[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are 1v1 games dead? It seems that all multiplayer games that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 184087-starcraft[1].png (126 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
184087-starcraft[1].png
126 KB, 640x480
Are 1v1 games dead?

It seems that all multiplayer games that are team based or forced into obscurity now.
>>
>>329838039
I found every friend I went up against in RTS hated my guts and stopped playing. These were the same friends in high school that were happy enough in FPS, RPG, especially Driving games that I was bad at but still put the effort to buy.

RTS is too tense for casuals, MOBA is better for them, but every dumb fucker plays it like 1v1v1v1v1v5.
>>
>>329838039
millinials can not accept the fact that their consequences have actions. Therefore they are drawn to multiplayer games so that they can continue this delusion by blaming any failure in any given match on their teammates. In a 1v1 game, they are forced to admit that they are in fact, not special. Not good. And that the loss was entirely their fault.
>>
>>329839927
That was brutal man.
>>
>>329839697
On top of that, when playing team games players always have someone else to blame if their team loses. "Oh, it's not my fault, it was my supports, they didn't do a good job", "I played perfect, my team just suck and have no idea what their doing". The same mentality can be seen in 2v2+ RTS matches. Playing CoH2 4v4 is literally an exercise in retraitn when you're dealing with people that just spam snipers, complain when they get no support on their flank and all caps in chat when everyone doesn't just mass E8s and send them to mid VP.
>>
>>329839927
>it's a /v/ thinks "millennial" means "everyone younger than me but excluding me because I'm special" episode
if you're on 4chan and old enough to not be a millennial, you should kill yourself because your life is clearly fucked
>>
>>329839927
>implying I didn't lose because the game devs are brain dead and cant balance and design worth shit
>implying losing to cheesy bullshit strats that suck counts

nice try pal I'm still invincible
>>
>>329839697
I've found this too.

1v1 games are very demanding. It's difficult to chill out and just have fun for people who are not used to the format, because there's nobody else to rely on or to look to for help, and if you lose it's 100% your own fault. All the pillars of comfort that people are used to leaning on when hardships hit are missing, so they get frustrated. It's much easier on the ego to play a team game and bitch about everyone else when things go poorly.
>>
>>329840886
To be fair CoH2 isn't balanced around 4v4 at all and those matches can become messy even with competent teammates.
>>
Gamers just became pussies who have such fragile egos they can't play a competitive game for fun anymore.

It's noticeable for me, in WoW.

In 2007: playing WoW, head outside Org for some duels: Lots of people dueling, having fun, Win or lose it's "good fight!"

Present Day: Head outside Org for some duels, a ton of people standing around afraid to fight. Duel someone, If you win they whine about your class being "op" or say you got lucky, or some other bitching., if you lose it's "lol get rekt ur bad" No one has respect anymore. I personally blame CoD/MOBAs and other genres that overall dumbed-down the online gaming community.
>>
>>329839927
>millenial
This word needs to be a permaban. If you're younger than a millenial you're underageb& and if you're older you're like 30+ years old and that's sad.
>>
>>329838039
I remember playing wc3 on b.net 1v1's and my heart would literally start racing doing my build order. I'd finish a reallllly close match and my hands would be shaking from the adrenaline rush. No other game has done this to me except maybe WoW arena's back when I played in TBC
>>
>>329842353
I personally blame the retarded 00 liberal raised shit generation growing up.
>>
>>329839927
>millenial calling other millenials millenials
Every time
>>
>>329842353
I'm generally fine with playing multiplayer games for fun even if I'm losing but recently I've just not really felt like playing any multiplayer games. Trying to think of why, though I'm not sure why. Though with some games the community just isn't forgiving to new people and I don't want to go in and mess things up for everyone. That and most multiplayer games are kind of boring to me I think.
>>
>>329839697
>but every dumb fucker plays it like 1v1v1v1v1v5

holy shit the perfect description of the moba audience
>>
>>329841352
I used to get a bit too stressed when I played MvC3 (not ultimate).

I usually did really good for like a bunch of matches in a row and then suddenly I face someone who is way better than I am and steamrolls me.

I didn't really like this feeling. Not because I lost but more because playing the game it felt like I destroyed people and then suddenly someone destroys me. Felt very unbalanced. The online netcode wasn't good at all. Yes I know fighting game but still.

With team games I feel I can be very comfortable and play. Team games often have poor teamwork anyways.
>>
>>329838039
Grubby is streaming
>>
SC2 is pretty decently fun now in LotV

It could take off if they support it like they promised but hope is grim in that respect. I think it'll stick around for awhile though
>>
>>329839927
>In a 1v1 game, they are forced to admit that they are in fact, not special

false

shitters blame ANYTHING but themselves, if there's no other human players they'll say the CPU is cheating, otherwise they'll blame imput lag, "B-BUT I JUMPED", "HOLY SHIT DODGE IDIOT! <---talking to the character he is controlling in the god damn platformer", there's no curing it and there's no excusing it.
>>
>>329841116
Theres also the possibility he was talking about people older than himself too. Did you think about that at all?
>>
>>329842353
>Gamers just became pussies

Actually games became more accessible so less "gamey" people were drawn to them, now the market is fuckhuge but the big part of it (where most of the cash flows) is in casuals, I remember how in 2007 ps3 and box360 fanboys coined the term "hardcore gamer" for themselves accusing the Wii of being "casual" when all that console did was embrace the big fat piece of the actual audience that brings in the cash when it comes to videogames and that's all publishers tried to seek in videogames to begin with since 1990s, people don't realize it but they are constantly battling to find the soft spot between casual and hardcore so oldfags will fall for it and retards will buy it because it's tailored for them, old videogames were made with an entirely different mindset, you want that mindset back? make your own videogame company, then you'll inevatably fall back to that "casual" market you so despised as a gamer before because "hardcores" can't compare in terms of sales, no matter how good your game is.
>>
>>329842353
Cod and Mobas aren't to blame, these kind of players were always there, they just weren't playing WoW back then in larger numbers.
>>
>>329845446
>SC2 is pretty decently fun now in LotV
No. It's not.
>>
>>329846561
It really is, game has never been better

Probably the 2nd best RTS ever released at this point
>>
But yet fighting games are more popular than ever so how do you explain that
>>
>>329846815
They're still small as fuck despite being "more popular than ever"
>>
>>329846743
I don't think you actually play.

the game is still fuckn horrible and the community is even worse.
>>
File: 1456966930252.jpg (276 KB, 998x690) Image search: [Google]
1456966930252.jpg
276 KB, 998x690
>>329846743
It was created after the Activision merger, it's by default shit.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/128252-a-short-history-of-activision-blizzard-or-how
>>
>>329846918
I play daily, I'm masters right now, do you play or do you just say it's shit because it's a dank /v/ meme?
>>
>>329846815
>top 2 most popular fighting games at most popular fighting game tournament are 4 player brawlers
>>
>>329842560
This and only this
>>
>>329838039
League of Legends reminds me of rollerball, constantly changing the rules so that no one can actually get good at the game. It's almost like its not supposed to be a game you are supposed to be good at but instead just a way to break down individuality for you to embrace collectivism.
>>
>>329838039
Dawn of war 2 retrebution 1v1 scene is good
>>
>>329846561
Yes it is, anon. I'm having fun with it anyway.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.