[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make the NX a success
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: nintendo_nx.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_nx.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
Nintendo gives you the job of making the NX a success
You must give it the following:
>3 exclusives from nintendo (must be sequels or additions to existing nintendo franchises)
>4 AAA multiplats (can be released or announced)
>1 remaster of an old nintendo game
Name them, /v/. How would you save nintendo?
>>
Impossible, nintendo is in the toilet
>>
better hardware than the ps4
- new metroid with samus, new splatoon, new bayonetta, mmo pokemon
- overwatch, rise of the tomb raider, dark souls series, minecraft.
- remastered battletoads

this is from a pc gamer who never had a console
>>
>>329876572
Easy.
New Zelda Game
New Mario Game
New F-Zero Game

Port of GTA V with DLC and season pass and online extras + exclusive content
The Witcher 4 (TBA)
Call of Duty Ghosts/Advanced Warfare/Black Ops 3 Triple Feature w/ all season passes/DLC
No Man's Sky

Super Metroid Remastered: 2D gameplay with 1080p 3D rendered graphics and remastered music, unlockable hard modes, Boss Rush, and unlockables for NES and Game Boy Metroid Games. Amiibo Support for classic soundtracks/player skins
>>
>A new non-Galaxy 3D Mario like 64 and Sunshine, Metroid Prime 4, and Spla2n
>Rayman 4, Nier Automata, Bayonetta 3, FFXV
>Melee HD with expanded roster
>>
>>329876572
Wonderful 102
Bayonetta 3
Super Mario Galaxy Sunshine World 64 3

I don't give a flying fuck about ports, just give me that shit for PC

>>329877007
this, super metroid but add in some new expanded content/ hero mode, second mission whatever

I don't give a shit if their console sales units, just that I get good fucking games that I enjoy playing. If they wanted to sale more consoles:

COD
Minecraft
other shit games with shit ports
bluray player/ netflix machine
>>
>Super Mario Galaxy 3
>Metroid Prime 4
>Pokemon RPG

>Fallout 4
>Final Fantasy XV
>next COD
>Dark Souls 3

>F-Zero GX
>>
>>329876572
The fact there is no option for new IPs is the reason why Xbone and PS4 are dead fishes.
>>
Metroid Prime AAA title
Monster Hunter 6
Pokemon MMO

ON LAUNCH - games slated for future release:
New F-Zero
2D Metroid
Bayonetta 3
New Zelda (not Zelda U)
Super Mario 128
New Mario Kart
DKCR - Return of the Kremlins
Advance Wars DoR2
Custom Robo

Multiplats:
FFVIIR
Guilty Gear
Next FROMSOFT game
Banjo-Threeie

Is in on all the main 3rd party releases from launch onward.
Remaster:
Melee HD with balance, online, and 8 new characters not seen in the original game (3 from Brawl, 3 from 4, and two new ones - no 3rd party)

Summer 2018 release, much more powerful than the PS4, 4k resolution, 60fps, easy to program for, no region lock, online service is free, with a paid option for a netflix-like system, online store has ALL the Nintendo games ever made available for download, starting price 399$.

The machine is a console handheld hybrid with surprising power. At home it can function like the WiiU, but the console itself can work with a regular controller, which is an upgrade of the GCN mote.

This is the only way for the NX to by hype worthy. It'll never happen tho.
>>
>>329876572
>Metroid Prime 4

Its all I really care about.
>>
>>329876572
No region locking
>>
>>329876572
I port all WiiU and 3DS titles to PC

Nintendo can suck on my knob
>>
It's impossible. They're non existent in Europe, have horrible policies(localization=censorship, region locking) and PS4 is still pretty new and popular.
>>
>>329877405
OP didn't ask what you'd want, they asked what would make the nx a success. Ports are almost necessary for that shit.
>>
>>329879526
Oh yeah, also, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade 3, and Splatoon 2 for future release.

Tbh, the NX's success won't come from it's launch alone, but from that combined with future promise.

It has to start strong with 3 solid games and tons of 3rd party support, and keep that going for the years to come. It can't lose momentum.

This is why a 2018 release is ideal. You give the WiiU a decent lifespan renewing consumer faith, and you build up a better catalog for NX. You also launch when your competitors are winding down.

Also, fire the Treehouse idiots AND Reggie. Restructure NoA completely and give quality service that matches NoE. And give the console a good name. Hire a new marketing team, cause your current one sucks ass.

None of this will happen tho. NX will flop.
>>
File: 1356506544515.jpg (20 KB, 466x359) Image search: [Google]
1356506544515.jpg
20 KB, 466x359
>>329876572
Zelda
A New 2D metroid with 3D graphics
3rd Person Mario game 64, Sunshine those kinds

FF7Re
Dark Souls 3
Persona 5
Devil May Cry 5

Super Mario 64 OR Paper Mario 1000 year old Because I have never played it and really want to
>>
>>329879526
This
A Metroid Prime FPS will incite tge casuals if you add elements that make it compete with Halo.

Like, make it what Fed Force shoulda been. Metroid Battlefront 3 or something like that. Gorgeous, big budget FPS game with a squad-based multiplayer element. Make it all like Aliens, so the campaign is very Left4Dead in style.

Monster Hunter is MASSIVELY popular, and getting another exclusive is bound to boost sales. Especially as a launch. You gotta do something new with it.

Pokemon MMO is the game everyone wants, it's revolutionary enough to blow people's minds, and it has enough kiddy and casual appeal to draw a nice balance.
>>
>>329876572
I got this.

>Metroid 5. Traditional, sidescrolling Metroid in 2.5D. Asking Nintendo to do hi-res sprites or hand-drawn work is expecting too much.
>Mario Strikers Nova. Online play modes, ranked ladder, expanded roster (DLC OK), same stylized gameplay as previous entries. Maybe feature spinoff series characters (WarioWare, DKC, Paper Mario, M&L) as DLC.
>Pokemon Stadium 3. Exactly what you'd expect. Introduce all the alternate battle mechanics from mainline games up to now (3-on-3, Rotation, Inverse), as well as Pokemon Bank integration. Push as the standard for streaming at national events. Build hype alongside Pokken.

>Monster Hunter Generations G. Make sure it runs in 60fps this time, unlike 3U.
>Final Fantasy VII Remastered. Cloud is in Smash already, so why the fuck not?
>Dark Souls 3. Get FromSoft back on Nintendo platforms, and maybe one day I can finally have Lost Kingdoms 3. And hey, they could probably pull some bundle deal like they did with Bayo.
>Rare Replay. This is kind of a pipe dream, but I know Phil Spencer has shown a positive attitude toward working with Nintendo, and most of the games included made their history on Nintendo platforms. It'd be a really nice gesture.

>Kirby Air Ride. Updated graphics, expanded City Trial, online play up to 16. Amiibo integration with the upcoming Kirby line in some way.
>>
3 Sequels:
Metroid Prime
New 3D Mario with a focus on large enviroments
Pokemon Stadium Next Generation (NFC pokeball amiibos that can be used to transfer pokes to sun/moon N3DS or O3DS with Amiibo base)

AAAs:
Dark Souls 3
Persona 5
Disney Infinity

Remaster:
Mario 64 remade in the new Mario engine as a pack in title on all systems.

I think that gives it a wide spread to hit just about anyone except dudebro brodudes.
JRPGs, Western forcused stuff, Nostalgia, Pokemans, Kids stuff and some stuff aimed a little older.
>>
>>329876572
New 2D or 3D Mario
Smash 4 Port
New Zelda
All 3 of these AT LAUNCH.
>>
If the only thing Nintendo's fans can come up with is a handheld with HDMI out to the TV, Nintendo is fucked.

Let's hope that isn't what Nintendo is thinking.
>>
exclusives:
>wario land sequel w/co-op
>metroid prime sequel w/co-op or other online
>doshin the giant sequel with gimmicks out the ass to pander to the minecraft crowd

multiplats:
>dark souls 3
>minecraft
>the division
>persona 5?

remaster
>mother 3, using the fan translation
>>
3 Existing:
Paper Mario the 1001 days
Doki Doki Panic 2
Super Punch Out!!

Multiplats:
Disgea 5 (with Drag and Drop)
MGS 5 "Directors Cut"
Minecraft (Drag and Drop again)
Tekken 7

Rehash:
Super Smash Bros NXT (With all levels from 3ds version and Wiiu, some old stages returning, Ice Climbers, smash tour and board. Returning roster of Pichu, Wolf, the like, maybe a few fan requests like K.Rool.)
>>
>>329881087
dead on arrival

>>329881960
wii u 2

>>329881975
plausible

>>329882116
new wii u

>>329879526
looks good except multiplats, remaster should be project m inspired imo
>>
>>329876572

- New Metroid game that serves as a spiritual successor to Metroid Prime
- New 3D Donkey Kong game
- New SSB

-Stupid question.

-Diddy Kong Racing
>>
Even if it is a success it's just going to be the Dreamcast to Nintendo's Saturn. Nintendo will be out of the console business by 2019.
>>
>>329882623
Yeah, for multiplats I was thinking about what I'd like to play.

Problem with multiplats is they're very flavor of the month.

I was thinking of hypeworthy games. Obviously Banjo and a Fromsoft title will do it.

That aside, Battlefield 5, Mass Effect 4, FFVIIR, TESVI, Ultra SFV, GTAVI, etc... are all must haves.

And remaster should be PM inspired, I agree, but it should still have MELEE in the title. All the modes added in by PM would be great though.

Hell, if they hired the PM crew to finish PM, and release it as an NX exclusive title, that'd be GOAT.
>>
>>329883609
actually an advanced technique training mode for melee would be a good idea on its own. project m itself does a good job of making them feel more noticeable when pulled off anyway.
>>
Try slightly different new things alongside the more traditional lineup.
I have to admit it's been a while since i seriously got into nintendo stuff so i might not be up on a few things.

Do Zelda as a full blown tales style j-rpg.
Maybe an action title set in the xenogears setting.
Every launch needs a decent shooter, so maybe a new splatooon title, but ramp it up to take advantage of
the new hardware. Bigger maps, full blown 16 or 32 player levels.

And bring back 1080 Snowboarding. There hasn't been a good snowboarding title in years. Maybe just make it 1080 Extreme Sports and throw in skateboarding too.

Maybe do one of those dynasty war games, but using the fire emblem cast this time.

Oh and bring on some kind of uncharted clone, not sure if it'd be starring an existing character like zelda, or something new.

Remaster wise i'm unfamiliar with nintendo's historical lineup, but a modern remake of metroid prime might be nice, take advantage of more advanced tech (and more RAM) for seamless levels, maybe make areas bigger. Stuff like that.
>>
>>329876572
With the way Nintendo's not giving the fans what they want and acting like Nazis censoring games and shit they can't be saved, that being said this it what I would do:
Exclusives
Sequel to TTYD - no sticker bullshit
New full fledged Monster Hunter - not a 3DS port
New Metroid - no coop bullshit like FF

Multiplats
Sequel to Metro Last Light
Project Cars sequel
GTA VI
FF XIV - at launch

1 Remaster
Mario Kart Complete Collection - Every character, every track including battle arenas, every kart including DD karts.
>>
>>329883746
Honestly, if there's one thing that would make the NX a massive success is embracing the modding communities for their various games, not just Smash.

Both by offering development jobs to talented modders (since one of their biggest problems today is the lack of resources to churn out games), and two, by offering up some new platform through which players can modify games to their liking.

Usher in a new era of custom created content with Nintendo IP. People will still have to buy the game, but the fact that you're now giving players an option yo play games as they wanna play them offers up immense amounts of value to that game.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.