fucking story
the fact that your choices of your missions was nice, some character introduction is a bit different, but yes, looking for spheres is stupid and almost irrelevant
>>absolute trash bin characters
yuna is in her phase, pain is the generic "muh 2 deep dark", brother went from an elite pilot to a genreric tryhard retard,the bad guys were stupid
>>HUGE drop in soundtrack from X
no signature prayer chant, almost only generic j-pop
>>extremely easy to break the game
not really an issue, every FF game is baby mode even without grinding
>>destroys the mythos of spira
not a problem, it was the goal in FFX
>>underwhelming villain
what villain? the "literally who" gundam?

FFX2 wasn't that bad, but they destroyed blizball, fucking why
>>
>>329892040
But it does it wrong.
>>
>>329879781

Because Yuna was the main protagonist of FFX the entire time, you just didn't know it until about half way through the game.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.