[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: One thing that bothers most people but DOESN'T bother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: fps_update_m4_reload.gif (3 MB, 800x333) Image search: [Google]
fps_update_m4_reload.gif
3 MB, 800x333
ITT: One thing that bothers most people but DOESN'T bother you and one thing that doesn't bother most people but DOES bother you.

Doesn't Bother me: When all of the bullet based guns in the game use the same Ammo Pool.

Does Bother Me: When a gun doesn't show bullets in the magazine when reloading.
>>
Either way PD2 is still shit
>>
doesnt bother me: game with awful gameplay but great story

does bother me: above average gameplay but awful, unenjoyable story
>>
>>329804739
PD2 was one of the only cases where this came to mind. Was a disapointing update anyways.
>>
doesn't bother me: this thread

does bother me: op's faggotry
>>
>>329804573
What really fucking bothers me is all the fancy wobbling the gun doe sduring the animations.

The exaggerated "wavy" motions of waving the gun up and down when taking out the magazine and raising it back up to put a new one in is ridiculous. Is fucking Majinn Buu holding the gun while on the moon or some shit? Hold it like a man.

Killzone 3 was littered with this shit.
>>
>>329804573
Doesn't Bother me: Downgraded graphics

Does bother me: Unrealistic weapon/armour sizes regardless of the setting
>>
>>329806323
>Unrealistic sizes
Anything released relating to Half Life was a mess with shit like that. Refrigerators half the size of your character to trash bins twice as tall as you and doors that are 3 times too big.
>>
File: may.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
may.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
Doesn't bother me: Losing at a video game

Does bother me: When video game towns have tons of houses/buildings but you can't go inside any of them.
>>
>>329806437
It's hard to make small things with brushes.
>>
>>329804573
>character doesn't actually look down the scope/sights in VATS
>bolt action rifle for left handed shooter but used by a right handed shooter making animations awkward as fuck
>no pump action shotguns
>power armor can still operate trigger mechanism even though the fingers wouldn't fit the trigger guard
>double action revolver magically cocks the hammer when used in power armor
Fallout 4 is a fucking nightmare for me.
>>
Doesn't bother me: Dumb mindless shooters, "Wahh, the game requires no thought, it's just whack a mole" Your point being? Sometimes that's what i want.

Does bother me: Unrealistic game mechnics in a game where everything else is trying to be realistic. I know it's "just a game", i don't care.
>>
>>329806980
Newsflash
FO4 is trash
>>
>>329807062
Don't play Stalker on any difficulty than Master if you end up trying it.
>>
>>329807289
Why?
>>
>>329807232
I still have some hope that the GECK will allow modders to fix at least some of the terrible animations.
>>
Doesn't Bother Me: Badly written and performed dialog in a cheesy game.

Does Bother Me: When two characters use THE EXACT SAME SET OF ANIMATIONS in the same cutscene.
>>
File: 1358126088965.gif (409 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1358126088965.gif
409 KB, 250x188
Doesn't bother me: Grinding
Does bother me: High numbers right off the bat in RPG's.
I fucking hate starting a game and doing more than 100 damage.
>>
>>329807395
Enemies are bulletsponges, playing on master gives enemies and you the same health.
>>
>game tries to be realistic, reloading from an empty mag takes longer to chamber first round
>but reloading from a partial mag doesn't give you an extra round from the chamber

That and spare ammo pooling into magically full mags also annoys, but at least that's a gameplay decision since most FPS players are too brain dead to follow that logic. The chambered round disappearing is unacceptable though.
>>
>>329807395
Stalker's difficulty works bass ackwards from how most games work. The game was originally designed with one difficulty: Master, but the publisher forced them to add more.
Basically as you go down in difficulty, you and the enemies both can take more damage and guns become slightly less accurate. So on Master, you can plug most enemies down in a few shots, but you also go down in a small number of shots.

The only issue with this is it makes artifacts a little less useful when your gun can solve 90% of problems, so you have less incentive to use artifacts and other stat based objects.
>>
>>329807395
Every character affected by the actor.ltx file has reduced accuracy on lower difficulties to make it easier. They forgot that you are affected by that file too.
>>
>>329807686
>>329807832
Thanks
>>
>>329807453
If I see that "waves outstreched hand in front of body" from DXHR one more time
>>
>>329807613
I like the way DayZ handles weapons and ammo, too bad the game itself is a broken mess and will likely never be finished.
>>
>>329804573
>One thing that bothers most people but DOESN'T bother you
720p
>one thing that doesn't bother most people but DOES bother you.
30 fps
>>
>>329804573
dosen't bother me: enemies not having animations when hit.

Does bother me: weak ass first person animations and sounds.
This is the reason I don't replay half-life 2 or the episodes.
>>
File: NEO.png (173 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
NEO.png
173 KB, 800x600
>>329809246
If you want to try a game that has detailed inventory management and actually gives you the time to play around with it, check out Neo Scavenger. It's part survival game, pseudo-rpg, and part adventure game but has enough interactivity and interesting content to make it work.
>>
>>329811417
WTF is up with that thumbnail
>>
>>329804573
What the fuck is the difference besides the added piss filter on the new one?
>>
>>329811528

I'm sorry you have no eyes Anon.
>>
>>329811417
Where the fuck is he keeping that shopping trolley?
>>
>>329811685
I can see that it doesn't look any better or worse than the other.
>>
>>329811772
The shopping Trolly is on the ground. Right side is his actual inventory space. He can load items into the backpack, throw it on his back or carry it with one hand and hold an item with the other if he wants extra space. See those two little white balls in the upper left? Those are empty plastic bags, since a bunch of contain items take up less space when empty,
>>
>>329812050
Read the OP then it will become obvious. Or you're just really fucking stupid.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.