[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when you realized that Nintendo Wii is the gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: nintendo Wii.jpg (411 KB, 2990x1993) Image search: [Google]
nintendo Wii.jpg
411 KB, 2990x1993
Where were you when you realized that Nintendo Wii is the gaming industry as a whole saying "Fuck you!" To left-handed people?
>>
Lefties aren't a minority that matters yet
>>
>>329657967
Sheyat, more relevant than niggers.
>>
>>329657890
You realize you can just put the wiimote in your left hand, thats what my mate does.
>>
>>329658121
Niggers will riot and murder people lefties won't do shit
>>
>>329657890
how stupid are you?

10 years later and you still don't realize you can put wiimote and/or nunchuck in either of your hands?
>>
>>329658268
Exactly, we're productive members of the society.

>>329658226
Have you ever tried swapping your controls on a regular controller? So that your left thumb controls the camera and your right thumb controls movement? for an average gamer that is an extremely awkward sloppy experience. Wiimote+Nunchuk as a lefty is basically a choice, walk awkwardly and command comfortably, or command awkwardly and walk smoothly.
See what I mean?
Not to mention most of the games just don't have a left-handed mode, hell, even link was swapped after literally decades of being left-handed.

>>329658376
>how stupid are you?
>10 years later and you still don't realize you can put wiimote and/or nunchuck in either of your hands?
read above.
>>
When they made Link right-handed in Wii TP to accomodate right-hand fags, I got miffed.

When I couldnt legitimately hold a shield in right and a sword in left and have the same movesets in Souls games, I felt despair.
>>
File: virtual-boy-2011-03-21-600-09.jpg (41 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
virtual-boy-2011-03-21-600-09.jpg
41 KB, 600x400
>>329657890
Bait?

Reminder that Miyamoto is ambidextrous.
Reminder that Nintendo released a symmetrical controller for left and right handers.
>>
>>329658517
>Bait?
You don't actually know what bait means, do you?
>>
Left handed people are LITERALLY the spawn of satan
>>
>>329658592
Aren't you a little old for imaginary friends?
>>
>>329658631

...wut?
>>
>>329657890
I'm left handed yet I can easily control the wiimote with my right hand for 99% of games.
That's like saying computer mouses are saying "Fuck you!" to left handed people
>>
>>329658649
Reddit making an atheism joke.
>>
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 247x204
>>329658659
>That's like saying computer mouses are saying "Fuck you!" to left handed people

>I'm left handed yet I can easily control the wiimote with my right hand for 99% of games.

nunchuk analog.
>>
>>329658426
wiimote+nuchuck pairing literally gives us a choice to pick in whatever hand we want to control our characters with

> command awkwardly
> command
> awkwardly
HOLY SHIT how clumsy you have to be to not being able TO PRESS A BUTTON in your not dominant hand?!..

do you have a physical condition in your right hand or something?

Wiimote+nuchuck is literally the best and the most comfyest thing for left-handed gamers ever and you are bending yourself backwards trying to prove it's the opposite
>>
>>329658778
>HOLY SHIT how clumsy you have to be to not being able TO PRESS A BUTTON in your not dominant hand?!..
Are you retarded? Or did you genuinely forget the whole "motion control" part?
>>
>>329658778
oh boy good thing the entire wiimote has only the A button and no other functionality otherwise you'd really sound like an idiot
>>
>>329658463
So much this.
>>
>>329657890
I'm left handed, had 0 issues.
>>
>>329658890
>>329658820
so now (You) are literally saying (You) are unable to lift wiimote or something?

I am extremely left-handed but even i can control what rudimentary motion features wiimote has just fine

I really wonder if you can even breath at the same time as you type if coordinating the simplest of motions in your non-dominant hand is suddenly an insurmountable obstacle for you.
>>
>>329659021
Its not like I can't use it, but you seriously don't feel even slightly strange/discofmorted trying to control character movement with a stick in the right had? I've literally got 20 years of controller muscle memory going against it.
>>
>>329659104
>so now (You) are literally saying (You)
What is this?
What is that?
Are you trying to be clever or are you having a stroke?
>>
>>329658226
>>329658376
>>329658659
>>329659021
I think OP was talking about all the left-handed characters being made right-handed in wii games, I could be wrong.
>>
ITT: Right handed people pretending to be left handed.
>>
>>329659114
then put it in your left hand

what's the problem here again?

default dual analog controller need both hands as well

You are arguing against a setup that gives you a CHOICE against setup that DOESN'T give you a choice
>>
>>329659743
>then put it in your left hand
>what's the problem here again?
Then you have your non-dominant hand controlling all the move-related things which just transfers the issue.

Default analog controllers need both hands, but your right hand is just pushing buttons. That's the difference. I don't understand why everyone is exaggerating in this thread, its not the end of the world, its not that I can't do it, its just that regardless of what orientation you do this in, specifically due to analog being broken off and mote doing the motion control that you're forced to choose. both hands are in charge of some kind of movement, so if you are left handed you're at a disadvantage specifically due to that muscle memory. For a right-handed person they can have wiimote motion in their dominant hand, and their movement analog in the left hand which contains muscle memory for it, where as with a left-handed person both the dominant hand and the hand containing the muscle memory for analog movement are one in the same.

The issue isn't big, but you can't be so retarded as to not understand this.
>>
>>329657890
Serves you right for being a deformed monstrosity.
>>
>>329657890
I'm a leftie and have never had any problems playing video games on any console

Maybe you're just a bitch nigga OP
>>
>>329660061
Maybe it's because I started extremely early, but it was just never an issue, never felt awkward. I've always controlled movement with the left hand, so having the Nunchuk in the left was always natural feeling for videogames.
Throw, write, etc all left handed.
>>
>>329660061
>Default analog controllers need both hands, but your right hand is just pushing buttons
ONLY in games that don't use right stick actively. Think platformers or RPG.

But if you're playing a shooter or dual stick shooter (Geometry Wars) you right thumb will literally be on right stick constantly. Unless you're not playing dual analog games AT ALL because you right hand condition.

Then let's try to play the same games with wiimote and nunchuck.

Platofmers or RPG -- you're STILL just pressing buttons.

Shooters or Geometry Wars-style game -- you're controlling both axis with stick on left and motions on right. And if you have condition in your right -- you are STILL not playing exactly as on default controller.

With wiimote you actually have a choice and can now put your hands whenever you like and how you like.
>>
>>329660643
Mario Galaxy.
>>
If you never developed cross-dominance as a lefty then you should kill yourself.
>>
>>329660739
Mario Galaxy what?

Shaking a wiimote once in a blue moon is now a problem? Which doesn't even track the direction of your waggle.

Collecting star bits?

When collecting starbits you're either:

1. Just standing there so you can aim. So you're not controlling your movement at all, hence not using your left thumb at all.
2. Flying around, again not using your left stick AT ALL.

Yoshi pionts in 2? They have insane auto-aim so you can half a screen away and it will still connect.

Work out or something, this is pathetic.
>>
>>329657890
My friend is left-handed and he plays regular games with regular controller just fine.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.