[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Man's Sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: monolith.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
monolith.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What's your opinion on the $60 price tag? Do you feel it could be justified if the game delivers enough diversity in its assets?

What did you think of the gameplay they've shown recently? I'm expecting a lot from unhospitable worlds, and having to learn alien language for perks might be cool.
>>
I still don't know what the gameplay is

>Red planet with green grass
>Green planet with blue grass
>Blue planet with red grass

I can't fucking wait for release, the butthurt around it will be delicious.
>>
>>329772130
>I still don't know what the gameplay is
How so? They've shown videos of gameplay already. The firs tresult when you type "no man sky gameplay" on youtube is a 18-minutes long demo.
>>
>>329772274

Gameplay

>get out of ship
>walk around
>get back into ship
>fly to new planet
>repeat
>>
>>329772682
So collecting resources, shooting at animals and robots attacking yourself, and upgrading your possessions to be more efficient doesn't count as "gameplay"? Why? Sure this is basic stuff, but basic games are still games.
>>
>>329772682
BUT THE GAME IS INFINTE YOU LITERALL RETTURD
>>
File: never pay more than 20 bucks.jpg (186 KB, 879x670) Image search: [Google]
never pay more than 20 bucks.jpg
186 KB, 879x670
>>
>>329771696
omfg, not this stupid thread again

OP go play some video games, then maybe you'll know that content/gameplay>Game Developer
>>
>>329772682
>gamplay
>press enter
>press w
>press esc
>repet
>>
>>329772846
uh yeah, why wouldn't any of that stuff count as game play? Where's the problem?
>>
>>329771696
>What's your opinion on the $60 price tag?
It costs what games cost. I don't see how this is in any way noteworthy.
>>
>>329773432
you could some up any game, whether it be Sryrim, The Witcher, or EVE in the childish manor you are. Try providing a real argument, or highlighting actual problems other than "HUR, YOU PRESS BUTTONS IN THE GAME; THEREFORE IT'S REPETITIVE"
>>
>>329771696
Singleplayer.
>>
>>329773432
>laugh like a japanese person and then bring up the menu
I don't get it
>>
>>329771696
>unlimited worlds!
>green planet, red planet, desert planet, water planet
Ok.
>>
Even if the developer offered me fresh pussy on a golden plate, 60 bucks would still be too much
>>
>>329773672
this is a bad analogy because 95% of /v/ would pay 60 dollarydoos for that.
>>
File: 1385168423468.jpg (341 KB, 1200x882) Image search: [Google]
1385168423468.jpg
341 KB, 1200x882
I think if you are the type of person who was super interested in playing NMS to begin with you wouldn't mind the pricetag because games in it's subgenre are so rare and it's so far ahead of anything comparable.

>>329772130
lemmie tell you what the gameplay loop is and what the systems are since apparently i'm the only fucking one watching videos on it

>goal is to get to the center of the universe
>in order to do that, you need a ship and gear that is capable handling the jumps of that distance and hostile environments, since the closer you get, the more hazordous planet's atmospheres are and the more violent the wildlife is
>there's a variety of alien factions that you can ally with or piss off that can give you missions and have bases and trade routes
>in order to upgrade ships, your weaponry, tools, and suit, you need resources
>you mine resources from planets, be a trader to get them via being a merchant, or can be a raider and steal them from other factions
>mining actually alters the landscape permanently, as does weapons
>your mining tool duals as your on foot weapon, as well as yourr scanning tool upgrades to it ehance those eletns, such as shooting a constant beam instead of a blast, or having enhanced scanning ranges or mining abilties
>your suit protects you from harm from the big bad AI force, wildlife, and hazardous elements in seas or atmosphere or heat/cold. Upgrading it enhances what it can withstand damage wise, your speed and jetpack abilities, and what elements/tempatures it can withstand
>both planet's atmosphere, seas, and the materials you mine are built off of an in game fictional periodic table
>Therre are different classes of ships, such as light fighters, medium sized freighters, and other classes yet to be announced. Upgrading your ship will alter it's combat abilities, the amount of space it can warp drive between, and basically all the shit suit upgrades do
>Ships and mining tools are procedural generated like animals and plant life
>>
>>329774225
>gameplay loop
babbies first gamasutra article
>>
>>329771696
>getting the game on console
>not just getting it on pc
>not getting it from a website other than steam where it's tons cheaper
>>
>>329774332
I don't think i've ever even been to gamasautra
>>
>>329771696
it could be alright
it could be good
It could be great
it will be none of those things
>>
File: 1324603121001.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1324603121001.png
8 KB, 493x402
So I don't see anything concrete in this thread. Is there even any gameplay to this game?

And also the planets all look like the same foggy shit with different colors, would there even be a point to playing this instead of booting up space engine?
>>
>>329774225
It is sounds cool on paper, but execution lacking in everything.

No story.
No dialogues.
No characters.
No politics.
No advanced leveling up system.
No upgrade tree. No nothing.

Fly, press X to gather materials.
Press X to attack ship.
Red planet, Green Planet, Blue planet.
Shoot robots and dinosaurs.
Repeat.
>>
>>329774441
there must have been some article a couple of weeks or so ago since so many retards started using term so you probably picked it up from some reviewer e-celeb
>>
>>329774645
I wouldn't pay more than $25 for this, even $25 is pushing it.
>>
>>329771696
Another terrible attempt at marketting his piece of shit game.Murray, go back to that shithole in Youghal and leave games development to someone with talent, you hack.
>>
>X Stillbirth finally gets the Rebirth it deserves
>people are more excited for this procedural generated crap
>>
>>329775324
4.0 hasn't fixed rebirth.
>>
>>329771696
>What's your opinion on the $60 price tag?

It was gonna be $30 until they saw all the memefaggots jumping off the star citizen bandwagon so they spent a shitload on marketing and doubled the pricetag
>>
>Procedurally generated world
kek. Only a fucking moron would pre-order this. You're all being fucked conned.
>>
People are really making a lot of the gameplay we've seen which is typical of gamers.
People are also making out they're super smart for only now realising maybe all the shit they made out about the game might not be true. Also typical.
>>
>>329774645
>No story.
How do you know that? They've confirmed a story in the game

>No dialogues.
Two days ago there was a showing where the journalists saw a NPC talking to you in alien language

>No characters.
Probably not, yeah, so?

>No politics.
There's factions opposing against each other and you can pick side.
Why do you want politic ina space game about flying around anyway?

>No advanced leveling up system.
You have tog et stronger to survive harsher planet, see the video from two days ago.

>No upgrade tree. No nothing.
Upgrades are a thing and you need to upgrade your ship, your tool and your suit.

You're either too dumb to do a basic google search or shitposting.
>>
Umm... pretty cool. Sounds like Elite done right, but 25 years too late. If this was a smaller indie project everybody would love it, but since they are catering it to a mainstream audience this is going to be a hilarious flop when the ADD kids realize that there's absolutely nothing to do in the game, except for exploration.
>>
>>329775413

Its perfectly playable now and Home of Light is actually good. Its no X3 but its a good sequel to Dark Star One.
>>
>>329771696
Can I crush cunt in this game?
>>
>>329776067
SINGLEPLAYER
WITH SHARED UNIVERSE
>>
>>329771696
>60
A steep price, but I'm willing to play it. I've been excited about this since Starbound flopped, so I really need this to be good.
>>
>>329776275
kek
>>
Super greedy. There is no reason for the costumers to pay for their development time, size etc. since if that were the case games like witcher, asscreed should be worth 110$.

Only media person to call out how it is, is Jeff Gerstmann from what I hear, not directly for this mind you.

Gaming media has been absolutely toxic regarding this question.
>>
>>329771696
It's like a Space engine but with spore level space simulation. Flop of the year.
>>
>>329776414
It's inevitable, actually. Development costs for those fuckhuge AAA games are constantly increasing, so it wouldn't surprise me if 89.95 become standard upon release, followed by the mandatory DLC packs.
>>
>>329776414
>There is no reason for the costumers to pay more money for games that cost more to make.

I get your point about Witcher and others "biggers" games, but thoses usually appeal to more people and therefore sell more units, while NMS always looked like a niche game to me.
>>
>>329774796
Actually, no, I sorta just made it up right now on the spot to describe what I was trying to get across in my post.

Not suprised it's an existing term though since it's a pretty obvious way to describe it.

>>329774645
there actually is story and dialog and characters and politcs, that's part of the missions and factions shit, which, to be fair, was only really detailed in the past few days.

There's absolutely an upgrade tree and we even got video of it back when the upgrading stuff was first detailed and that same video is where I got the info about the suit/tool stuff from.

>proof it fggt

I don't know the upgrade vdeo url but one of the faction ones is http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/03/no-mans-sky-ps4-hands-on-the-real-game-begins-to-reveal-itself
>>
>>329776664
AAA model with DLC and Season Passes is amazing fucking value comparing it to these indie games.
>>
Its neat, but not exactly something I would spend $60 on. Maybe $20-30.
>>
>>329773573
wwwwww
>>
>From the developers of Joe Danger and Joe Danger 2
>>
>>329778708
>Indie devs shouldn't be ambitious
>>
i havnt owned a console in years, but i thought around £50 was standard for a brand new game this gen?

on steam this game is £40, which means youll be able to get it a bit cheaper online

i dont really see the problem
>>
>>329771696
>Do you feel it could be justified

there's nothing to justify
>>
Can I walk around inside my own space ship? This is important.
>>
>>329778941
no

but all you do is walk around everywhere else so its okay
>>
>>329778941
No, space ships are more like cars.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.