[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanted to buy a new game on STEAM, a fighting game. I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
I wanted to buy a new game on STEAM, a fighting game. I thought about buying Street fighter 5, but it seems to me that the main appeal of the game is that they brought back fan favorites that people have been begging for. The game looks pretty flat content wise as it is. I know there's supposed to be this "huge update" coming June, but there's little to no details on it. I liked the idea of the whole "earn points to buy stuff" but something tells me there's a catch.. On the other hand I was thinking of buying MKX, problem is, I bought injustice on PC when it was new and the playerbase died out FAST, like holy shit fast. The characters were extremely unbalanced as well. Doomsday, solomon grundy, bane, other big characters can easily power the fuck through any move you were in the middle of performing with there numerous armor moves. Any advice on what game to buy?
>>
>>329758538
if you like online buy SFV MKX will fuck you on PC
>>
MKX is shit and dead. Get SFV.
>>
MKX is nearing it's end as they released the final "Kombat Pack" they're already working on MK11, SF5 on the other hand is brand new and will be maintained and updated for a good 7 years or so since Capcom vowed to stop making "MasterUltraDeluxRemixArcade" Editions and just stick with one game.
>>
>>329758649
>MKX will fuck you on PC
??????
>>
>>329758649
>>329758780
>>329758825
wow that was fast
>>
>>329758649
lol wut
>>
mkx
>>
>>329758825
no its not
>>
>>329758538
NRS pretty much dropped all support for MKX on PC. SFV is also a lackluster port, and it indeed has next to no content. I say skip both, play Killer Instinct instead.
>>
>>329758908
Mportal kombat is always a shit port on pc. I cant even get 30fps on mk9 on pc, the one amd only game I bought on steam that I wanted my money back. Thats before they did refunds
>>
>>329758825
>SFV will be maintained

Will ot?
The game is selling like shit. If the game bombs and loses a bunch of money, Capcom isn't maintaining shit. The game will be dropped because it didn't turn a profit. Mind you Capcom didn't even have the cash to make the damn game. Sony basically bankrolled the entire thing.
>>
>>329761504
Yea but you gotta install windows 10 just to play it.

op I would suggest getting kof steam edition, its fast pace and has a good fan base on steam
>>
>>329761662
retard
>>
>>329758908
neitherrelm pays more attention to the console version compared to the PC

>PC master race
>>
File: boonshit.jpg (39 KB, 327x332) Image search: [Google]
boonshit.jpg
39 KB, 327x332
>>329758538

MKX is a fucking abortion of a port on PC, and it has been abandoned. It hasn't been patched in months and PC isn't getting the upgrade to MKXL. The company that handled the port has been fired TWICE from previous projects.

Just check out the community, and see for yourself how abysmal it is.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/307780/discussions/

As for SFV, it's a really hard sell at the moment. It's barebones with matchmaking being limited to single rooms. I'm personally enjoying playing with my buds, but I can't recommend it as it is.
>>
>>329761741
You mean like how SF3 was maintained?
Don't be a fucking retard. Companies sell games to make money. Game doesn't make money, it doesn't get much support. And currently SFV is indeed not selling very well.
>>
File: zuR9ss0[1].gif (4 MB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
zuR9ss0[1].gif
4 MB, 350x196
>Mortal Shitbag

lol

Game's shit on Steam. Get it on a console if you must.
>>
>>329758538
Ew anyone who thinks SF x MK would be good should be shot.
>>
>>329758908
PC doesn't get the XL update, NRS just said fuck it and gave the netcode update and characters to console only.
>>
>>329758825
There will be more dlc for mkx on console maybe even a kp3 ed boon has teased about possibly having more dlc.
Its popular on consoles, so was injustice which is guaranteed to be being worked on now
>>
>>329762502
SF3 got two full expansions. A total of 9 characters, as well as major gameplay updates, an entire new set of stages, and a new soundtrack.
>>
wow all the SF fanboys
>>
>>329762502
>currently

And it broke the Evo reheat ration record in four fucking days. Capcom planned for the long-term, man.
>>
>>329758538
>Capcom doesn't want to see Ryu get decapitated in some way in a SFvMK game
>>
>>329758538
Get KoF 1998 or 2002 or both

if you really want something animu then Guilty Gear >>> BlazBlue
>>
>>329758538
You can wait for KI on pc too
>>
>>329768083
Even as a mk fan, mkx for pc is fucking awful port that is not even going to get the last bach of dlc characters the console version is going to get neither the netcode fix.
>>
>>329758538
the best advise i can give you is just download roms and start playing on fightcade its amazing kof 2k2 and sf3 and kof 98 are most played there
>>
>>329770862
blame WB the stupid fuckers gave that to some shit studeo
>>
Wasn't MK9 good on PC? What happened with MKX?
>>
>>329772213
WB happened just look at batman
>>
man. I really wanted to buy MKX. I mean..after the whole SJW take over at neatherealm and the major changes they made not want to buy the game (Giving the women "realistic" breast sizes, no more sexy outfits, redesign cassy cages face to resemble a real woman because she was to "unrealistically hot in the face") but hearing this just sealed the deal
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.