[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God damn it /v/, you're supposed to inform me when shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5
File: ROCKBANDPC.png (1 MB, 1286x701) Image search: [Google]
ROCKBANDPC.png
1 MB, 1286x701
God damn it /v/, you're supposed to inform me when shit like this happens. Why have you stopped spoon-feeding me? Fucking Rock Band 4 for PC, with tools to put your own songs into the game. Your Love and Starship Trooper are on Rock Band 4 with fucking vocal harmonies and I don't plan on spending 450 Igloo Bucks to get a PS4 here in Canada. Please, let's make this happen. I legitimately donated $49 as soon as I saw this.

They are apparently trying to make it work with the instruments you already have.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/rock-band-4-pc
>>
I'll donate 49 just to get the game as soon is ready
>>
>>329651792
nah fuck this shit. they haven't even fixed any of the stuff with rock band 4 console. hell, they somehow made it worse.
>>
>paying beforehand for a port of an existing game
Disgusting
>>
>>329651843
That is the only reason I donated, it's through Steam as well so I'm fucking excited
>>
>>329651792
we already have rocksmith on PC m8, why do you want to play 5 button instruments when you can when you can play/learn the real thing
>>
>>329651792
I want it, too, but for god's sake, could you shill less blatantly?
Also, general reminder that Harmonix has someone on Fig's board of administrators and therefore this campaign is fishy as shit
don't buy the game until the port is done
>>
>>329651886
I'm sure they'll fix it all in due time. Rock Band 1 and 2 were both pretty broken at launch (HOPO chords, strum limit in RB1 making Green Grass and High Tides FC impossible)
>>
File: 1400925113282.png (3 KB, 168x141) Image search: [Google]
1400925113282.png
3 KB, 168x141
>>329651969
>don't buy the game until the port is done

but the port won't be done if we don't buy the game
>>
>>329651969
Not shilling, just excited and surprised that I haven't seen anyone talk about it here. Also, yeah they are probably partnering because Harmonix wants to support Fig. Fig is trying to be Kickstarter specifically for indie games.
>>
>>329652081
>implying it won't get funded
Every crowdfunding game that was actually worth it (and several that weren't) met their goal. 1.5 million for a fucking port is fishy as shit.
AKA, normies will fund this shit for us, and we'll get to find out if the port is trash or not and then buy it.
The port is going to be trash and run like shit and fill the Steam store with so much DLC it'll be impossible to navigate
>>
>>329652129
>not shilling

Nah, you're an obvious shill.
At least be more fucking subtle at it.
>>
>>329652216
I get called a shill every time I make threads about any game. But then you faggots get ignored, and the thread goes on fine while you sit here and refresh until you get some (You)'s. Here's one for ya bud
>>
already got rocksmith and that actually taught me something.
>>
File: Capture.png (424 KB, 1064x928) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
424 KB, 1064x928
>>329652210
>fill the Steam store with so much DLC it'll be impossible to navigate

Nah, Steam store isn't an enormous pile of shit like certain other stores
>>
>>329652034
i highly doubt it. the instruments are still awful.
>>
awesome, now we can mod it
>>
>>329652824
What do you find so awful about them? Haven't played RB4 yet by the way
>>
>This is the only way they can feasibly bring back Rock Band Network thanks to consoles being more locked down than Sing Sing
>>
>>329652941
I hadn't even thought of that yet.

>modded Rock Band
>thousands of free custom songs
>possibly able to pirate DLC
>>
can't transer 360 dlc to pc because they are :different platforms"

what kind of bullshit is this?
>>
>>329653053
Rock Band Network was a huge project for Harmonix to take on, though. If it's all done through Steam, they won't really even need extra resources to maintain RBN.
>>
>>329651792

>All 1700+ DLC songs for free

THANKS HARMONIX!
>>
>>329653159
Steam is a separate storefront than Xbox Live
>>
>>329653159
The real reason is that they're going with Steam and neither company wants to lose DLC profits to that.
>>
>>329653237
but all the delisted songs will have to be hacked in some how
>>
>>329651792
So now I have a use for these shitty plastic guitars and drums that I can't sell after selling my consoles?

Sweet.
>>
>>329653159

You know nothing of the shit reality of music licenses.
>>
>>329653391
I'm sure it will support the madkatz midi adatper
>>
>>329653159

Music licenses have terms of usage, dumbass. Why do you think some games lose music when they get ported?
>>
>>329653469
I don't have one, I just have the Guitar hero 4 guitar and rock band 2 drums.
>>
>>329653589
>wireless controllers
Have fun buying an adapter
>>
>>329653385

>Hacked in

It's a port, not a new game. The DLC will likely use in identical system to consoles, which means you just sign the package and drop it in with the rest.

Same happened for Guitar Hero.
>>
>>329653589
then get one, nigger, and get some real drums
>>
File: 1456284430665.gif (986 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1456284430665.gif
986 KB, 800x450
>>329651792
>Bullshit Band 4 for PC
>Not DJ Hero 3

pls anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f-EiSa_ASg
>>
>>329653641
What? They come with usb adapters already.

I used to use them to play frets on fire.
>>
All the people of note who made the first Guitar Heroes and Rock Bands great left or got canned when the music game bubble popped. RB4 and this port are hail-mary plays by Harmonix and MadCatz to remain in business.
>>
>>329651792
Wait, so essentially you can just pirate all the dlc with their "song creation tools"?
>>
>>329653776

It's a rhythm game, not an RPG. There are no "People of note" vital to success.

You press buttons that vaguely approximate the notes of the song.
>>
>tfw this port will never do the thing GH3 did and let you turn off everything except for the fretboards
>this port could be toaster friendly but never will
>this port probably won't even have graphical options at all
I can see it now.

>Graphics: Low/Medium/High
>Anti-Aliasing: Off/On
>>
>>329653776
I'm sure pc players can hack rock band 4 into playability

I was going to buy an xbone, but now that it is coming to pc, why bother?
>>
>>329653952
Yeah, you're right. They just type what they want into the Code-O-Mat 3000 and pop out a game. My bad.
>>
>>329653995
>I can see it now.

Of course you can, you're a /v/edditor "ALL GAMES FAIL, BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY"
>>
>>329653995
>>>tfw this port will never do the thing GH3 did and let you turn off everything except for the fretboards

Wasn't this a mod? I'm pretty sure that wasn't included in the actual game and people modded it in because of how shitty the game ran on even high end pcs.
>>
>>329654097
It's already a red flag that they're doing crowdfunding for a fucking port. After talking time and again about how much piracy was keeping them from having a PC version. This is many many times more cancerous than Kickstarter has been and shouldn't be supported. If they want people to pay them beforehand for a port they can go fuck themselves and stay wallowing in their more and more disappearing console audience until they go under.
>>
>>329654097
>ad hominem
>against someone who didn't even insult the game itself and just cracked a joke about modern PC ports
>>
holy shit what they need crowdfunding for RB now?
>>
>>329654275
Actually, it might have been. I don't totally remember it too well.
Still, though, for 1.5 million dollars (for a fucking PORT) I can see very little reason for it to not be an actual option.
>>
The thing is, this is an astoundingly bad deal for investors. The estimate used in the investor presentation compares likely sales to Rocksmith. Not Rock Band, ROCKSMITH.

Rocksmith works because lots of people have actual guitars and would actually be willing to invest in a real guitar anyway. That's why it has 400K sales. Rock Band on the other hand is based on an ever growing series of useless peripherals that everyone got tired of.

Even if they do support legacy instruments, they are literally marketing the game to the same people that ALREADY OWN ROCK BAND 4. And the odds of someone buying the same game twice is pretty bad. Especially with the lack of legacy library transfers.

And then even worse, investors get nothing from DLC sales. So Harmonix is essentially funding the port completely off of other people and then not giving any meaningful returns back to investors from the REAL money being made in DLC.
>>
>>329654520
The reason they're asking for so much money is because they want to get developers who know how to develop for PC to port Rock Band 4. They mention the company in their video, I think it might turn out okay. Plus, porting from this gen to PC might not be as retarded as last gen.
>>
>>329654520
>Still, though, for 1.5 million dollars (for a fucking PORT)

Music must be relicensed/updated contract when releasing something on a different platform/medium/device/etc than the original license agreed to.

Have you ever tried to license music in your life? The company I work for dropped an open license shit tune into our ad campaign because of the mile long license agreement put forward to license a fucking a single fucking song clip not even 30 seconds long.
>>
>>329654838
>Plus, porting from this gen to PC might not be as retarded as last gen.
I thought this too before the new consoles came out but so far it's been worse than last gen. At least the latter half of the gen. I don't remember much about PC ports from the beginning of the gen.
>>
>>329652978
the drums and guitar require different settings of calibration. it's awful trying to play with more than 1 person. instruments will drop connection out of nowhere randomly. notes won't register. fast drum rolls always drop notes. the list goes on.
>>
>>329654838
>>329654843
I get the reasons why it would cost a lot of money, I'm not trying to harp on the cost. All I'm trying to say is that I'd buy this port, but I know full well it won't be toaster friendly and I'm not gonna be able to play it until someone makes some sort of graphics patch that leaves nothing but the fretboards (which feels like the most obvious choice for graphics settings on this kind of game, but probably won't be in the game)
>>
>>329654979
Really? Even the newer Call of Duty games had decent PC graphics settings, but I guess I am just assuming that it's better this gen. Another reason might be that the Xbone is quite literally designed on PC architecture (Windows 10)
>>
File: IMG_1027_2.jpg (24 KB, 300x381) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1027_2.jpg
24 KB, 300x381
>>329651792
>company tries to recoup its profits on a pc port BEFORE pcucks pirate the shit out of it

Well that's a new one
>>
>>329655026
Hmm, that sounds pretty gay. Thanks for the head's up. I bet they will fix it all, though. It might take a year or more but it will eventually work properly.
>>
>>329653723
>DJ Hero
>not the superior japshit

http://youtu.be/m9a37bfmE60
>>
>>329651792

My biggest worry is the ripple effect this has on mods.

They're using Steam Workshop as a way to distribute for the new Rock Band Network, which means the songs will be sold as they are put onto RBN by creators working with the oiriginal song artists who own them.

Now I fear the money made through selling licensed music through RBN sales will give Valve the wrong idea of "Oh, so they want paid mods" and it will all come back.
>>
>>329652941

I'm praying they can mod keyboard back in.
>>
>>329655178
>you cant pirate our game until you pay us first, piratefags
>>
>>329655331
>implying they aren't bringing paid mods back with Fallout 4
>>
>>329655026

Never had an issue with any of this on the xbone version and I play always with 2 other people.
>>
>>329655348
I'd rather they just port rock band 3

it's superior to rock band 4 in every way
>>
>>329655331
Meh, not too concerned about that tbqh
>>
>>329651894
You only get charged if it happens
>>
>>329655449
If Rock Band 4 does well they just might do that. Rev up them petitions, boys
>>
>>329655178
All this does is make me want to pirate it even harder.
>>
>>329655449
>Rock Band 3
>Good

A blight on the entire series. Where the fuck is 2
>>
>>329655574
>harmonies
>keyboard
>bad

What the fuck bro
>>
>>329654590
>that everyone got tired of.

Stop spreading this myth.

Rock Band 3 still had 400k unique users every month at the time RB4 was announced. It still pulls over 200k today.

The only reason the game stopped getting content wasn't lack of interest or players, it was because Harmonix spent all their money buying themselves out of the Viacom sale so they wouldn't be sold to Activision. They had no capital left to license more DLC.
>>
>>329651792
Fuck that, just fucking sell the standalone new guitar already. They were supposed to have been selling that by now.

I'm tired of using my old RB1 guitar with a loose whammy bar.
>>
>>329655152
Devs don't bother to optimize. Lowering settings still uses a shitload of vram because devs don't even bother recoding the memory usage and don't give any options to help it except lowering the texture quality, which still doesn't help much. Blops 3 uses like 12+GB of system ram regardless of settings. It also somehow is at 100% on all 4 of my cores even though it's a linear shooter. And that's after a patch, before it wasn't even playable because it was stuttering so badly.

I thought ports would be simple too but most ports these days are garbage. They run like shit for seemingly no reason, use 2x or more memory than the new consoles even have access to while not even having the settings go any higher than the console versions, graphics settings do fuck all, among other things.

Though I think ports seemed better in the middle of last gen because even if the devs completely dismissed optimization the games were so far behind what PCs could do that you could just bruteforce them into decent performance. We're not at that point yet, especially since Nvidia and AMD are still catching up with their vram amounts, at least for cards other than the absolute top of the line.
>>
>>329654590
>that ALREADY OWN ROCK BAND 4.

And I'd pay $49 to be able to pirate all the DLC and get RBN back for obscure artists. RBN was fucking great for that back in RB3.
>>
>>329655643
>>329655574
I'm gonna add some more fucking points simply because RB3 is good and you're shit

>better menus
>earn money/fans in quickplay
>better online
>all content from RB1 and 2 is transferrable

What are you even complaining about, please ellaborate
>>
>>329655695
>just fucking sell the standalone new guitar already.

Not happening, bro. MadCatz didn't get enough from RB4, they're basically going bankrupt now.

Buy a used one online before the manufacturer goes bunk and they become a commodity.
>>
>>329655645
So essentially what you're saying is,

Rock Band never died, the company just wanted to go indie?

Rock Band might become hugely relevant again?
>>
>>329655750
the only weakness RB3 had was a shittier tour mode, and weird limitations on character customization. like for example not all clothing could be any colour, and lots of clothes were locked behind Pro challenges.
>>
>>329655250
jokes on you they won't now that madcatz is broke and they let go most of their staff. its already been a year and alot of the issues are still around.
>>
>>329655574
>A blight on the entire series.
it had pro drums, pro guitar, and keyboards

how is it a blight?
>>
>>329655885
Yeah none of that shit matters. And the tour mode is just fine, thanks for your opinion though
>>
>>329656534
>Liking Rock Band 3's tour
It was literally fucking nonexistant. You played like ten different road trips and then the game tells you you're done and you've already played the whole story.
Less a big band's touring history, more a one hit wonder.
>>
>>329655549
I'd pirate it out of spite, but who gives a shit about Guitar Hero anyway.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.