[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How pathetic is it that a American studio making a licensed game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: south park combat.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
south park combat.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
How pathetic is it that a American studio making a licensed game can completely outclass Nintendo like this?

Hopefully Fractured But Whole makes up for Sticker Star 2
>>
What does this have to do with Nintendo?
>>
>>329732445
Nintendo announced a sequel for Sticker Star, a title everyone hated. Meanwhile many people liked Stick of Truth so Fractured but Whole was geenlighted.
Both are 2D RPG.
>>
Ohhhh... Fractured Butt Hole. I get it now.
>>
Stick of Truth was fun for flavor and basic exploration, but if you knew absolutely anything about RPGs it was easy as shit, especially as a Jew.

Saying that while admitting I'm absolutely unable to talk about Sticker Star. Never played.
>>
You say that like it's hard to outlcass Nintendo.
>>
>>329732378
nintendo has been dead since galaxy 2. you dont have to rub it in.
>>
>>329732445
South Park RPG does a pretty good job of emulating Paper Mario combat

Meanwhile, Colour Blast brought back the Sticker Star system, meaning that combat will be completely pointless.

Ubisoft knows more about what makes a good Paper Mario game than Nintendo does at this point.
>>
>>329732807
>but if you knew absolutely anything about RPGs it was easy as shit, especially as a Jew.
>as a Jew
What
I know nothing about this game.
>>
>>329733017
Basically as you made friends with people around town, you got perks. Several of these perks dealt with dealing more and taking less damage proportionally if you inflicted status effects (burn/bleed/poison (gross out) on your enemy.

By using items and skills, you could easily stack those effects in rapid succession and your damage would drastically soar while the enemys' damage would plunge. This is a very obvious go-to if you actually bother to read the effects.

Jew's main advantage is that his high level skill allows you to apply several of these status effects on the first turn.
>>
>>329733268
>>329733017
oh, if you were asking about as a Jew, "Jew" is literally a class in their lineup. Alternatives are fighter, mage, and thief. Jew is roughly analogous with monk.
>>
>>329732807
game goes easymode as soon you get a bleeding weapon regardless of class
>>
>>329733392
Game is not that hard regardless, but as Jew I'm talking "kill the giant fetus on the first or second turn" easy if you go for those skills.
>>
File: dangre mario.png (111 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
dangre mario.png
111 KB, 500x700
>>329733392
>>329733381
>>329733268
>using customization to break to game
yup, sounds like Paper Mario

meanwhile in SS and Colour Blast, you get no customization whatsoever.
>>
>>329732378
Are they making a sequel of SPST or what?
>>
>>329733770
Pretty much from what it looks like.
>>
File: obsidian.png (1005 KB, 768x1128) Image search: [Google]
obsidian.png
1005 KB, 768x1128
Riddle me this /v/...

How come Obsidian made based Stick of Truth and SJWs didn't go near it? Is it 'cause of Matt and Trey not giving a fuck? You literally crawl inside a faggot's asshole.

Then you've got Pillars of Eternity and the SJWs went rabid over it.

What gives?
>>
>>329734061
>the SJWs went rabid over it.
no they didnt.
>>
File: img (2).png (33 KB, 637x494) Image search: [Google]
img (2).png
33 KB, 637x494
why are these console prices even allowed
>>
File: image.png (123 KB, 293x375) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 293x375
>>329734061
>what gives?

Different writers for different games.

SJWs know Matt and Trey were gonna write The Stick of Truth so they didn't bother.

Pillars of Eternity on the other hand...
>>
>>329734061
>implying SOT wasn't censored to hell
>like literally the government of Australia saying "you can't put this in a game"
>>
>>329734061
They know they can't do anything about it. It's south park. You think they haven't tried in the past? PoE on the other hand is an indie game and you can easily use social pressure to bully such a small group.
>>329734590
That was the AUS government doing it though. Different thing. They are really backwards when it comes to games.
>>
>>329734590
It was censored, but Matt and trey handled it in the most appropriate way, not changing shit and telling the affected countries to blame their government.
>>
>>329734590
The government has power so you have to comply.
Meanwhile Pillars allowed itself to be bullied by some tranny in the internet.
>>
>>329734061
pretty sure sjws know not to go near south park, they just get made fun of
>>
>>329734978
it's more like the creators don't give a shit who they offend, so SJWs don't bother complaining
>>
>>329734384
>console
Found your problem.
>>
>wonderful replica of Paper Mario battle system with fun little twists
>HP auto refills after every battle

I had a ton of fun with the game, and I know: Ubisoft, but c'mon
>>
File: 1434970096139.jpg (227 KB, 648x432) Image search: [Google]
1434970096139.jpg
227 KB, 648x432
>>329734061
>tranny takes offence to joke poem
>director gives complete control over what to do to original writer
>they decide to make it a joke about people taking jokes too seriously mocking the person who complained

>DEY GAVE IN TO THE FAGGITS, THEY SJW NOW
>>
>>329732378
The gameplay for this rpg was shit. Even on the hardest difficulty all you had to do was use an ability that did bleed damage. that shit did percent damage.

this game was LITERALLY broken
>>
>>329732378
Really? Cause besides the jokes and gameplay interacting with the story was pretty shit gameplay.
>>
>>329735751
>LITERALLY broken
As in, you opened up the game case, and the disc was already shattered? Or like the Steam download got fragmented?
>>
>>329732882
it was obsidian. ubisoft bought the publishing rights after THQ went bankrupt
>>
>>329732378
This game was shit so that they two stoners could cash out. Go away shill.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.