[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Surge - sci fi souls gameplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: small_1453724262.jpg (39 KB, 602x298) Image search: [Google]
small_1453724262.jpg
39 KB, 602x298
The Surge is a new game from devs of Lords of The Fallen - Deck 13. It's setting is futuristic with exoskeletons. What do you think about first futuristic "souls-like"??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PWoD1WZmPjI
>>
>from devs of Lords of The Fallen
Let me look for a fuck I give, brb
>>
I suppose Deck 13 are sticking to what they know, making mediocre Souls clones.
>>
>>329664615
So half of the LotF devs are doing a sequel, the other half are doing sci-fi Souls.

With DaS3 and then Ni-Oh hitting this year, do you think you'll be completely burned out on Souls-type games by the end of 2016, /v/?
>>
>>329664615

I'm not feeling the weight behind the combat system despite those forced cinematic executions.
>>
>>329664923
I got burned out before DaS2 came out.
>>
>>329664805
The question is - is it good for souls game to be futuristic?
>>
File: EuropeAndMuslims.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
EuropeAndMuslims.gif
4 MB, 270x263
Defend ur woman from Muslims not preview games silly Germies
>>
>>329664615
Looks like a shitty unity game. Even for being alpha. They should reconsider or let From hit the sci-fi scene first.
>>
>>329664923
I'm already burned out.I dont even hate souls' gameplay but why the fuck is evey single one basically the same,even non-souls games like this?They are literally just reskinning the same shit over and over.
>>
i liked lotf

even liked it better than dks2 if not for dks2 having multiplayer
>>
>>329665054
Probably because if they tweak the combat too much it might deviate too much and people won't like it.

It's much safer to just stick to what you know people like than to try to innovate and risk people losing interest.
>>
>>329664993
That's not the question, the game won't be good anyway.
>>
>>329664615
>>329664615

It must be piss cheap to make fucking Dark Souls games, these poor bastards sold fuck all on LoTF, but they're coming back around with some sort of AA Sci-Fi souls clone?
>>
>pretty looking, mediocre souls clone
>but sci-fi
I could probably get behind this
I'm interested to see how they do weapons and the RPG stuff though. I never played lotf so I don't know how they did it there.
>>
>>329664615
That setting is a more interesting change than anything From has ever done with the series to be honest
>>
>>329665427
From memory, LotF sold about a million copies within 6 months, so that's not terrible for a mid-budget Souls clone.
>>
Why don't they aim for a more consistent multiplayer or at least constant CO-OP style in souls flavor? The regular one has been done to death and better by original developers.
>>
>>329665427
Over a million copies ain't something to scoff at, sure it didn't sell as well as a Souls game would have but it sold decently enough for what it was.
>>
>Sci-Fi
>swords

G A R B A G E
>>
>>329666308
>have the tech for massive battle armour and energy swords
>no firearms of any kind in sight

I get that it's "just a game" but i like my games to be somewhat believable.
>>
>>329666448
They even have fucking zombies again.
>>
>>329665634
I can get behind that, I'd buy this for the sci-fi role alone add in at least 2 player co-op I'd go out of my way to buy it and at least make a buddy buy it as well.
>>
>>329664615
looks cool and LotF devs are pretty competent. I'm looking forward to it, thanks shill!
>>
>>329664615
I'm so sick of the whole "clunky exoskeleton" aesthetic.
Why not have some sleek and fast power armors with jet hammers or something?
>>
>>329666448
I get what you mean, but for those who don't speak Nazi:
You're an engineer and this is some huge industrial district. No weapons needed I guess, repurposed tools.

So it's pretty much the Dead Space premise, but instead of making it a TPS they want it to be souls-like.

The only reason Bloodborne got away with having guns, was that the pseudo-victorian era firearms were really primitive and basically just support to your melee.
>>
Funny, I saw a 500+ reply thread talking about how cool a Sci-Fi Souls game would be.

>>329664923
I've been burned out of Souls-type games since fucking Dark Souls 1, dude. It was a great game, but I really don't get the appeal of having it become a genre. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls was more than enough for me.
>>
>>329664615
lel.
let the shitty souls games come i havent bought DaS2 and im still enjoying Dark Souls for coop and PvP.
i literally still play it almost daily.
ill just ignore the new "souls" games like i did before and just stick to darkroot garden pvp and hunting sinners for the darkmoon trap.
>>
Robots are the single most boring enemies to fight unless they fall to bits.
>>
>>329664615
Oh, neat sci-fi Souls sounds cool-

>from devs of Lords of The Fallen

i'm out
>>
epic slow mo executes man!
>>
>>329664615
If it had more of a Nihei style, I would consider it.
>>
>>329664615
It looks okay.
>>
>>329664615
But does it have online?
>>
>>329664615
Looks good, but i'm not failing again for lords of the fallen devs.
i don't want to kill the same enemy 500 times to then kill the same boss 20 times.
>>
why them

from pls make a sci fi game
>>
>>329664615
I'm already disliking the first few minutes of combat gameplay because of those mini cutscenes where you're dismembering your enemies while his friends just stand there.

I fucking hate it when devs do this. DOOM 2015 has the same retarded shit when the enemy starts glowing and you can kill them with a cool animation again and again and again.

It just yanks you out of the flow of combat so you can watch a little animation for the millionth fucking time.
>>
>>329671430
Actually nevermind, that game doesn't even seem to be going for a Souls style. Just looks like an action rpg, LotF specifically went for Souls mechanics
>>
>>329664615
looks like a batman game
>>
Laughed at cinematic kills. This trash looks even worse than LotF.
I honestly don't understand why retards even compare this shit with souls games in first place. LotF felt more like some heavier darksiders clone without interesting weapons or upgrades.
>>
>>329664615
When I first heard about this game, I knew it was going to be mediocre at best, just like Lords of the Fallen. This gameplay footage did nothing to change my mind. Looks generic as fuck.
>>
File: future souls.jpg (145 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
future souls.jpg
145 KB, 1024x576
On paper Dead Space Souls sounds cool as fuck, but this looks like shit.

Miyazaki said he would like to make some futuristic games in the future, so my hopes are on that. Pic related.
>>
>>329664959

Same problem I had with LotF. These guys can`t seem to put oomph into their sound and animations.
>>
I don't understand all this hate for lotf. It wasn't a bad game. Literally better made souls game. And DaS has been dead since 1. The fact that they tied combat to FPS in the second one is beyond me. Third will be just the same game. At least this is somewhat a fresh idea. Yeah it has cinematic kills and shit but at least it's not the same game again.
>>
>>329665563

From weren't really forced to change because they were incredibly good at Gothic fantasy. It is definitely in that developer's best interest to look for new settings to establish so not to be immediatly compared to the Souls setting/aesthetic.
>>
Looks interesting, but I am iffy on whether the Souls style fits within the type of setting they're doing. You can only get so far with future swords and tools before it's silly that people don't have guns. On top of that the stupid flashy kill animations and walking that looks like the character needs to go to the bathroom really doesn't bode well for how the game will flow.

I'm totally down if it goes in a similar direction as Dead Space with The Thing kind of monsters. But if it's primarily robots then I can't say I'm keen. Especially since it looks pretty sluggish and bland. Also, if they stay inside scientific facilities throughout the entire game then that'd be awful. If they start showing some alien planets or something then that's promising.
>>
>>329666448
BULLETS CANT WORK IN SPACE NOR MELT STEEL BEAMS
>>
Didn't play lords of the fallen.

What was so bad about it?

They didn't get the souls formula right and the gameplay was clunky or what?
>>
>>329664615
Looks a bit nicer than LotF.
Not that great, but could provide some fun, the only thing that bothers me are the cinematic attacks.
>>
>>329664615

Where da guns?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.