[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Star Fox Zero somehow managed to fix it's garbage gameplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: ccp_cz0viaeqszk.jpg (119 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ccp_cz0viaeqszk.jpg
119 KB, 1024x576
If Star Fox Zero somehow managed to fix it's garbage gameplay design, then Color Splash can too.

The game already looks great and has potential, it just needs that extra push.

Hell, the fact that your color meter is used to do card attacks is basically FP anyway.

You guys should send your concerns in a good legitimate way, aka not shitposting for 42 hours and making Petitions to cancel
>>
File: GEJCtKU.gif (701 KB, 499x278) Image search: [Google]
GEJCtKU.gif
701 KB, 499x278
>>329838937

Let's just flood Miyamoto's house with letters asking him to let the development team make TTYD 2.

It'll be as if he'd just been accepted to Hogwarts.
>>
Alls I want is partners (and fun characters in general), a villain that's not Bowser, and a combat system that's actually functional and serves a purpose. I think if they don't think those things should be standard in a game like this, I'm not sure if they'll understand even if the whole world is telling them.
>>
Why do we need to change anything? We've barely seen 5 minutes of gameplay.

I wouldn't mind if it was a sequel to stickstar anyway, nintendo have my money.
>>
>>329840389
We saw the gameplay and it's the same shit as sticker which confirms this game is a 0/10
>>
>>329838937
>he game already looks great and has potential
Yeah, right.
>no partners
>no EXP system
>copy-paste toads everywhere because "I'm one with toad haha"
>stupid white outlines around characters because "everything is actually paper! So funny and innovative! Please don't forget it!"
>probably another "What? Decent writing? RPG elements? I thought we were developing another puzzle/gimmickfest game!"
Looks like Sticker Star 1.1 - Long Ass Special Attacks Edition to me.
>>
>>329838937

What the fuck is that behind the toad?
>>
So i mean, do you choose what color your going to smack with?

Do different cards require different colors?

Im curious on the color mechanics, im a lot more interested in them than Stickers

Given the sticker attacks are cards now, it makes you wonder if we'll even have Sticker Puzzle's anymore since they lost their sticker design
>>
>>329841173
No, the game picks what color you need for you
>>
>yfw nintendo is hiding the partners, exp, fun combat, new villain, interesting story, and rpg elements until E3
>>
>>329841619

I remember people saying the same thing about Sticker Star all the way up to release.
>>
>>329841853
I know it's nothing more than a dream, anon. I just want to be hopeful
>>
>Tanabe - Yeah. With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting. A lot of people said that the Flip move for switching between the 3D and 2D dimensions was fun.

>Kudo - I originally saw it in a way that's similar to Miyamoto-san. Personally I think all we need is to have an objective to win the boss battle at the end of the game. I didn't think we necessarily needed a lengthy story like in an RPG. Instead, we looked at the characteristics of a portable game that can be played little by little in small pieces and packed in lots of little episodes and ideas. I always did like putting in little ideas, so I actually enjoyed it.

>Tanabe - That's right. At first, we were making a lot of individual allies as in a regular RPG, but when we decided to focus on stickers, in order to make a clear change with previous games in the series, it was like we started all over again by throwing out the system—including those characters—that we had made up to that point.
>Iwata - You purposefully threw out the basic RPG structure.
>Tanabe - Yes. We decided to make it so that players would face stronger opponents by throwing out the whole concept of experience points and levels in favor of gradually gathering stronger stickers. I had actually been thinking for a long time that I wanted to get rid of the RPG experience points. In the Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland game, which Kudo-san and I worked on together, the player-character didn't develop at all. We adopted a system whereby they solved everything with money.
>>
>>329838937

Chances are like 3D World it was developed alongside Sticker Star so I'm expecting one of Nintendo's most polished and conplete games jus like 3D World was.

I don't mind the Sticker Star design because the puzzle designs actually respected the player and didn't act as if you were some brainless buffoon.
>>
File: 231601-hCnQZmr9dudntTOo.jpg (30 KB, 512x307) Image search: [Google]
231601-hCnQZmr9dudntTOo.jpg
30 KB, 512x307
Reminder
http://imgur.com/8Ntb8a6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3irbsRozEk
>>
>>329838937
Why would they delay it?
The NX is inevitable
>>
>>329842149
All the puzzles were literally put the right shape into the right hole
The combat might as well be cut since its not fun and has no benefits.
They should port Color Splash to mobile and make a real Paper Mario for Wii U
>>
Quick /v/, make the plot interesting while keeping the stolen color shit
>>
>>329843224
Bowser stole the colors, good gameplay, story, and interesting characters.
It's up to Paper Mario to get them back!
>>
>>329841067
>>no partners
How do you know?
>>no EXP system
Just because there are some similarities to sticker star doesn't mean it's the exact same game.
>>copy-paste toads everywhere because "I'm one with toad haha"
Maybe they only showed one area, like a toad village or something
>>stupid white outlines around characters because "everything is actually paper! So funny and innovative! Please don't forget it!"
So you've always hated paper mario? I don't get it.
>>probably another "What? Decent writing? RPG elements? I thought we were developing another puzzle/gimmickfest game!"
Nice assumptions
>>
>>329843958
If partners and exp were in the game we would have seen them, for fuck sake we saw entire battles in the map direct and not a single indication that battles are anything but time wasters like in sticker star
>>
>>329844174
>not a single indication that battles are anything but time wasters
If you don't like the battles you shouldn't play the game. Adding some kind of incentive like EXP wouldn't suddenly fix this.
>>
File: 20130524140222_bigboss_01.png (670 KB, 861x473) Image search: [Google]
20130524140222_bigboss_01.png
670 KB, 861x473
>>329844375
>Telling people not to play the game in a series people used to like

That's depressing
>>
>>329843138

Compared to PM64, TTYD and SPM Sticker Star puzzles were much, much better it's really no contest provided people were willing to admit Sticker Star did certain things better.

It's no surprise you didn't mention the older ones since in those the final chapterd have the same brainless simon says puzzles the earlier chapters did. Kicking a shell to a block over a gap or blowing up a cracked wall for the nth time.
>>
>>329843958
REPEAT AFTER ME
NINTENDU DINDU NUTING
>>
>>329844375
Why not make battles have a purpose?
>>
>>329845090
I'd rather kick a shell than place a sticker on the same shaped empty spot.
The shitty puzzles in sticker star took longer than they needed to because you could just auto place stickers.
>>
>>329841067
hey retard

we can maybe get nintendo to actually MAKE THOSE CHANGES

the game is super early in development. as long as they know we want RPG gameplay and partners then they might make those changes
>>
>>329838937
Color Splash doesn't have "RPG" in its title. It's not this season's Mario RPG. Paper Jam was.
They won't just radically change their plans when it was never intended to be an RPG. The best we can hope for is for the game to find its niche in some other aspect. And for that niche to be good.
>>
>>329846802
It won't, it'll be another sticker star with watered down excuses for puzzles, no combat, no story, and no character.
>>
>>329846707
>the game is super early in development
It comes out this year.
>>
>>329838937
I mean... even if it's better then Sticker Star, will it even be better then SPM?
>>
>>329846707
>expecting japanese devs, especially Nintendo's, to care about baka gaijins' opinions enough to change the whole fucking game
Not even Early Access shit is like this, why do you think it will be different this time? Devs already said that this is the direction the series will take from now on.
No EXP, no partners, no unique environments, just paper jokes and gimmicks. Let's just enjoy Mario&Luigi while we can.
>>
>>329846707

Just because the game looks empty and boring as shit doesn't mean it's early in development, that just means it's empty and boring as shit. Face it, it's over for this one.

All we can do now is wait for it to come out and bomb and then maybe the poor sales will wake them up, but even that I wouldn't bet on. Paper Mario is likely just dead. I'll just go pray that M&L won't have the same fate.
>>
>>329848810
SPM wasn't bad, it had all the charm of Paper Mario and the gameplay was alright. It didn't try to do too much gimmicky, it was basically regular platformer combat but with stats.
>>
>>329846707
You know the game is in testing and localization right now, right?
>>
>>329847187
That means nothing coming from Nintendo
>>
>>329849930
It's a Mario game. It can't bomb. That's how it went with Sticker Star as well.
With Metroid or whatever you can just watch shit game after shit game bombing and hoping for the future, but Paper Mario will keep selling well regardless how shit it is.
>>
>>329850465
Sticker Star did decently because it was on the 3DS. This is on the Wii U. If it manages to surpass PM64 or TTYD sales I'll be shocked and offended.
>>
>>329850465
I'm fairly sure that SS sold well mostly because nobody expected it to be that bad. Paper Mario's formula is really fucking simple but effective, how can someone fuck that up? unfortunately, SS showed us that everything is possible for Nintendo.
>>
>>329850729
>>329850843
I think the japanese really loved the game.
It's the best selling and best rated PM in Japan.
>>
>>329838937
the game literally uses cards, you only need to be able to play it as a card game and not SS, only that little change can make the game great
please Nintendo
>>
Is paper jam good
>>
>>329851005
Japan also loves handhelds but don't give a shit about consoles.
>>
>>329851509
very
>>
>>329851509
It's the worst M&L game but still a 6/10.
>>
>>329851005
It sold about as much as TYD, and Gamecube's userbase is vastly inferior to 3DS'.
And I'm fairly sure that SPM sold way more than SS.
>>
>>329851845
>Source: vgchartz
>>
>>329851684
get that shit taste out of here, the worst is PiT
>>
>>329851509
It's really good, way better than dream team.

Don't listen to this faggot >>329851684 easily in top 3.
>>
>>329841067

>tap the hammer to fill it up with paint
>flick it to start the attack

This shit will never end. Touch screens were a mistake.
>>
>>329852402
>>329852482
>poor level design
>backtracking
>minigames that break the flow of the game every 5 minutes
>terrible Papercraft battles
>trio Attacks are the longest the series ever had
>Lakitu's missions are nothing but padding, tedious grinding even if you're going for 100%
>NSMB areas only
>no Toad Town
>99% NPCs are Toads and Paper Toads
>no unique characters or enemies
>little to no story
The game feels like a chore most of the time, it it wasn't for the great combat I wouldn't have finished it.
>>
>>329841984
FUCK
>>
File: laughing_jew.gif (1 MB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
laughing_jew.gif
1 MB, 255x191
>>329841984
>We adopted a system whereby they solved everything with money.
>>
It's too late in development to change everything I hate about this game. I wouldn't want a rushed story and characters anyway, it takes time and passion to craft a world like ttyd did.

Even if it was good, the paint mechanic would have to go. I am a FP/item hoarder, constantly using finite items for battling and in the overworld sounds like a fucking nightmare. I liked using low FP high skill moves on the earlier games. I guess that's a personal gripe, but pretty much every reviewer said sticker star wasn't very good so it's not like I'm wrong.
>>
Except it didn't? Game still looks really slow and too reliant on gimmicky transforms.
>>
>>329838937
It'll end up being as good if not better than Super paper Mario and faggots will bandwagon saying they always had hope. This is how you draw out the shittiest part of the fan base for Nintendo games,introduce change instead if giving them another rehash,then they'll cry and petition to cancel the game
>>
I hope so

The graphics are fucking beautiful

Don't let that shit go to waste
>>
File: 1411004099807.png (94 KB, 365x339) Image search: [Google]
1411004099807.png
94 KB, 365x339
>>329841984
>Iwata - You purposefully threw out the basic RPG structure.
Hilarious.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.