[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ think this is a good game/series? The Souls series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: ds.jpg (49 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
49 KB, 250x310
Why does /v/ think this is a good game/series?

The Souls series have all only been an 8 at best. Almost overrated as Undertale... baka
>>
>>329781349
Ratings from the same critics who give games like The Walking Dead, The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 game of the years.

It's obvious where their priorities lie.
>>
>>329781457
>It's obvious where their priorities lie.

in games that they enjoy?
>>
>>329781515
And that's fair enough if it is the case.

But it doesn't fall in line with the majority of \v\ (or vocal minority, who knows).
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 960x960
>>329781349
they are meme games and we are memesters

whats not to love?
>>
>>329781349
first half of DaS is a masterpiece and not recognizing this makes you a fucking shitter
>>
>>329781349
Because the combat is fun, experimenting with enemies is fun, the exploration is fun and the setting isn't.
>>
>>329781349
are you implying 8/10 isn't "good"

you should kill yourself
>>
File: oh.jpg (10 KB, 248x250) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
10 KB, 248x250
>>329782035
>first half
You know that games are treated as a whole for purpose of giving a grade to them?

I would say that for me DaS1 is solid 8,5/10 and DaS2 is 7
>>
>>329782243
He assumed you were a shitter who couldn't get passed the asylum, let alone Biggie & Smalls.
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (53 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
53 KB, 500x682
>>329782306
I was not this anon who he was referring to. Funnily enough most tries took me bed of chaos and manus
>>
>>329782397
Bed of Chaos is a gimmick, dying ~10-15 times is average if you have no clue what to do at first.
>>
>8 at best
>not good

You're probably one of those people who only rate with 7 up to 10.

It's like 6 and below doesn't exist for some reason.
>>
>>329782559
Friend told me that I have to kill seals on right and left to "access" the boss ,still died 6 times
>>
>>329781349
It's a step harder from the rest of modern games, which makes all these edgy babbies here feel cool playing, while actually never having experienced a truely difficult game.

>>329782035
>first half of DaS is a masterpiece
On your first playthrough perhaps. After this Souls games become boring as fuck.
>>
>>329782641
Is that supposed to be bad?
That's decent. Probably better than average.
>>
>>329782696
>A game that's about exploration and figuring out enemy patterns is boring when replaying the same way.
>>
>>329782739
Well maybe, but I don't understand this meme "this game is hard". It does need you to assimilate to mechanics used in game once you do it it is normal game, you can die unexpectedly from surprise on unexpected attacks on bosses but that's it. I think most of this thing comes from souls dropping after you are killed because if someone didn't learn the game at this stage he feels like it is tedious because he can't even level up
>>
>>329782806
It's always boring. Changing classes doesn't help there.
It's just another one of these modern "cinematic experience" games, which look fancy but have no replayability at all.
The fact that most players merely play this laggy pvp combat later on only proves this.
>>
>>329783050
>these modern "cinematic experience" games

What the fuck are you even doing in this thread?
>>
>>329782931
It's from two things actually, the relative difficulty of the combat compared to most other AAA games and the permanent loss of currency on death, as you said.
You need to think about the average person playing it and whether or not they'll have difficulty playing it. I'd say they would.
>>329783050
>Changing classes
That's not what I meant, it's more about exploring the world and finding out about the lore, the characters and their interactions as well, not to mention the "secrets" in the game.
Also
>It's just another one of these modern "cinematic experience" games
kill yourself
>>
Name a better game.
You can't.

Inb4 people try and defend dragons dogma though. Or god forbid MH.
>>
>>329783283
>exploring the world and finding out about the lore, the characters and their interactions as well, not to mention the "secrets" in the game
You easily can do this all almost entirely in a single playthrough. I played through the game in 90 hours and only watched lets plays of it afterwards. Barely anything in these lets plays was new to me.
>>
File: bonfire.png (2 MB, 986x1000) Image search: [Google]
bonfire.png
2 MB, 986x1000
>>329783283
I think that people find this game hard because it actually punish for failure. In most modern games when you die you will spawn max 5 min before what you have been doing (often much shorter) and if u fail to collect your souls you lose much more
I think that the thing that they did in DaS2 is going a little overboard because they punish you for trying to learn a game(loosing max hp to a certain point)
>>
>>329783616
>you will spawn max 5 min before what you have been doing
As does DS, the only place I can think that doesn't iirc is nito
It's just more difficult.
>>329783506
Yes you can do a lot of the game in a single play through. Just not all of it. And I really doubt you did/found the majority of the content without looking up a guide.
>>
>>329783931
>And I really doubt you did/found the majority of the content without looking up a guide.
The only time I looked up a guide was to find the smith in the catacombs, because it was driving me nuts to know it was there but couldn't find it. This and how to find Quelana. Anything else is easy to find anyway since you constantly have player messages holding your hand.
>>
>Why does /v/ think this is a good game/series?
>The Souls series have all only been an 8 at best

Yes, isn't that good?
>>
>>329784246
>Anything else is easy to find anyway since you constantly have player messages holding your hand.
I keep forgetting that's a thing.
I live in a shitty region, so I get almost no messages
>>
You can say what you want abotu the other games but Bloodborne is an undisputed 10/10
>>
>>329784490
>20fps
>10/10
I own the game, but the framerate makes my eyes burn
>>
>>329781349
>The Souls series have all only been an 8 at best
10/10
>>
Isn't an 8 a good game?
>>
>>329781349
because dark souls is an awesome game and undertale got cocksucking reviews?
>>
File: 1455968512589.png (80 KB, 226x233) Image search: [Google]
1455968512589.png
80 KB, 226x233
>>329781349
what is a good 10/10 game for you then? Cause I feel like Das does almost everything better than other simliar games.

great designs and artstyle, deptful and dinamic combat and character costumazition, lot of replayability, fun multiplayer and the lore is pretty interesting if you actually follow it.

the game balances these pretty good
every little utility item is impactful, every weapon/armor has it's own tweaks that make them unique, the game is full of rewarding exploration and tons of little touches.
>>
>>329784857
I really enjoy Dark Souls, but just a couple of things:

Heavy armor is useless in DS1. DS2 kind of makes up for it. Every viable build is about the fast roll.

DS1 multiplayer is a backstab shitfest.

The rest is good.
>>
>>329781349
>DeS - 8.5
>DaS - 9.0
>DaS2 - 7.0
>BB - 9.0

Fight me.
>>
I think that SoulsBorne as a series tends do a specific crowd, and the game is a masterpiece to that crowd, but overrated to anyone else

I haven't seen anyone really rate DaS1 as "average"

it's either a masterpiece or a piece of shit
>>
>Boot game up for the first time
>Fight my way to undead parish
>You have been invaded by XxD3vilSn1p3Xx
>He runs over
>Hits me once
>I suddenly become cursed
>Die instantly
>Infected with the egg head

Why is that allowed to happen?
>>
>>329788650
restart a new character and get back to where you were in 10 mins because youre still in undead parish
>>
>>329788650
Its not allowed to happen. Its a hack.

But really, egg head is great, and curse isn't that big of a deal. As the other guy said, restart. You weren't far at all anyway.
>>
>>329786081
good rankings. Excited for glitchwave?
>>
>>329789285
Is that the RYM spin-off?

If so, yes
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.