[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> is this your +1 what did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: asd.png (572 KB, 858x484) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
572 KB, 858x484
> is this your +1
what did he mean by this?
>>
>He's apparently the bad guy
>Even though if you're just patient and wait he takes you to do what you originally intended to do, and you don't have to be stuck with a bunch of shit incompetent rebels who are rebelling for no real reason other than MUH OPPRESSION
>>
>>329674485

If you're really asking that question, I think it means "is this the guy you're with" basically, i.e. "you + 1 other guy".
>>
He's bad at math
>>
>>329674485
You plus the other guy, have you never been invited to a wedding or other event?!!!!
>>329674647
I never understood why this was the bad ending
>>
In social events where your RSVP, you indicate how many people are coming with you, so that the host knows how many people to seat and cater.

When someone is single and unattached, their guest is called a +1, because the host may not know in advance who that person is going to be..
>>
>>329674986
Is it called a bad ending by anyone?
>>
>>329675995
>>329674986
>>329674647

The funny thing is that I didn't play this game, but I know about it just because everybody talks about this "bad ending", I don't even know what happens to Pagan in the good ending.
>>
>>329676740
in the other endings you get to either let him escape on a helicopter or shoot it down
if you chose to work for the guy tons of people get executed
if you chose to work for the girl she conscripts child soldiers and she turns the place into a drug state
>>
>>329676937

So in the end Pagan is really kind of a good guy, or at least he's the one that doesn't fuck up so badly?
>>
>>329677272
He's a little better. Much into propaganda and selling drugs to other countries, but at least some force of order.
>>
>>329677272
it's an allegory of western interference in 'failing' dictatorship states

we go in thinking we're making the country a better place and freeing the oppressed from some despotic lunatic when really we're just sowing unrest and giving people who are much worse the opportunity to take over

I'm not sure it was intentional, I wouldn't give ubisoft's writers that much credit. They just failed at making Pagan quite as evil as they intended and as a result the 'grey moral choices' and 'unintended consequences' they present you with actually turn out to all be worse than what Pagan himself has been doing
>>
>>329677272
He's a cunt but he had no beef with the MC since he was the closest thing he had to a son and was planning on giving him the whole fucking country after taking him to his daughter's grave. It's more that he actually liked the MC even after you fucking destroy his regime, but he was still a cunt to pretty much every one else.
>>
>>329677272
Pagan min was gonna give Kyrat anyway, so yea working with Pagan was the only good option.
>>
>>329677272
>>329677424
>>329677545
>>329677548
>>329677636

Now the game seems kinda interesting, but the only way to side with him is waiting 15 minutes in the beginning?
>>
>>329677545
There was some kind of hint at that in 3 that I felt the writers wanted to go in with some of the subtext in that game but couldn't because of Ubisoft. The Far Cry writers are actually decent surprisingly so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the intent. You were certainly meant to be conflicted over Pagan since he's so nice to you and just wants to help you scatter your mother's ashes while simultaneously he violently oppresses an entire nation, even if it's for their own good. Plus the two dickheads you help throughout the game both make things worse and it's pretty heavily focused on, the guy is going to bring back marrying underage children and a bunch of shit like that while the chick just wants to turn the entire country into a soulless godless drug factory with slave labour out the ass. That said it's still Ubisoft but I at least appreciate what the Far Cry writers attempt.
>>
>>329677801
Yea. After those 15 minutes the game also ends though.
>>
>>329677545
I think it was intentional, just they were a bunch of smug, insufferable cunts about it and they decided to make it unfun for the sake of rubbing it in your face.

I think that anybody with half a brain should be able to see fairly early on that joining the rebels is a crazy idea but I felt like I was being treated like a retard for having made a conscious decision rather than following along with Ubisoft's stupid protagonist.

The shit annoyed me so much it almost completely put me off the game.
>>
>>329674647
>rebelling for no real reason other than MUH OPPRESSION
Yeah, whoever heard of people taking offense to being practically slaves and having no basic rights.
>>
>>329677892

Damn, they fucked up a chance to make the game more interesting.
>>
>>329677954
>practically slaves and having no basic rights
What's it said that Pagan actually did that was so bad though? Sure he dismantled the old religion but that's implied to have been incredibly backwards and harmful for the country. The drugs are necessary to keep the country afloat and he keeps it out of his own population. What's so bad?
>>
>>329678078
Pagan is also shown as using torture and killing people working for him that he's not pleased with. He's definitely a madman capable of horrible crimes. It's just that the other two are even worse.
>>
>>329677801
Or reaching the end and not killing him since even after everything you do he's still a nice guy.

Major spoilers ahead. The MCs mother was a spy who went undercover to spy on Pagan for the MC's father who was the country's greatest war hero or something, but she fell in love with Pagan and he knocked her up but she passed it off to her husband as his child. When he found out after the kid was born he killed the baby in a rage which pissed off Pagan so he killed him, and so the mother fled to the US with the MC as a toddler. The place she wanted to have her ashes scattered isn't actually a place, but the name of her and Pagan's dead baby. If you wait 15 minutes in the opening mission like Pagan tells you he comes back and takes you to the shrine he had the baby buried so you can scatter the ashes and then becuase you're the closest thing he has to a son he gives you the whole country since he's bored with it. If you play the game properly he still will provided you hear him out at the end and don't shoot him.

It's pretty interesting actually, though it could have been expanded upon more.
>>
>>329677272
He wasn't "good" but he was necessary. He was keeping that shitty region in order.

Without him, power goes to a pedophile consumed with the old ways, or completely insane feminist who wanted to erase the country's entire history. Min kept the history intact, saved the little girls from a lifetime of rape, but he also enslaved the people and attempted to bring the country out of 3rd world status.

He also was sick of ruling though, having his ugly, gay heart broken by a female and was going to give the entire country to her son.
>>
>>329678238
>torture
Disagreeable but common enough.

>killing people working for him that he's not pleased with
This one is what throws me. Any remotely sane person doing this is unimaginable. Even Kim Jong-Un has trials and formal executions. It makes his character really weird, he seems to mean well in so many things and have a solid idea of what he's doing, but then he just snaps and kills more-or-less innocent people on a whim. Min's government without Min in charge would probably be solid is the impression I get, so somebody well adjusted like Ajay taking over seems like a good ending. Preferably without slaughtering half the Royal Army first.
>>
>genuinely can't remember if I finished the game or not
>>
>>329674485
When people arrive at a party, they can occasionally bring a friend who was not invited as a "+1". Min was joking that Kyrat was a party. That is what he meant by this.
>>
>>329678245

Even if you let him escape you still have to side with one of those 2 retards?
>>
>>329678238
Just like Saddam was in Iraq and look at what it's "liberation" got us. Fucking ISIS
>>
>>329677921
>no player fellatio = unfun
ubisoft open worlds are unfun gameplaywise in general but this is a new level of faggotry
>>
>>329678815
>no player fellatio
What the hell does that mean? I'm not saying I want video games to do the annoying as fuck Half-Life 2 thing where everybody is on the MC's dick from the get go and never shut up how great I am.

My problem is that I got the impression that the game thought it had me fooled into thinking something and was being smug about it when it was incredibly obvious from the start.
>>
>>329678587
>he thinks nato or anybody in general expect DEMOCRACY in the middle east
>>
He meant is this your date.

He called you a fag OP
>>
>>329678579
After that it's basically do whatever you want until you reach 100% since that's the end of the story and neither of those 2 are relevant again, but basically whichever one you choose at the last decision gains power after that but Pagan leaves it all in your hands to decide what happens next. Of course story and gameplay wise that doesn't happen since it's the end. Getting to go against whoever won after Pagan leaves would be neat but from a game design and writing perspective that would be a fucking nightmare, so whatever happens after Pagan pisses off is left open to interpretation.
>>
>>329677545
western interference hasn't been about making something better since WW2. it's all 100% military strategy to create allies and proxy states
>>
File: lol.jpg (16 KB, 236x284) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
16 KB, 236x284
>>329678587
>The primary news source for the execution was the state-run Iraqi television news station Al Iraqiya. A scrolling headline read, "Saddam's execution marks the end of a dark period of Iraq's history."
>>
>>329678963
>>329678963
How can you not be praised for everything you do in half life 2

Gordon basically saved the entire vortigaunt race
Barney is an old friend that uses sarcasm about how everyone praises you
Alyx is in love
The shit you do against the combine is simply amazing and out of normal rebels reach

Also the praise only happens early in the game, after that its just "woww gordon freeman is with us! Awesome"
>>
>>329679549

Yeah, I think that after the 7 hour war the world got so fucked that anything that shows up and can help them is worth of praising.
>>
that feel when i've been skrewed by amita, at least i didn't kill sabal
>>
>>329678484
Surely, you understand the concept of superiority over inferior races/people. To certain types, no matter how useful a human being may be, their lives are still worthless and replaceable. This kind of thing isn't even foreign to real life. Christopher Columbus was one of the more famous people guilty of this sort of thing.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.