[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Shadow Moses, the Unreal Engine 4 fan remake of the original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: mgs4pic2.jpg (43 KB, 420x212) Image search: [Google]
mgs4pic2.jpg
43 KB, 420x212
>Shadow Moses, the Unreal Engine 4 fan remake of the original Metal Gear Solid for PC, is no more. Its developer said in a succinct statement on Facebook today that the project is closing down "for reasons beyond our control."

Do you think retarded fan project guys will ever realize that you don't advertise a copyright-infringing fan project until it is complete and thus when its distribution cannot be stopped? Do they just do it for vanity, knowing the project will never be finished? That's all I can figure.
>>
>>329723907
Didn't they say that Konami gave them the OK?
>>
I think they do it for things like fan support/donations and anyone else that wants to join the team/help. Or at least that's what I think; otherwise it's fucking foolish.
>>
>>329724267
If they did they were lying because doing that would mean Konami would lose the copyright to MGS. You have to defend your copyright or else you lose it.
>>
>>329723907
I saw this coming from miles away. Stupid fucks never learn.

>>329724267
More like they THOUGHT they said it. But seriously now, these fucks ditched Kojima, broke Konami Productions, took the Fox Engine, broke Team Silent a decade ago, and raped Silent Hill's IP harder than any basketball african ever could.
>>
>>329723907
this

Some are even especially stupid and want money for it(I don't mean donations but you have to actually buy it) like some Bloodlines mod.
>>
>>329725304
>donations
>>
File: 1297140225638.jpg (12 KB, 362x379) Image search: [Google]
1297140225638.jpg
12 KB, 362x379
>>329725380
>allowing fan projects means you will lose your copyright
you can't ACTUALLY be this fucking stupid can you?
>>
File: 1384908662756.png (87 KB, 242x206) Image search: [Google]
1384908662756.png
87 KB, 242x206
>>329725410
>despite all this, I still buy YuGiOh cards
>>
>remake in unreal engine 4
Why even? Shadow moses island was hd remade in mgs4 to a tee.
>>
>>329725380
I don't think you understand the law, it's usually based on common sense. Judges would throw it out if it jeopardised people's freedom of fair use, or alternatively jeopardised a content creator's rights to their own product. They don't have to repeatedly stake a claim into their own thing over and over to refresh it.
>>
>>329725806
he's wrong and you're wrong

trademarks are indefinite, copyrights must be renewed

however, if you don't use a trademark for about five years, then you will lose it
>>
>>329725806
>>329725536
They can't lose the copyright but they can lose the trademark.
>However, trademark rights can also be lost unintentionally. For example, in some countries, it is possible to lose rights in a mark by allowing third parties to use the mark without controlling how it is used.
>>
>>329725675
I didn't see Decoy Octopus in MGS4, did you?
>>
>>329726559
He is there you just have to look really hard but that is kind of the point of decoy
>>
>>329726559
That means he knows how to do his job.
>>
>>329725675
There's so much wrong with you where do I start.

This was a remake of the entirety of mgs1

Devs do not have access to mgs4 engine
>>
>>329726886
>>329726979
Shouldn't a Decoy actually be REALLY noticeable and the one who attracts the attention to take it off the real culprit? Isn't Decoy Octopus actually the opposite of what he should be?
>>
>>329725410
I thought Kojima got to keep the Fox Engine and Konami got the rights to MGS....

Fuck Konami. They just couldn't go out quietly. They had to burn every bridge, poison the water and nuke the shore lines.
>>
>>329727158
>I thought Kojima got to keep the Fox Engine
HAHAHAHAHA this isn't how corporations work, mister. They would never sign away an engine to one man.
>>
>>329723907
>Do they just do it for vanity, knowing the project will never be finished?
That should be obvious
>>
>>329727154
He was right in front of you anon, how did you not know?
>>
My theory is that they work on it in secret, then when they realize the true scope of the project and want to give up, they announce it and just kind of string everyone along until the company cans them.
>>
>>329727256
I thought I remember reading that Kojima managed to walk away with the Fox Enginge...

Though in hindsight, that does seem rather stupid.
>>
>>329726460
Basically this. It's like that bs fan remake of Chrono Trigger that people jerked off to even though from the start any rational person knew it was all a lie and the guy just wanted free advertisement for his actual projects
>>
>>329723907
Would the entire fair use act be relevant to this?
>>
>>329727669

>Fan remake

It was a fanmade sequel you absolute moron.
>>
>>329727671
Not even close to fair use. Fair use would cover parody, or a documentary about MGS, or a game inspired by MGS. It doesn't cover a complete remake, or fan fiction.
>>
Speaking of fan remakes, I've completed the free version of Black Mesa recently. I enjoyed it a lot. Bought the Early Access version, now if the Xen would as good as the rest of it I don't even regret it.
>>
>>329723907
>Do you think retarded fan project guys will ever realize that you don't advertise a copyright-infringing fan project until it is complete and thus when its distribution cannot be stopped?

and will stupid people ever realize that the only reason they put it out there before completion is that
>it was never going to be finished
>the "devs" just wanted to put their face out there

i bet it was abandoned long ago. same with any other project
>>
I just fucking know that Nintendo will do something to stop this guy right before he is ready to release it: http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

Drive the final fucking nail into Metroid's coffin, but maybe not since they haven't started shitting on people who do ROMhacks.

Thankfully I think this guy lives in some shithole like Argentina and won't give a fuck about Nintendo telling him to stop.
>>
>>329727158
It's all for the app games and Pachinko anon
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.