[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else had a go with the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: uncharted 4.jpg (1008 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
uncharted 4.jpg
1008 KB, 1600x900
Anyone else had a go with the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta yet?

I'm quite disappointed. The aiming and movement feel floaty as fuck, walls that should really be climbable block your progress, and the sidekicks feel either worthless (Hunter) or OP as fuck (Brute). The weapons feel really inconsistent. Sometimes guys go down in a couple shots, sometimes it feels like I've put two whole magazines in them to no effect. And I just can't figure out the melee. Are you supposed to time your swings or button mash? Neither seem to work consistently.

Uncharted has never been a good shooter but this just feels weak.
>>
Seems like melee does more damage than weapons.
>>
>>329699917
Thanks, CoD!
>>
>>329699229
I deleted it after 2 matches.

Literally no different from UC3.
I'll probably rent UC4 for the story but that's as far as I'll go.
>>
>>329699229
>Uncharted has never been a good shooter but this just feels weak.

just bought the uncharted collection, and came here to vent. i fucking hate this game (first one). the aiming and movement feels floaty in this one as well. the platforming is awkward, the "puzzles" are a joke, the combat is so fucking tedious. you fight wave after wave of enemies, and when you're finally done, you move on to the next area, where you fight wave after wave of enemies. they just keep coming and coming and coming and coming and oh god please just end it! how did this amateurish junk ever get good reviews? are the later games in the series any better?
>>
Yeah, played a few matches. Don't like it at all. Weapons are awful. Don't like the fact that grenade has a cooldown and even when I die I have to keep waiting instead of respawning with a new one. The hook is kind of hit and miss (quite literally too) and doesn't seem to be very useful. Melee is overpowered. The game looks kinda meh, even for PS4 standards.
It's nothing like the U2 mutliplayer. Shame, I had some hopes.
>>
>>329701686
First game is almost universally considered much worse than the others. 2 is probably the best in my opinion.

That said it's still just shooting with setpieces but with the odd stealth segment now. Gameplay is much more refined though. You've got to just turn your mind off and enjoy the ride
>>
>>329699229
Uncharteds mp has always had each one of these problems, except for this new character bullshit. ND are useless. There is a sp demo with it right?
>>
>>329699917
I'm so done with this trope.
>>
>>329700675
>gameplay needs to be realistic
>>
>>329702667
Yes, you'll enjoy it. It's like 20 minutes long.
>>
>>329704457
There's a SP demo? Do you mean that Introduction to multiplayer segment or am I missing something?
>>
>>329699229
please post screenshots.
>>
>>329705049
sent ;)
>>
>>329706114
;_;
>>
I'm having a blast to be honest, and I don't normally enjoy TPS multiplayer games.
>>
File: HDPVR_20160304_1719.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
HDPVR_20160304_1719.webm
2 MB, 640x360
It's definitely far from perfect, but I'm enjoying the beta so far. I agree with the inconsistent weapons part though, 100% had a head-shot a few times and they didn't go down, but still managed to take me down.
>>
>>329703348
Gameplay should feel logical if not realistic. Otherwise you end up with shenanigans like marathon/lightweight/commando dudes sprinting around knifing people from ten feet away like you did in MW2, a game about 'modern combat' that let you dual wield 19th century lever-action shotguns.
>>
Gunfighting in The Division felt tighter and more satisfying.
>>
Great beta, I think people here are jealous.
>>
>>329708690
Jealous of what?
>>
makes me want to play Last of Us MP
that thing still alive
Maybe ill finally buy PS+
>>
>>329708771
Probably not PS4 owners and can't play it.
>>
>>329708902
But I'm playing it right now. And it's not very good.
>>
>>329708928

Stop shitposting anon
>>
>>329709106
Grow the fuck up kid.
>>
Since this is a beta

How do we give ND feedback about it?
>>
File: 1427837621467.jpg (64 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1427837621467.jpg
64 KB, 800x600
>>329708690
>>329708902
>>329709106
Poor quality bait.

The game is shit. Naughty Dog took all the comments about floaty controls from the previous games and doubled down on them. Even aiming at a stationary target is frustrating as fuck.
>>
>>329709302

Try the forums I guess;

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-4-A-Thief-s-End/bd-p/7462936
>>
>>329701686
Learn to headshot and do melee combos

People shit on the first game but it's solid. Enjoyed it the most out of the series though the final boss is garbage
>>
>>329708843
anyone know?
>>
So how are they gonna justify the MP being 60 fps and SP 30? That there's just too much EPIC SHIT going on in the SP?
>>
>>329709961

The problem is they don't even have to justify it, they have just done it and people will accept it because what else can they do?

Personally I don't even get it, the multiplayer looks decent enough and it runs at 60fps, would people really be that pissed off if the singleplayer looked like that if it could mean 60fps gameplay?
>>
>>329709961
30 fps is more cinematic.
>>
>>329711108

To be honest I think it's more a case of nobody apart from the internet really gives a shit about frame-rate.

Nobody I know in real life seems to really understand FPS, they just when a game "lags" and that's about it.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.