[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chaos Legion thread? Other Capcom games are welcome too, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: cl.jpg (6 KB, 263x160) Image search: [Google]
cl.jpg
6 KB, 263x160
Chaos Legion thread? Other Capcom games are welcome too, but don't invite Konami.
>>
>>329720664

I barely remember it. I remember invoking some knight summons and that's that.
>>
Fuck i didnt think i would see this game again. It was the first game in this genre i played.

Might reinstall it sometime
>>
Man that was one hell of a cool game
My favourite legion were the shield one
>>
>>329720664
I played this once, but I don't remember how it ended, just that it was a little lackluster compared to it's big brother, DMC. But those visuals, smooth, 60FPS, and good gameplay though

iirc, it was based on a Japanese-only book, and from what I hear they're nothing alike. I think it'd make an interesting read, but I'd have to learn nip first
>>329721769
My favorite was the claw legion
>>
>Didn't own many games
>Get Chaos Legion
>Holy shit this is amazing
>Finally get the Ultimate Legion
>Time to fucking roflstomp like in the intro!
>It starts as a fucking egg
>>
This game got me interested in games like DMC and Ninja Gaiden. The game had a cool premise, and even if the action wasn't as deep as those other games, it was pretty cool to see you and your legion up against (what felt like) tons of enemies back on the limited hardware of ps2. The game was mediocre or repetitive in a lot of aspects, but I hold a special place for it thanks to it breaking me into the genre.
>>
I got this game after dmc 1 and fucking loved it. Built a gaming pc and download it again. Dat nostalgia. Wish the movement was a little less stiff and you had moves like Dante while your little legions fucked ppl up.

It was a good 6.5/10 upon second time
Playing.
>>
I picked up this game from the pawn shop a few months ago for $3

I'd be pretty disappointed if I paid a lot for it when it was new. It's a step above something like Drakengard in terms of gameplay, but that's not saying much
>>
File: 5445545.jpg (114 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
5445545.jpg
114 KB, 1024x768
I wonder if anyone ever read the book the game was based off of.
>>
>>329720664
Nice gothic atmosphere bra
>>
>tfw always wanted to get the ultimate legion, I remember its name was Thanatos
>couldn't figure out how to open the locks, bought the right summons but still couldn't figure it out
>not internet smart yet
>never looked it up
The end boss was brillant though, when the bloke and the girl morped into a herm-demon thing. It got really repetitive though.
>>
Holy fuck this game had awesome soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS1S8wo6c9w
>>
>>329723808

I figured it out as a kid, the idols are only hidden in like 4 levels anyway. Bomb and whatever gave the double jump was always required though which meant shitty as fuck moves for those levels
>>
>>329723550
I'd read it but you'd need to tell me what it is
>>
>>329724796
Chaos Legion by Tow Ubukata
>>
>>329724796
I dunno. There isn't much info about it.

Other then this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tow_Ubukata being the writer.
>>
>>329720664
One of the most criminally underrated games out there. The whole lore and atmosphere was God Tier. Brings back fond and nostalgic memories.
>>
>>329725026
>>329725136

How interesting. Making a game based on a book. I absolutely never would've guessed it was.
>>
File: Nights_of_Azure_Cover_Art.png (187 KB, 250x354) Image search: [Google]
Nights_of_Azure_Cover_Art.png
187 KB, 250x354
I've read a few people on /v/ say that NoA is a kind of modern Chaos Legion-type of thing. How true is this? I'm not really even excessively into overtly weeb-y stuff, but I might have to pick it up if that's actually a fair description.
>>
>>329725238
I was just curious anon. Don't get too sarcastic.
>>
>>329725416
I'm not sure, but now you have me interested
>>
>>329720664
I still carry the watch that came with the pre-order on my key chain.

I left the game at my ex's though, along with DMC3 Special Edition

I think I'll pick it back up.
>>
>>329725416
Huh. I've heard it being to compered to CL once before. I don't think they look very alike. The gameplay does involve using monsters and such to help you however and it is an ARPG.
>>
>>329725635
That wasn't sarcasm
>>
>>329722690
I hated this, game blue-balls you twice
>>
>>329723816
The music is easily the best part of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDWnzJR2ZZI&index=4&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NXU7LWDiUjoGKgWkor07_l4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yRXPyePGJM
>>
>>329726603
Oh. Sorry.
>>
It sucks how Adult Thanatos is better than Perfect Thanatos
>>
The problem with this game was that you get like two abilities and they're tied to the legions. And you need to grind a lot to unlock more skills. When you finally get everything you're already done with the game
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.