[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most overhyped game of all times? At this point I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: NewEridu.png (2 MB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
NewEridu.png
2 MB, 1919x1079
Is this the most overhyped game of all times? At this point I literally hope it fails harder than Daikatana.
>>
>>329756082
Why do people pre-order this?
>>
>overhyped
I dunno, OP. I feel like nothing is ever really overhyped unless I'm hyped for it.
>>
>people hyped for this
>Elite: Dangerous does everything this game is claiming to do and more

It's not even an impressive concept. Noctis did this exact thing 16 years ago.
>>
I just want to explore these planets and moons and see all the cool stuff that's going to appear. That's all there is to it. I'm a huge space buff and nature buff. This is the type of game I've been wanting. I can't wait for it to come out.
>>
>>329756594
For three years they are showing gameplay on the main stage on E3 and talk about the game on the Colbert Show and there is nothing really there. Just flying to procedurally generated planets. That's it? I was looking forward to it 3 years ago, but now I really think I don't even want to play it. There are other games of this type that will actually have content and no one hypes about them, like Planet Nomads or Infinity: Battlescape
>>
>>329756813
Does ED really? From what I've seen of ED it's a shinier Truck Simulator that they charge you twice for and only recently can you land on... moons. This game actually looks beautiful.
>>
>>329757029
You really want to pay 60 USD just for that? It will be like Spore, cool concept, boring game.
>>
>>329757421
The difference here is that No Man's Sky isn't being meddled with or altered, and we have a release date. Not only that, but the concepts and gameplay have been consistent throughout what's been shown. There's going to be a lot of copy-pasted planets, but the different terrain and increase of complex creatures and events make things fun. The final product of Spore and No Man's Sky aren't even comparable.
>>
>>329757029
Like this anon said, I just want to explore a sandbox universe. I loved the concept of sandbox games since hunter on the amiga and since then this is the game I have always wanted to play.
I have 1000's of games and not that metal gear story has finished I dont want or need to play any game for its story.

Im not expecting this game to grip my attention 24/7 for years, I think it will be more of a lighthearted game I pick up whenever I just want to escape reality.
Just explore space.
Im excited for this game its the only game on my list this year so far.
I feel it potentially could be a never ending game for everyone and if the support for it is strong could possibly be as a big of a game as minecraft.

I will preorder when the official pc specs come out
>>
File: 1450030948971.gif (763 KB, 450x255) Image search: [Google]
1450030948971.gif
763 KB, 450x255
>>329756082
There was more hype for the piece of repetitive trash that is Fallout 4.
>>
Is it true there is no co-op?
>>
>>329758505
Lol wut? Fallout 4 was announced last summer and released 5 months after that.
>>
>>329758676
It had been hyped up since 2010. Not just after E3.
>>
>>329757421
not him, but I like it forr the same reason, I thought spore was worth my money, even just fucking around in the editors was enough fun for that.

Also, the gamepart of spore was fun enough too. Was it was good as we wanted it to be? fuck no, but it was still an 8/10 game with a ton of replay value.

Also, it actually had a good expansion.

As I see it, i'm paying money for a super enhanced version of space engine with NMS, and i'm fine with that.
>>
See here's what I'm wondering. Any Indie dev in their right mind would know that games like this don't get purchased by a majority of people and will get pirated since indie games are typically easy to get into, but I'm wondering if it's that expensive because they're working with Denuvo or something similar and it fixes the two "issues" in their mind. There's no way I'm going to purchase this for $60 and this is going to fail like planetary annihilation
>>
>>329756813
>>329757418
His shitposting, E:D Horizons is absolutely bland and boring.
>>
>>329758634
even as somebody who has followed the game closely and thinks /v/ is bullshit and just hasn't bothered to look shit up when they claim they haven't shown off gameplay, which is false, it IS true that they have been intentionally vague about if it's possible to interact with other players.

It's possible you might be able to meet up with people eventually if you go to the same place, but maybe not. Actual co-op where you spawn together is almost certainly a no.
>>
I'm going to buy this game and enjoy it
>>
People care about this garbage?
>>
>>329756082
It's going to flop and in a year I'm going to pick it up used on ps4 for pennies and have a great couple of weeks with it because I think it looks neat
>>
>>329759880

Can confirm this. No co-op, saw Sean Murray confirm this in an interview. He said the odds of running into another player were less than 1%

Is gag tho, I want this to be a solitary experience
>>
>>329760094

Idgaf*
>>
>>329756082
>singleplayer survival
Guaranteed failure. Survival games are only fun with friends.
>>
>>329760094
Is that because for $60 only one person will buy it? I just wanted to travel and adventure through space with a friend of mine. At least you'll enjoy it, anon.
>>
This is my interpretation of the interviews i've watched

>its singleplayer
>the universe is synced when you play connected to the internet
>if you visit a planet and someone beat you there itll download the named things by players
>anything you do on a planet will not effect anyone elses game, including dicks and tunnel boring
>if you both fly to the same planet you wont see each other
>space stations are literally impossible to destroy but he wants to give you the shallow depth of pretending your actions have meaning on the universe: see freelancer.

and that's my deductions.
>>
>>329760534

So do you think there is an offline mode or is this an online game a-la destiny?

Does everyone share the same universe
>>
>>329760806
He said pretty clearly they wanted the players not to be forced to be always online, so I imagine an internet connection might be required sometimes but I don't think it will be an always online thing.
>>
>>329759880
how can you meet someone else in the game if the planets are procedurally generated for each player?.
>>
>>329761076
Procedurally does not imply randomly anon, they're almost certainly worked off a master seed that determines the pseudo random generation of the world, if the server isn't telling us the seed of each planet statically when we render it in, then there is a master seed we use so every person gets the same planet.

if you've played minecraft its pretty easy to understand.

We're all playing the same universe generator, but we start in different places making it a "different" meme experience.
>>
File: 1430535749383.gif (886 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
1430535749383.gif
886 KB, 294x233
>spore space age: the (failed) mmo
nah, it's shit
>>
>>329761423
Space stage was the most disappointing stage of Spore.
>>
Don't worry guys, the modding community will fix the game anyway.
>>
>>329760534
>space stations are literally impossible to destroy
Because they're the only way to reliably get a ship or something, you can takes its quality down by doing enough damages but you don't want to be stranded on a planet without hyperdrive
>>
>>329762196
t.bethesda
>>
>hoping games are bad
Cancer
>>
>>329762196
That's not how it works. No game in the history was fixed by the modding community. Replacing characters with 12 year old anime girls is not fixing.
>>
>>329762324
I'm just sick of hearing about it for years when it has nothing to show. Same as Daikatana or Watch Dogs or The Division.
>>
>>329762169
color me surprised
>>
>>329762354
Before mods it was impossible to play UFO: Enemy Unknown above the lowest difficulty setting.
>>
>>329762481
You make it seems like everyone's been banging your head about it while apart from this week not a lot as been said or talked about since last E3.

Also I think's it's two years, not three.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.