[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any devs/producers still at Nintendo that have a flawless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 630x.jpg (161 KB, 630x342) Image search: [Google]
630x.jpg
161 KB, 630x342
Are there any devs/producers still at Nintendo that have a flawless track record?
>>
Retro?

I mean Prime 3 was the weakest but it wasnt a bad game
>>
>>329876994
Next Level Games?
>>
Not nintendo
>>
>>329877089
Regardless of the actual game quality, there's no way in hell that people are going to look back fondly on Federation Force after it comes out
>>
Retro studios , and sakurai, only smash tourneyfags and kids salty their character didn't get in hate him
>>
Miyamoto
He ruins other people's games but his own games still have a good track record
>>
Hitoshi Yamagami
>>
>>329878475
Only because they completely misconstrue his advice. When he told the Sticker Star devs to differentiate it more from its predecessors, they went completely fucking apeshit and threw out the whole level and exp system.

It's like telling some dumbass to not run into oncoming traffic, and he fucking cartwheels into it.
>>
>>329878912
Holy shit my sides, I actually imagined Aonuma doing that.
>>
>>329878912
I think people overstate the authority miyamoto has on these matters. I remember a retro interview where they say they came up with the idea of visors after miyamoto made an off-handed remark about how interesting it would be if samus had the head of an insect, or something like that.
>>
>>329879182
While that example is true, in that same game Miyamoto threatened them with cancelling the project if they couldn't manage to get Samus's morph ball form to work in the game
>>
>>329879182
Miyamoto is vague as fuck with his advice, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse depending on what the devteam does.

The concept of Midna came after Miyamoto saw wolf Link and said "Looking at a canine's ass is kind of boring, put something on top of him".
>>
>>329879297
To be fair, Morph Ball is kind of iconic to the series to not have. It's part of the Metroid structure.
>>
>>329879348
It sounds like Miyamoto was pretty hard on the whole wolf Link thing. Maybe he was the hero we needed after all.
>>
>>329879434
honestly, I was severely disappointed that there wasn't a screw attack in prime 1. Morph ball felt amazingly good, though, one of the first things I did with the game was let the physics engine roll samus down some security ramps, it just felt right.
>>
>>329877089
The fact that they've never released a patch for Luigi's mansion 2 online glitches still disappoints me.
>>
>>329879926
For all the things Other M did wrong, I dare say say it got the Screw Attack on 3D fine.
>>
>>329880020
I found the combat animations in general to be great. The way samus would twist and turn, drop low and balance herself as she aimed at enemies, or how she'd roll and shoot out of a dodge. The actual combat was mostly braindead, but it looked gorgeous.
>>
>>329880174
Honestly, the Other M play engine isn't entire garbage, it's flawed but pretty dynamic, if it could actually be ironed out and expanded upon...

Fuck, Metroid fans are just going to ape on me full of anger, aren't they?
>>
>>329878912
The IS guys explicitly said in an interview that Miyamoto didn't like the way they portrayed bowser. And that the beta Sticker Star looked like "a port of TTYD"
>>
>>329880389
I honestly think it was just a bit of map design and a less heavy-handed writer away from being a game on par with fusion. I remember being crazy hyped when they revealed it, and when the game opened up to super metroid's menu theme, it's a shame that it was followed immediately by the terrible voice direction samus received

I still had fun with it, and hoped they could use the gameplay style for something. Samus just feels so quick and sleek and natural in Other M, going from playing it to using Samus in Brawl was like night and day.
>>
>>329880389
>Metroid fans
They all killed themselves after the last direct.
>>
koizumi
>>
>>329876994
YOU WILL UNDERSTAND
>>
>>329883458
>I understood a long time ago
>it didn't help in the slightest
>>
File: this is your future.jpg (298 KB, 1131x1200) Image search: [Google]
this is your future.jpg
298 KB, 1131x1200
Reggie The Negro is destroying Nintendo

hire hipsters
pedophile activists
SJW

FUCK BIG REGGIE
>>
>>329883662
pedos are our best allies
>>
>>329876994
Are there any devs/producers that have a flawless track record still in the industry?
>>
File: the devilyn kelly.jpg (53 KB, 463x467) Image search: [Google]
the devilyn kelly.jpg
53 KB, 463x467
>>329883885
>best allies
>>
>>329884082
and only
>>
File: 1457257836175s.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1457257836175s.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>329884162
>>329883885
>best allies
>>
>>329884219
only ones that can stop the Trumpocalypse
>>
>>329884219
B L O O M B E R G
>B L O O M B E R G
B L O O M B E R G
>B L O O M B E R G
B L O O M B E R G
>B L O O M B E R G
B L O O M B E R G
>B L O O M B E R G
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.